Morelos

Think we will see a refoccused morelos add ter after the break if he wants to play for his country he will need to put the hard yards in

Long gone sadly.If it was there we would take it now

you do realise theres a month to go in the window, were holding out for what we think hes worth as we rightly should.

lets accept £4m less because its no going quick enough, this place is mental

Haven't even hit the panic stations part of the window where you see exaggerated prices but let's sell quick and cheap! Worst case we keep the best forward we have had in years.

Some of our fans need to learn to stop speaking their panic

you do realise theres a month to go in the window, were holding out for what we think hes worth as we rightly should.

And if he doesn't get a game for us in the next month?

I think he will end up at LOSC and it will be around the £18 mill mark . All parties will be happy enough . Just a hunch based on nothing

That's the problem.We need a few players in and his money will allow us to do that.If it drags on to deadline day then we won't be able to reinforce the team
What if our budget is based on receiving at least £18m for Alfredo? Would you be happy to sell for £16m and not add any more players?

And if he doesn't get a game for us in the next month?

he’ll be training and staying fit.

teams will know hes out the side due transfer speculation/pushing for a move.

If anything we will end up selling for whats been offered.

a month with no games, During the transfer window wont mean we knock off £4m!

At what point did I say sell him for £4m less.I only said there are no bigger offers on the table

At what point did I say sell him for £4m less.I only said there are no bigger offers on the table

when someone laughed at the €12million

your reply was along the lines of “well no one else is offering more”

I took from that youd accept 4m less

when someone laughed at the €12million

your reply was along the lines of “well no one else is offering more”

I took from that youd accept 4m less
Not at all.I just feel that sooner or later we will accept less than we all believe he is worth.Personally I would have taken the £16m and used the funds to get a really good creative midfielder and another wide player as I don't see many clubs offering much more than that

Highly unlikely to happen as he isn't in the starting 11 now and doesn't want to be here
Stop acting like you've got a clue. Clearly not happy with him like many others but you've got no idea what he wants.

His head was turned by Lille, we all know that as Gerrard said so, but Gerrard has since said Morelos is back to giving his best and working his way back into the team, so why do folk ignore such things?

Does he want a move to a bigger league? Yes, he told us that from day 1. It doesn't meant he's being the negative player your many replies suggest, there is still a very high chance he'll be sold this window as there is ages left on it, there is also a chance he knuckles down and we keep him as no-one meets our price. None of us know.

Do you know what he wants? I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest he may want to play elsewhere
I've expanded a little on what I was saying. I don't know what he wants, which is why I wouldn't make statements that suggest I know. It's fine to say "I think" before your comments to show that it's just a personal view point instead of writing like it's a fact he doesn't want to be here.

Granted as I said, he told us from day 1 he was eyeing a move to EPL, but the replies from yourself in this thread are of a very negative nature when I see no reason to be negative. Morelos hasn't done anything wrong, Rangers haven't done anything wrong.

I wonder if it's just because we fans are so unaccustomed to having a player that's valued so highly that we don't seem to be able to handle teams bidding for him and seem desperate to sell below value incase we miss out.

I've expanded a little on what I was saying. I don't know what he wants, which is why I wouldn't make statements that suggest I know. It's fine to say "I think" before your comments to show that it's just a personal view point instead of writing like it's a fact he doesn't want to be here.

Granted as I said, he told us from day 1 he was eyeing a move to EPL, but the replies from yourself in this thread are of a very negative nature when I see no reason to be negative. Morelos hasn't done anything wrong, Rangers haven't done anything wrong.

I wonder if it's just because we fans are so unaccustomed to having a player that's valued so highly that we don't seem to be able to handle teams bidding for him and seem desperate to sell below value incase we miss out.
It's possible but since the winter break he hasn't really been in form,neither were most of the team to be fair,but as the manager said his head has been turned.
I hope we get a fortune for him but the club will have a big decision to make one way or the other very soon

Is it still on the table?
It may well be for all we know, we have a price for him and should not back down to any club not willing to pay the real price for goals, if he doesn’t go then he will just get back in the bike and start scoring more goals until the next window, if the club fold and sell him cheap then we will never be able to get real prices for any players in the future

Well his value won't go up if he doesn't play
If he wants a lucrative move then it's in his interest to work at getting back in the team by knuckling down and getting on with things.

He's under contract to us if he plays a hard game with the club then that's affecting his long term future in football. Other clubs will take notice of his behavior

What problemas is he causing though?
Sulking on the bench is not causing problems, Bears quoting that believe the Timmy narative to much
Nightmare is not causing problems
No but taking a wage whilst not playing and looking unfit and overweight is a problem.

The more he doesn’t play and the more he doesn’t look in shape his value is only going to go one way

What problemas is he causing though?
Sulking on the bench is not causing problems, Bears quoting that believe the Timmy narative to much
Nightmare is not causing problems
Showing a lack of interest in playing for the team is causing problems, his attitude is weakening the squad. He needs to get his head together for his sake and for the club

No but taking a wage whilst not playing and looking unfit and overweight is a problem.

The more he doesn’t play and the more he doesn’t look in shape his value is only going to go one way
So we’re talking about how “ he looks” here?
Do you honestly think clubs will look at his belly before looking at his goal tally?

Not at all.I hope we get a fortune for the guy but the longer he doesn't play the harder it will be to get top dollar for him.
Not necessarily.
We need to make sure the player knows he’s going nowhere until our valuation is met.
We need to make sure he knows he still has to perform to a high level in order to maintain a high valuation.
He needs to know he cannot be allowed to win a cheap move here.

So we’re talking about how “ he looks” here?
Do you honestly think clubs will look at his belly before looking at his goal tally?

yes because he is supposed to be a professional footballer “athlete” if you will.

he’s not in shape. not a good look if he’s wanting to move up to the next level in his career.

Weakening the squad that is unbeaten this season and hasn’t leaked a goal?
I’ll take that mate
He's our most prolific scorer so of course his absence has an impact, his attitude is deplorable, he's still under contract and until we get an acceptable offer he should get his head down and get on with things. We haven't exactly been putting games out of sight with plenty of goals per game have we

He's our most prolific scorer so of course his absence has an impact, his attitude is deplorable, he's still under contract and until we get an acceptable offer he should get his head down and get on with things. We haven't exactly been putting games out of sight with plenty of goals per game have we
We haven’t put teams out of sight for years.

His attitude is the same as the rest of the teams, when they’ve been shite they’ve all been shite together

His value won't go down just because he doesn't play for a few games, this is nonsense. If a team rates him they will go for him so we should bide our time.

Last edited:
Back