Morelos was brilliant tonight

Thought Alfie was excellent tonight and very unlucky (again) not to get his goal.
The keeper knew nothing about the point blank save at 2-0.
He hit the target with his other chances, sometimes it's not your night, but wee Hagi stepped up & got a wee bit lucky for the 3rd.
Alfie's hold-up and link-up play was excellent and by fuk, he puts a shift in for the team.
Does need to learn there's just no point mouthing at refs and needs to stop going down too easily, but he was almost out on his feet last 10 mins. There will be clubs all over Europe after Alfie, I hope we can keep him for at least one more year.

Thought he put in a decent shift, he should be scoring from 2 yards, reminded me of the old firm where he hit the post with an open goal.

A few late, I won't say dives, but going down easy, risking a second yellow

The diving needs to stop.

His sending off at parkhead has really cost us since the return. I really hope Kamberi is the player we hope he is.

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?
Absolutely brilliant tonight. I thought him and Katic were the standouts for us.
In the second half we played the ball over the top and their back line were rag dolled by Alfie.

hes young and strikers go through these spells .

he will bounce back soon ,

Hes shouldered a lot of responsibility in this side . and that will have taken its toll - not ignoring the off field drama as well

I don't think he deserved to be booked but that's not what I want this thread to be about. But of course we will miss him next week.

Yes, he didn't score tonight and he had a few chances, but on other nights those will go in. He's back on form for me.

That aside, he bossed their back line, took up great positions, pulled them all over the place and put in a great shift.

Agree? Disagree?
Agree Durham Bear because you are right. Yer ma pal

I don’t know what game some folks were watching, but if you think he was brilliant tonight what did you think of his performances first half of the season?

Alfie hasn’t turned up since the sty. His decision making is distinctly dodgy and he’s going down far too easily and picking up some real daft bookings. Thought the caution tonight was harsh but ffs all he has to do is keep his gob shut. Bear in mind he knows Defoe is crocked although I don’t think next week is for him anyway, he’d get run ragged. Alfie’s also started missing easy chances, some admittedly unlucky mind.

Brilliant? Not for me.

Was good everywhere outside of the box. Unfortunately for him that's where a striker needs to be his best and again he was dreadful in it, forcing shots from terrible angles when he didn't have to and missing a chance right in front of the goal

Agree - workrate was excellent and link up play superb. Was unlucky with the chance on the line though I think that does reflect his form/confidence being off a little. Most of the other chances were from very tight angles. He’s scored them before but you’d probably favour the keeper. The one on one in the first half he should have buried but that is the one area of shooting that he’s always struggled with so not a huge surprise. The braga strikers did the same thing at least once.

I was also delighted to see how much he was celebrating when others scored. He seems to have a bit of a relationship going with Hagi. Seems very happy for him doing well.

It was noticeable that his anthems weren’t being sung as much at the stadium. We need to do it more. Though he’s not your classic ‘confidence’ player, I think that crowd behind does add a bit to his game.

I doubt if Kamberi could give a defence the runaround the way Alfie can.
Despite reservations, I think we’re stronger with him than without him.

We've seen Morelos play well and not score - see when he plays against Celtic, he ragdolls their defence for fun but for whatever reason can't find the finish.

That wasn't what we say tonight. He was lazy; didn't press properly and was constantly caught offside. He's clearly unfit, which is concerning considering he has had a decent run of games since his ban ended

I think having Kamberi on the park helps him. Seems to draw defenders in and create more space for Alfie.

Some of his hold up play tonight will be a good as you will see in all European competitions this season, he will go as far as he wants in the game.

He was tremendous tonight. Even better after his booking strangely enough.

As much as rate him he needs to be showing more composure infront of goals seems to be snatching at shots or straight at the keeper. His work rate remains the same as always though.

Morelos is fast becoming he who shall not be criticised for if you do yer a Tim. Well I'm sorry but he's been on the slippery slope downwards since early December and I don't know how it happened or how to rectify it but it needs to happen soon for our sake and his. We need him firing on all cylinders not only to help the team but to drive up that price on his head.

He worked hard but in terms of quality I felt he was miles away. Nowhere near clinical or ruthless enough, and a daft booking that rules him out of the away leg.

The only silver lining is that his recent form may mean that he's with us for another season yet.

Great positioning at times and worked so hard. Seems to be able to turn a defender with ease. That said he had four outstanding chances tonight and the booking.

It might be that that booking ends up costing us in the same way I think missing him in the league knocked us off our stride.

My biggest disappointment in the first half was his booking. You can debate all you want whether it is a yellow or not but imo in europe that is a yellow. The frustrating part is he hasnt learned a thing.

He also wasted great chances similar to hampden. Big loss for next week but he could have delivered so much more than he did tonight. There were also multiple times a sharp Alfie woyld have beat their high line but he was too slow and caught offside.

Based on how capable I know he is it's a 6/10 for me

I thought he let the team down, missed too many chances and now misses a very important game, he cant be trusted now in games, time for him to move on.
Seems it doesn't matter what he does some will defend him.

Back