Morelos Tonight

It seems fairly obvious to me Morelos is a very decent player but there must be a reason why he's in his FIFTH season at Ibrox when he's made it clear he wants to go to a higher level and Rangers are willing sellers. 20M is not a lot of cash for most big clubs but so far they think he's not value for money.

20m is more than double our record transfer Ian.

Just a bit of perspective.

His finishing has improved since he first joined - would you agree, I’m of that opinion.

Maybe he’s reached his ceiling? Name a striker that’s not erratic or misses chances; Mbappe can be wild and he’s a superstar.

Yes, his finishing has improved, which shows he is a coachable talent and it is a coachable skill, the notion his finishing can, never change, is a just a bit wild for me.

I love Alfie but I wish he would apply himself to the lifestyle more. By that I mean lose the lbs and really take his game up another couple of levels. He is quite obviously carrying a few pounds which imo if he lost he would add another couple of yards to his pace and he would be alot more mobile. Could add 5m more to his fee easily.

Clubs/Scouts will watch these games and think he's not worth the money asked his attitude and movement were non-existent last night.
The chances he missed as well were really poor. I have never seen so many excuses made for a player as you see for Morelos when he doesn't try or misses glaring opporutunities.
He’s been like that every season with us.

Can the brains trust (lol) give me the names of the Rangers strikers who didn’t miss glaring chances? List them down for me, and then list the names of those who bagged more money spinning European goals than Morelos…..

If any potential buyer really is put off by last night's performance alone - then Alfie - or any other striker - with very few exceptions - isn't for them

Sure Alfie had a howler last night
But if for example he'd done hee-haw for three seasons & then scored a hat-trick in one game - then would we suddenly expect Europe's top clubs to all come running ?

Can the brains trust (lol) give me the names of the Rangers strikers who didn’t miss glaring chances? List them down for me, and then list the names of those who bagged more money spinning European goals than Morelos…..
They all did. And they all got criticised when they had pish perfirmances. Like is what happening right now with Morelos.

Novo was pish at times and people said when he was. That was done without any tears and hysteria with it being pointed out that he had scored vital goals.

We all know the reason why teams will be put off with him and its nothing to do with ability. How many red cards would he have received looking at all his games last season if var was in use with an unbiased view ?. I don't have the number but I bet the clubs who scouted him do and itl put them of.
Yawn.

We all know the reason why teams will be put off with him and its nothing to do with ability. How many red cards would he have received looking at all his games last season if var was in use with an unbiased view ?. I don't have the number but I bet the clubs who scouted him do and itl put them of.
The same amount he got for Helsinki.

The same amount he got for Helsinki.

Var wasn't kicking around back then. I'd rather he stays with us, we will have to get very lucky to replace him like for like. I think he could play at alot higher level but the discipline is holding him back. Why do you think clubs haven't bid? Do you think he isn't good enough or would you agree its something else.

Clubs are bidding.
Rangers want what he is worth.
We don't need to, or want to settle for skint covid prices.

We have had one club make a genuine bid. I'm not saying anything bad about him. I've said many times I think he could play at alot higher level. The only thing I can think of why epl sides haven't been serious is with var he could miss a few games. Do you disagree with any of that?

Every striker misses clear cut chances....multiple chances and down right sitters.
Rather have Alfie kicking about for the forseeable.

What would you say the reason clubs aren't bidding for him ?. Nice input.
Been done to death Tommy and it’s extremely boring now. Did it put teams off when Suarez was biting people? One last thing to say! How do you know nobody is bidding for him, do you have inside knowledge from the club or are you simply guessing, just to have a go?

They all did. And they all got criticised when they had pish perfirmances. Like is what happening right now with Morelos.

Novo was pish at times and people said when he was. That was done without any tears and hysteria with it being pointed out that he had scored vital goals.
Well I was on the forum while Novo was here and I have zero recollection of Novo have a wee clique that genuinely thrived on berating him….

In fact I have zero revolution of any high scoring Rangers centre forwards in my life time getting the sort of shite Morelos does, and that includes ones that have contributed less.

Been done to death Tommy and it’s extremely boring now. Did it put teams off when Suarez was biting people? One last thing to say! How do you know nobody is bidding for him, do you have inside knowledge from the club or are you simply guessing, just to have a go?

Because the club would say they have knocked it back. It's no secret we would welcome bids so it's in our best interests to let others know incase there interested. Trying to compare suarez who's been world class elite level for years to with morelos. Have a lie down.

Don’t give a monkeys for any negativity towards Buff, just have a think about his goals in europe last 3 seasons and he is the biggest influence on that. After only 3 years he is in top 10 all time scorers at Ibrox. If I had a fud I would have his babies o_O :shh:

Because the club would say they have knocked it back. It's no secret we would welcome bids so it's in our best interests to let others know incase there interested. Trying to compare suarez who's been world class elite level for years to with morelos. Have a lie down.

The guy hasn’t compared them in terms of their ability, just their situation with both having perceived issues with their temperament. Why is it when anyone makes a straight forward point like that some inevitably equate it to our player being compared whichever top level player has been named, in terms of ability?

The guy hasn’t compared them in terms of their ability, just their situation with both having perceived issues with their temperament. Why is it when anyone makes a straight forward point like that some inevitably equate it to our player being compared whichever top level player has been named, in terms of ability?

Yes but it's not comparable when one would walk onto most sides in the world. Stunned if you can't see that.

A woeful performance in all honesty, that’s 4 sitters in his last 2 games. Having said that I still fancy him to score a couple on Sunday.

It seems fairly obvious to me Morelos is a very decent player but there must be a reason why he's in his FIFTH season at Ibrox when he's made it clear he wants to go to a higher level and Rangers are willing sellers. 20M is not a lot of cash for most big clubs but so far they think he's not value for money.
It's also fairly obvious he's 3 goals away from joining the likes of McCoist, Hateley and DJ in the 100 club for a reason. That's quite an illustrious club

Yes but it's not comparable when one would walk onto most sides in the world. Stunned if you can't see that.

Oh for fecks sake, it’s all relative isn’t it? Yes Morelos won’t walk into Madrid or Bayern sides, but he’ll still attract the attention of sides a tier below, like Lille, who actually bid for him.

It’s hard work sometimes…

Because the club would say they have knocked it back. It's no secret we would welcome bids so it's in our best interests to let others know incase there interested. Trying to compare suarez who's been world class elite level for years to with morelos. Have
Because the club would say they have knocked it back. It's no secret we would welcome bids so it's in our best interests to let others know incase there interested. Trying to compare suarez who's been world class elite level for years to with morelos. Have a lie down
It is comparable and it is relative! Lets say a club invested £100 million in Suarez and Mr Elite’s suspect temperament lets him down in a Champions league final and he bites someone resulting im him being sent off.
As for the lie down comment! You are on the wrong forum lad, this is for Rangers supporters away and grunt

It is comparable and it is relative! Lets say a club invested £100 million in Suarez and Mr Elite’s suspect temperament lets him down in a Champions league final and he bites someone resulting im him being sent off.
As for the lie down comment! You are on the wrong forum lad, this is for Rangers supporters away and grunt

Suarez was arguably the best striker in the world when he left Liverpool. If you can't see why comparing the two is daft then your beyond help. His record isn't good but there getting maybe thr best striker in the world. Big big difference.

Well I was on the forum while Novo was here and I have zero recollection of Novo have a wee clique that genuinely thrived on berating him….

In fact I have zero revolution of any high scoring Rangers centre forwards in my life time getting the sort of shite Morelos does, and that includes ones that have contributed less.
I don't recall Novo having a clique who thrived on berating him either so our stories check out.

Morelos receives a level of adoration that no Rangers player has got in years and years. Loved by the support for his play and also his character. I find it hard to believe there is a clique on here of Rangers fans who hate him, if you've uncovered that then I'll take your word for it!

What is for sure is that some people turn into wee lassies whenever any deserved criticism comes his way. Even something as minor as pointing our he was poor last night. It's not like he's the only one who is getting it for a shocking performance.

L
An absolute stand out for us since he's pulled on a blue jersey but tonight showed why other clubs will low ball us with offers to take him away. Should have killed the tie at least twice but can miss the big chances at important times. Not denying he's been and still will be our first choice front man but we'll never get any more than £15m for him therefore I'd tie him down long term and appreciate what we've got.
Low ball?....nobody will be buying him from us if he misses chances like that.

Var wasn't kicking around back then. I'd rather he stays with us, we will have to get very lucky to replace him like for like. I think he could play at alot higher level but the discipline is holding him back. Why do you think clubs haven't bid? Do you think he isn't good enough or would you agree its something else.
Luis Suarez.

I don't recall Novo having a clique who thrived on berating him either so our stories check out.

Morelos receives a level of adoration that no Rangers player has got in years and years. Loved by the support for his play and also his character. I find it hard to believe there is a clique on here of Rangers fans who hate him, if you've uncovered that then I'll take your word for it!

What is for sure is that some people turn into wee lassies whenever any deserved criticism comes his way. Even something as minor as pointing our he was poor last night. It's not like he's the only one who is getting it for a shocking performance.

Then you haven’t been reading the forum a great deal then. Because the same group are on him after any shite performance or any misdemeanour, like clockwork.

Did you ever see Novo score a winning goal in Europe only for someone to say (I presume through gritted teeth) “unconvincing finish but I’ll take it”. Between that and the same people wanting him punted for under £10m, dropped for Defoe, strung up after a bad miss etc etc, I don’t think it can be denied that there’s a clique who are just desperate to be proven right. It’s not as though I’m the only one who’s noticed this either.

As for people turning into wee lassies, I think it’s more about defending one of the best players of the last decade from ridiculous takes like “errr that shite performance last night is why no one will want him”.

We have had one club make a genuine bid. I'm not saying anything bad about him. I've said many times I think he could play at alot higher level. The only thing I can think of why epl sides haven't been serious is with var he could miss a few games. Do you disagree with any of that?
Yes.
All of it.
We've had 6 or 7 bids the club's who bid felt were genuine.
Rangers felt they weren't worth it.

Tell me a player who has went from Scotland, straight to a top 4 EPL team?
The last 30 years will do.

Suarez was arguably the best striker in the world when he left Liverpool. If you can't see why comparing the two is daft then your beyond help. His record isn't good but there getting maybe thr best striker in the world. Big
Suarez was arguably the best striker in the world when he left Liverpool. If you can't see why comparing the two is daft then your beyond help. His record isn't good but there getting maybe thr best striker in the world. Big big difference.
I used Suarez as he was the highest profile I could think of off the top of my head but you knew that anyway didn’t you! I could list hundreds of players that have had issues with temperament over the years and it never stopped teams signing them. Im sorry for replying, I just get very confused when I read or hear Rangers “supporters” having a go at a boy who cost us one million pounds and has turned into a legend of our club, especially when its just made up bullshit.

The issue I have with Morelos is that sometimes he genuinely looks as if he doesn't know how to hit the ball cleanly...it's bizarre. Or even last night, when he was through one on one I wasn't confident at all he'd stick it away - same against them at Ibrox (although he did score on that occasion).

Odd one to put your finger on though because you know he's capable of top drawer finishes (ie. Porto) and he can be a predator in the box as well, at times.

Frustrating player.

The issue I have with Morelos is that sometimes he genuinely looks as if he doesn't know how to hit the ball cleanly...it's bizarre. Or even last night, when he was through one on one I wasn't confident at all he'd stick it away - same against them at Ibrox (although he did score on that occasion).

Odd one to put your finger on though because you know he's capable of top drawer finishes (ie. Porto) and he can be a predator in the box as well, at times.

Frustrating player.
Incredible stuff and for that reason I’m out.

Frustrating player.

He absolutely can be, I agree. I think sometimes you can tell from the first 5 or 10 minutes what sort of game he’ll have. As for his one on one, the minute he took a shite touch that left him needing to get the ball out from under his feet a bit I knew he’d make an arse of it. Can’t say the same about the other two where he’s just snatched at them like a player who hasn’t been there and don’t it several times before. I suppose it is a bizarre.

Last night he was the worst player on the park

Kept losing possession, look half arsed and the chances he missed were a joke. If you didn’t know him you’d think he won a competition to play for us.

Those wanting him to be given a new contract etc, not for me.

He has 2 years left. Let’s see how he does this season. IMO we’ve yet to get a full season of top level performances out him. Last season the first half of the season he started off woeful, was dropped, had his application questioned and gradually was fairly average before coming right into his game for about half the season.

Get to next summer and assess how he’s performed and either extend or try and sell.

Those thinking we’ll get £20m though are in dreamland IMO.

Only Lille have made a credible bid of £16m / €16m. If he was as good as many on here genuinely believe then we’d surely have had more bids and interest?

When he’s on his game he’s superb for us but he’s not consistent enough hence the lack of credible interest.

Frustrating player.
Very similar to Kenny Miller that way. Great instinctive finishers but give them a bit of time to finish and they lose a bit of composure.

On last night. It wasn’t his best performance (it wasn’t anyone’s best performance) but he has arguably been our best performer so far this season despite coming back with no pre season etc.

An absolute stand out for us since he's pulled on a blue jersey but tonight showed why other clubs will low ball us with offers to take him away. Should have killed the tie at least twice but can miss the big chances at important times. Not denying he's been and still will be our first choice front man but we'll never get any more than £15m for him therefore I'd tie him down long term and appreciate what we've got.
14Gc.gif

Incredible stuff and for that reason I’m out.

What is wrong in that assessment?

Sometimes Morelos genuinely looks like he can't control a ball or hit it cleanly. Watch some of his performances and you'll see that.

Other times he bullies defenders, plays lovely one touch lay offs, hit the target with ease etc.

You never know what you're going to get with him which is the frustrating part.

He had a poor game. He missed a few gilt-edged chances and tbh his passing has been poor the last couple of games but he will come good again and has been a total asset for us in the past.
I am one of his biggest admirers but he is missing a lot of chances that top class strikers should not miss, he is more likely to score from a snapshot or header, one on one with a keeper not so good, his goal against them at Ibrox was through the keepers legs and he tried the same thing again, you need luck to score that way.

Back