Morelos

Who said he was getting better?

So is he playing at the same level he was in Gerrard's first 18 months ? He was rewarded with two new deals and two wage rises during that time due to his form and goalscoring ability.

What exactly is it we're giving him a new deal for ? To maximise his resale value ? We've had one serious bid in 4 years which we knocked back(correctly IMO) and no one else has come close to matching it.

Morelos for £1m has been a brilliant signing. Morelos at £30,000 a week as of now and for the next 3/4 years is an entirely different kettle of fish.

I mean, that's the argument. Does Morelos do enough to justify the sort of wage he's on right now or would expect with a new deal ? For me it's a hard no and he hasn't for a good 3 years now.

You can argue he's our best forward until the cows come home(and TBF he probably is) but that doesn't mean what he's giving us is value for money or is worth any more.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went elsewhere and tore it up to begin with. But he won't sustain it. He never does. He had a cracking 18 months when Stevie G arrived but even then there were peaks and troughs through it.
For a 4 year contract - which is the least Morelos is likely to be after at this stage - on the wages he wants, it’s going to cost the club around £10m. You’re just over £8m in wages alone and the remaining performance and loyalty bonuses will take it to the eight-figure mark.

There could well be a hefty loyalty bonus in his current contract, should he decide to go.

If he’s after £40,000 a week, which is likely to be at least what he’ll be after given he’s already on just over £30,000, I just cannot see the value.

A younger option who is more reliable in front of goal gives us the opportunity to replace Morelos on a lower wage with the possibility of a large profit at the end of it.

So is he playing at the same level he was in Gerrard's first 18 months ? He was rewarded with two new deals and two wage rises during that time due to his form and goalscoring ability.

What exactly is it we're giving him a new deal for ? To maximise his resale value ? We've had one serious bid in 4 years which we knocked back(correctly IMO) and no one else has come close to matching it.

Morelos for £1m has been a brilliant signing. Morelos at £30,000 a week as of now and for the next 3/4 years is an entirely different kettle of fish.
You may wish to believe this or not....I dont care

He helped us to 55 ans impoved our European performance year on year and helped us get to EL final but aye he's lost it.
First half of the 55 season he was very average whilst the rest of the squad were on fire

Then January onwards Morelos picked it up whilst most of the squad took the foot off the gas somewhat given the massive points gap and we were doing enough to win games but it was noticeable the levels had dropped off.

First half of the 55 season he was very average whilst the rest of the squad were on fire

Then January onwards Morelos picked it up whilst most of the squad took the foot off the gas somewhat given the massive points gap and we were doing enough to win games but it was noticeable the levels had dropped off.
So ok for others to do it but not Morelos? Hahaha ok

I think he'll get usage least 2 cups this season.
Colak leading the line doesn't do that
I struggle with the unnecessary digs at Colak as a defence mechanism of Morelos.

%^*& know where we’d have been this season without Colak putting away every other chance while Morelos was developing a bigger pot belly than me.

Still, I’m happy to accept that Colak may not be Beale’s number one, but every squad needs a striker like him.

Anyway - you don’t think he’ll get better. Do you think we should give him over £35,000 a week until he’s 30 or 31?

I struggle with the unnecessary digs at Colak as a defence mechanism of Morelos.

%^*& know where we’d have been this season without Colak putting away every other chance while Morelos was developing a bigger pot belly than me.

Still, I’m happy to accept that Colak may not be Beale’s number one, but every squad needs a striker like him.

Anyway - you don’t think he’ll get better. Do you think we should give him over £35,000 a week until he’s 30 or 31?
Hmmm...struggles with 'unnecessary digs' at colak yet then uses Colak as an argument against Morelos? OK hypocrite.
I like Colak however he isn't the same type as striker as Morelos or anywhere as good.
I never said anything about a contract.

Hmmm...struggles with 'unnecessary digs' at colak yet then uses Colak as an argument against Morelos? OK hypocrite.
I like Colak however he isn't the same type as striker as Morelos or anywhere as good.
I never said anything about a contract.
Colak’s done %^*& all to be criticised for though, he’s carried the team for the first half of the season under Gio while Morelos has had the same problems with fitness and form pretty much every season since he’s been here.

You’re trying to defend Morelos to the death here, but making a complete arse of it.

So, what that in mind, what’s your angle? Do you think he deserves another contract on his desired terms?

And scored 2/3 of our goals against PSV.

I can sense you’re really not wanting to concede Colak was a major reason we qualified. Embarrassing
It’s a bit brutal, isn’t it :))

Seen a few on here resort to absolutely daft swipes at Colak when ‘defending’ Morelos, it’s such a beamer.

Neither Colak or Morelos need defended. By their own parameters, neither one owes us %^*& all by this point.

Colak’s done %^*& all to be criticised for though, he’s carried the team for the first half of the season under Gio while Morelos has had the same problems with fitness and form pretty much every season since he’s been here.

You’re trying to defend Morelos to the death here, but making a complete arse of it.

So, what that in mind, what’s your angle? Do you think he deserves another contract on his desired terms?
Colak has done nothing to be criticised for? He's been 100% on every game?
I get you don't like Morelos, it's mental the amount t of folk similar to you that have targeted the lad since he got here.
I.would offer him a new contract on different terms due to age and previous injury concerns.

I get you don't like Morelos, it's mental the amount t of folk similar to you that have targeted the lad since he got here.
I.would offer him a new contract on different terms due to age and previous injury concerns.
I’ve got a lot of time for Morelos. As I’ve said on here several times, for £1m you’ll never see value like that anywhere. And I mean that, I’m struggling to see better value anywhere else at this level.

One of the few players that’s broken records and could get still go for free and not have to answer a single question as far as I’m concerned. A modern day hero in our recent history.

But you can’t be fucking serious when you’re using ‘not 100% in every game’ as a criticism of Colak when you’re publicly deep-throating Alfie on here, surely to %^*&? Alfie can’t even do 100% every season.

If you are, that is fucking hilarious.

Targeted him since he got here?

You’re embarrassing yourself here. Go to bed.

Not a team game? Solely down to Colak? Did he make the saves to keep us in tie?
When Morelos scored the goals.in Europa League was our success down to him?
So we’ll apply your logic then and say Morelos didn’t carry the team at any point in the past because it’s a team game

When we often hear Morelos bullied Porto etc then we can now agree that wasn’t true, it was a team game?

You’re making a fool of yourself here.

I would be open to offering Alfie a new deal. Not on crazy wages hut perhaps bonuses that would bring that up if he performs. If he is offered better elsewhere then so be it. Wouldn’t be the end if the world.

I would be open to offering Alfie a new deal. Not on crazy wages hut perhaps bonuses that would bring that up if he performs. If he is offered better elsewhere then so be it. Wouldn’t be the end if the world.
He could get more than what we’d offer him at a mid-table club at a decent level.

Ultimately, I think that’ll prove decisive.

So we’ll apply your logic then and say Morelos didn’t carry the team at any point in the past because it’s a team game

When we often hear Morelos bullied Porto etc then we can now agree that wasn’t true, it was a team game?

You’re making a fool of yourself here.
Just arguing against yourself.
Is Morelos perfect? No
Are Rangers better with him int the team? Yes

Not a team game? Solely down to Colak? Did he make the saves to keep us in tie?
When Morelos scored the goals.in Europa League was our success down to him?

That season where we qualified and he scored 6 of our 8 goals in the group stage ?

Yes. Yes, you can put it down to him.

He could get more than what we’d offer him at a mid-table club at a decent level.

Ultimately, I think that’ll prove decisive.
Probably, and if he decides to go for that then so be it. We shouldn’t break the bank to keep him. I love the man but he doesn’t score anywhere near enough of his chances to be Rangers number 1 striker.

I don’t get paid the six figure salary that both Ross Wilson and Michael Beale do to answer that question.

By all means, as a financial advisor, I’m more than happy to give you advice on money, but outside of that? Not my area.

It’s such a pathetic attempt at a defence - you’ve got to have more than that, surely?

Tell me, in June of 2017, were you aware of a young Colombian striker for HJK Helsinki available for £1m called Alfredo Morelos?

And be honest.

I don’t get paid the six figure salary that both Ross Wilson and Michael Beale do to answer that question.

By all means, as a financial advisor, I’m more than happy to give you advice on money, but outside of that? Not my area.

It’s such a pathetic attempt at a defence - you’ve got to have more than that, surely?

Tell me, in June of 2017, were you aware of a young Colombian striker for HJK Helsinki available for £1m called Alfredo Morelos?

And be honest.
The 'who' reply never ceases to amaze me.

Tell me, in June of 2017, were you aware of a young Colombian striker for HJL Helsinki available for £1m called Alfredo Morelos?

And be honest.
No I wasn't.
However as a financial advisor I'm sure you'll agree he's been a fantastic investment?

When was the last time we watched Čolak and thought, brilliant?
Several times this season though mate.

I mean, I’d love a Colak and Morelos at top form choice for our sole striker slot every week. That would square the circle presented to us nine times out of ten in this league.

But you can’t use that criticism against one of them and not expect it to be used against the other.

No I wasn't.
However as a financial advisor I'm sure you'll agree he's been a fantastic investment?
Go and read my posts, I’ve said that about 100 times over.

I’m really not happy at the prospect of Kent leaving for %^*& all, I genuinely think that’s a sackable offence.

Morelos though? He has zero questions to answer for anyone. Even if we kept him on for another two years at £30,000, he’d arguably have earned his keep.

But I don’t care about that. I want young, hungry players who will do a turn for us and earn us big money. Morelos is not that player any more.

Go and read my posts, I’ve said that about 100 times over.

I’m really not happy at the prospect of Kent leaving for %^*& all, I genuinely think that’s a sackable offence.

Morelos though? He has zero questions to answer for anyone. Even if we kept him on for another two years at £30,000, he’d arguably have earned his keep.

But I don’t care about that. I want young, hungry players who will do a turn for us and earn us big money. Morelos is not that player any more.
Ok

Several times this season though mate.

I mean, I’d love a Colak and Morelos at top form choice for our sole striker slot every week. That would square the circle presented to us nine times out of ten in this league.

But you can’t use that criticism against one of them and not expect it to be used against the other.

I’ll criticise them both for various different things.

Morelos form, shape and fitness and that boils down to an attitude problem.

Čolak isn’t down to any of that, more his style of play - decent goal scorer for the money we spent, the rest of his game in this day and age is limited.

I’ll criticise them both for various different things.

Morelos form, shape and fitness and that boils down to an attitude problem.

Čolak isn’t down to any of that, more his style of play - decent goal scorer for the money we spent, the rest of his game in this day and age is limited.
I’m fine with that.

A big instinctive finisher whose happy to be at a club the size of Rangers while on a relatively low salary?

It’s 100% an absolute requirement for us in this league.

I’m fine with that.

A big instinctive finisher whose happy to be at a club the size of Rangers while on a relatively low salary?

It’s 100% an absolute requirement for us in this league.
If he is consistent and can score in the big games. Colak has yet to prove that. I hope he does. Time will tell.

Back