Morelos Tonight

An absolute stand out for us since he's pulled on a blue jersey but tonight showed why other clubs will low ball us with offers to take him away. Should have killed the tie at least twice but can miss the big chances at important times. Not denying he's been and still will be our first choice front man but we'll never get any more than £15m for him therefore I'd tie him down long term and appreciate what we've got.

I’ll post what I posted in the match thread.

All time top scorer in Europe, fired us into the groups as he’s done in the previous few seasons, where he’s also wracked up the goals against far better opposition. The idea teams will be put off by one off night (albeit a really bad one) like last night is absolutely ridiculous.

I’ll post what I posted in the match thread.

All time top scorer in Europe, fired us into the groups as he’s done in the previous few seasons, where he’s also wracked up the goals against far better opposition. The idea teams will be put off by one off night (albeit a really bad one) like last night is absolutely ridiculous.

Will you stop talking sense for god sake

An absolute stand out for us since he's pulled on a blue jersey but tonight showed why other clubs will low ball us with offers to take him away. Should have killed the tie at least twice but can miss the big chances at important times. Not denying he's been and still will be our first choice front man but we'll never get any more than £15m for him therefore I'd tie him down long term and appreciate what we've got.
Shush.

I don't want us to sell him. I hope he stays for as long as possible because he will be very difficult to replace. However, you aware we rejected a 16m offer from the current French champions last summer?

You mention him missing big chances but you're ignoring all the massive goals he's scored for us both domestically and in Europe for several years. A few missed chances against Alashkert tells us absolutely nothing about his valuation.

Hope tonight does our others off. Then we get to keep him for another year at least and will be a key player for us as always.

Barricade and smell comes to mind

Get back to your sisters bed Declan

They can lowball all they want. Every striker misses chances.

Like Cher’s transitioning daughter we got ourselves a new member :D

I don't really buy that teams will be put off him for missing chances & I'd rather keep him anyway, but one thing I will say is that he probably misses more big chances than any other regular goal scorer I can remember.

Strikers will always miss chances, but Morelos really does miss a huge amount of guilt edged ones at times.

Closing in on 100 goals, our record scorer in Europe.
He'll do for me, he's a goal scorer, not the best technical finisher, but neither was Super Ally.
Someone's paying 20M+ to take him from Rangers.

He was the difference between us going through and potentially going to extra time. He produced the one decisive moment in the tie. If that puts people off and has folk like you considering him not a top player then that’s fine, I’d imagine you’re more Daily Record than Technical Director so knock yourself out.

The list of strikers who've never missed a chance or had a game where it's looked like they couldn't hit a barn door is a mighty short list.
A certain Mr McCoist would regularly miss 2 or 3 sitters then get one when it really mattered
Tonight a goal would have been nice to have, not least for the nerves, but given the one scored last week by guess who? It ultimately did not matter
Hopefully he makes up for the misses on Sunday

He had a really poor game, wasn't his first and won't be his last. Gordon Smith made an interesting point on RTV saying that he's a goalscorer, not a finisher. All will be forgiven if he plays his part in a timslaying on Sunday.

We all know the reason why teams will be put off with him and its nothing to do with ability. How many red cards would he have received looking at all his games last season if var was in use with an unbiased view ?. I don't have the number but I bet the clubs who scouted him do and itl put them of.

Lol keep walking

I’m delighted he is a Rangers player. Couldnt give a toss if he is worth X Y or Z? There’s been a frenzy around his value since day one. Let’s just enjoy his goals and hope he bangs a few in on Sunday.

We all know the reason why teams will be put off with him and its nothing to do with ability. How many red cards would he have received looking at all his games last season if var was in use with an unbiased view ?. I don't have the number but I bet the clubs who scouted him do and itl put them of.

Last season? I can only think of Tannadice.

I don't agree with you anyway. His discipline has improved season on season, a club bid 15m for him last summer when his discipline record was worse than it is now, so it's clearly not that which is putting them off.

I'm not a Morelos fanboy. I like him as a player and he's been a really good one for us, but I don't worship him and he has a lot of faults. In my opinion, in the the Covid world, Morelos is likely worth more to us on the park than any other club are willing to pay for him. I expect he'll stay this season, wouldn't be entirely surprised if he was here the season after too.

Never fails. Usually a bad result but this time a poor performance.
Brings them low posting worms out.
%^*& off terry.

Last season? I can only think of Tannadice.

I don't agree with you anyway. His discipline has improved season on season, a club bid 15m for him last summer when his discipline record was worse than it is now, so it's clearly not that which is putting them off.

I'm not a Morelos fanboy. I like him as a player and he's been a really good one for us, but I don't worship him and he has a lot of faults. In my opinion, in the the Covid world, Morelos is likely worth more to us on the park than any other club are willing to pay for him. I expect he'll stay this season, wouldn't be entirely surprised if he was here the season after too.

Watch back the first old firm game. I'm sure it was last season he flicks his foot into someone after the balls away .hibs away for the stamp?.

Like any player he can have his off day but when he is on it he is invaluable to us.
We will miss him when he eventually moves on.

Yip because no other top strikers miss chances.

It wasn't his night but bloody hell! Morelos us unplayable at times and absolutely vital to us.

Far more than a goal scorer yet he's 3 away from 100

You must have had a pulsating stauner at full time

Or maybe I was annoyed because he missed 3 sitters to go along with his sitter he missed in the first leg?

Maybe I’m annoyed for the stick/abuse I get on here for pointing out that Morelos isn’t a great finisher?

Maybe, just maybe, it’s possible to think Morelos is a very good player and our top striker but isn’t a particularly convincing or composer finisher?

Been following Rangers for close on 50 years and there hasn't been a striker in that time who didn't miss big chances at important times. There isn't a striker on the planet who doesn't miss big chances at important times. Some fewer than others I'll grant you, which is why we've see guys being touted at £150m this summer. However, Morelos' goal scoring record and all round game stands up to scrutiny over an extended period of time, so I don't understand why some people insist on downplaying our players ability and value.

Some logic tie him down on a long term contract but we won’t get more than £15m for him after one poor game in a heat as high as 38!

I love Morelos. And his performances in Europe have, in the main, been out of this world. You don't become our top European scorer if they haven't.

Last night might have been an off night, the heat etc etc and I can excuse just having an off night. What I can't excuse is a lack of effort and in both Alashkert games (regardless of his goal in the first leg) I thought he looked like he couldn't be arsed.

He was awful last night but I think he's looked one of our more sharper players so far this season.

I agree, his finishing was terrible tonight, the on on one was embarrassing, my boys team would do better in that situation and I’m not kidding.

Back