Morelos

Do you remember Morelos in the last 32 and 16 last season? His form was excellent before he got injured.

You really don’t like the guy do you!
Yea I do remember him but he didn’t have any real pace. His limited pace has been on the decline for a while and it’s only really properly showed up since the summer due to the extra weight he’s fired on.

When he’s on his game, I love him. But far too often he’s let the fans, teammates, management down with nonsense on and off the park and I’m fed up of him now and would rather we part ways.

Is that what you’re reduced to!

Objecting to an innocent comment because you can’t formulate any reasonable argument to put to the debate and position articulated in a cohesive manner about Morelos ?
It was a joke ffs!

Debate the issue if you want but move on it’s boring!!
Incidentally you do realise in the English language there is more than one definition of molestor apart from the sexual one you refer to.
As in harass!
Dearie me.
If you said that to Rangers supporter outside the safety of the internet, how do you think that would go for you with that explanation?
You have just joined a forum where Rangers supporters have posted for a while and you think calling them molesters is acceptable, grow up man.
A man/ woman /gender fluid would apologise not make excuses.

Posters are allowed different opinion on players without being abused.

Im starting to think a lot of these who can't see past Morelos are younger supporters.
Winning trophies is something they are not used to, they don't understand the importance of beating Celtic and winning big cup games. This is where your number 9 digs you out with important goals. Domestically Morelos does neither and has not scored over 20 goals in 5 seasons however some posters on here don't see anything wrong with that.
This measure of scoring 20 goals a season to be a decent striker has cropped up a few times, particularly with league goals.
It's worth pointing out that.
The great Ally McCoist had 10 seasons for us where he failed to score more than 20 league goals a season.He had more than a few, six, where he scored under 10.

One of the most ridiculous criticisms you see trotted out. Teams win and lose together. You can't blame an individual for a lack of trophies.
If you look at my posts since 2019 I have been critical of all our players but especially the forwards like Morelos and kent for not scoring enough domestically.

This measure of scoring 20 goals a season to be a decent striker has cropped up a few times, particularly with league goals.
It's worth pointing out that.
The great Ally McCoist had 10 seasons for us where he failed to score more than 20 league goals a season.He had more than a few, six, where he scored under 10.
Any idea how many old firm goals he scored?
Any idea how many trophies he won at Rangers?
Bringing McCoist into this is beyond stupid.

I brought Super Ally into conversation because the abuse he got v Dundee in cup and was well over the top
I was disappointed in result that day but wouldn't give abuse to any Rangers player

Yes we are all well aware of this.
But lets go back.Its your measure.
Your using the measurement of 20 goals a season as a success.So it's only right that this measure or your argument is challenged.
Do your research and you will see how rare this to do consistently particularly in the league.Check the EPL for example and see how many players have managed this for 5 seasons in a row for example.
If your going to critise performance then put out a realistic target.Going by your standard Ally failed in 10 seasons out of 15 in the league.
So he must by your definition be a failure.
So it's not beyond stupid to raise this. It does clearly highlighy how off the mark your 20 goals is.
I'll not call you stupid for using it though.

Edit to clarify this isn't a criticism of Ally McCoist but the standard set.

Yes I do count that red card because it happened when all he had to do was smash the ball into the net.

Instead he bizarrely dived and got sent off leaving us a further 2 minutes to defend for our lives given Clancy was determined to play extra time hoping they’d score.

No matter how you want to dress it up, the facts are approximately 20 appearances, 2 goals, 2 red cards. Not good enough for a Rangers main striker.
I agree, it’s not good enough, but there needs to be context for some of the performances.

He doesn’t get a goal or assist in the 1-0 NYD game, but arguably he changes the game with his run where he gets Bitton sent off for example.

Looking at just G/A isn’t the full picture. His presence has contributed to us not losing a league game he’s started v Celtic in almost 4 years. Surely that’s telling?

Yes we are all well aware of this.
But lets go back.Its your measure.
Your using the measurement of 20 goals a season as a success.So it's only right that this measure or your argument is challenged.
Do your research and you will see how rare this to do consistently particularly in the league.Check the EPL for example and see how many players have managed this for 5 seasons in a row for example.
If your going to critise performance then put out a realistic target.Going by your standard Ally failed in 10 seasons out of 15 in the league.
So he must by your definition be a failure.
So it's not beyond stupid to raise this. It does clearly highlighy how off the mark your 20 goals is.
I'll not call you stupid for using it though.

Edit to clarify this isn't a criticism of Ally McCoist but the standard set.
Kane Hemmings and Adam Rooney have hit twenty for weaker sides Shankland will easily hit twenty this season.
Even Stevie Mays hit 22 before Michael Higdon got 26 for Motherwell.

There have been plenty of others as well, this league is pretty shit as are the defenders.

If you said that to Rangers supporter outside the safety of the internet, how do you think that would go for you with that explanation?
You have just joined a forum where Rangers supporters have posted for a while and you think calling them molesters is acceptable, grow up man.
A man/ woman /gender fluid would apologise not make excuses.

Posters are allowed different opinion on players without being abused.
To use the Glasgow vernacular you’re aff yer heid!!
Certainly the people/family I associate with wouldn’t see it as offensive but then again they would understand the context of my comments and wouldn’t see it as you do.

I’ve posted a jocular comment about posters.
who have persistently accused Morelos of millions and of being the scapegoat for Rangers personally not beating the dark side more often and not lifting trophies and no ability .
Absolute nonsense !

And without doubt the continuous and persistent posts on FF in my book it is reasonable to liken to harassment and reasonable to use another attempt at humour and the expression Morelos molestors.
How many people actually think I was talking about sexual molestation and physically abusing Morelos and not harassment is beyond me??
I can’t help if you don’t understand the meaning of the word molestor and the context it is used which is all important.
Your political correctness in this matter does not resonate with me .
Sorry but there it is.

If you want an apology here it is.
I’m sorry that you can’t understand what I said and the context it was used!
I don’t give a feck about individual people and what sexual derivation they are or choose to be and respect their choices but whatever that it is to do with anything I’m not sure.

Obviously you’ve had a humour bypass or maybe my comment wasn’t that amusing is fair enough but don’t pretend to make something out of a bad attempt at humour.

If you don’t understand the difference between respecting posters opinion you’ve not read my posts.
As you pointed out to me grow up and don’t pretend an off the cuff comment is abuse !

Kane Hemmings and Adam Rooney have hit twenty for weaker sides Shankland will easily hit twenty this season.

There have been plenty of others as well, this league is prerty shit as are the dfenders.
Indeed strikers will score more than 20 league goals a season.But they do not do it consistently.Thats why I have highlighted our very best.Ally Mc Coist.
If you are to use this as a standard for criticism of Morelos then apply it to every Rangers striker and see how good or consistent a measure it is.Its not. McCoist managed it for 5 seasons out of 15.
So does that make him sh#t, no of course it doesn't.

Morelos makes us a better team that’s a fact even a half fit one if our best striker imo.

When he is on point and peak sharpness he’s unstoppable any defender in European football would know they’d been in a game with him.

Fact is his attitude and behaviour can make it difficult to rely on him for an entire season that’s why Roofe was so important for us in our title winning season.

I’d hate to let him leave for free but I can’t justify the club making him it’s number one earner and tbh it’s about time we stopped being so reliant on him.

A change might be best for all but part of me knows we won’t replace him with better imo so if he dropped his demands I’d sign him up but be having his replacement hunted and ready m.

I know I’ve contradicted myself but it’s a real 50/50 for me.

Morelos makes us a better team that’s a fact even a half fit one if our best striker imo.

When he is on point and peak sharpness he’s unstoppable any defender in European football would know they’d been in a game with him.

Fact is his attitude and behaviour can make it difficult to rely on him for an entire season that’s why Roofe was so important for us in our title winning season.

I’d hate to let him leave for free but I can’t justify the club making him it’s number one earner and tbh it’s about time we stopped being so reliant on him.

A change might be best for all but part of me knows we won’t replace him with better imo so if he dropped his demands I’d sign him up but be having his replacement hunted and ready m.

I know I’ve contradicted myself but it’s a real 50/50 for me.

We don't score enough goals elsewhere in the team to justify Alfie as a focal point. I know that's not his fault but when your centre forward is a patchy finisher who doesn't perform consistently over a season then you need goals from elsewhere.

If we had another 4/5 players weighing in with 12/15 goals a season then you can work around it but we don't and we cannot continue to play him as our main goal threat but he's just not reliable enough in front of goal.

You need your centre forward to be as clinical as possible in that situation. He just isn't and hasn't been for over 3 years now.

There have been plenty of others as well, this league is pretty shit as are the defenders.
That was handy that you raised Shankland.

"And manager Neilson revealed that the club’s record scorer John Robertson, the last man to score 20 in a season for the Tynecastle club back in 1991-92, messaged him at full-time to ask for Shankland’s phone number. ‘Brilliant for him,’"

Yes over 30 years ago.

I rest my case.I dont think that I can add any more

That was handy that you raised Shankland.

"And manager Neilson revealed that the club’s record scorer John Robertson, the last man to score 20 in a season for the Tynecastle club back in 1991-92, messaged him at full-time to ask for Shankland’s phone number. ‘Brilliant for him,’"

Yes over 30 years ago.

I rest my case.I dont think that I can add any more
Are you just ignoring all the players who have done it at weaker teams.
As this reply seems to suggest that.

Are you just ignoring all the players who have done it at weaker teams.
As this reply seems to suggest that.
We are talking about Morelos and his standard ie "top" level and fine you know it.
Nice that you have ignored the three decade gap at Hearts though.
As I said earlier, nothing more to say I rest my case.
Have a nice evening.

To use the Glasgow vernacular you’re aff yer heid!!
Certainly the people/family I associate with wouldn’t see it as offensive but then again they would understand the context of my comments and wouldn’t see it as you do.

I’ve posted a jocular comment about posters.
who have persistently accused Morelos of millions and of being the scapegoat for Rangers personally not beating the dark side more often and not lifting trophies and no ability .
Absolute nonsense !

And without doubt the continuous and persistent posts on FF in my book it is reasonable to liken to harassment and reasonable to use another attempt at humour and the expression Morelos molestors.
How many people actually think I was talking about sexual molestation and physically abusing Morelos and not harassment is beyond me??
I can’t help if you don’t understand the meaning of the word molestor and the context it is used which is all important.
Your political correctness in this matter does not resonate with me .
Sorry but there it is.

If you want an apology here it is.
I’m sorry that you can’t understand what I said and the context it was used!
I don’t give a feck about individual people and what sexual derivation they are or choose to be and respect their choices but whatever that it is to do with anything I’m not sure.

Obviously you’ve had a humour bypass or maybe my comment wasn’t that amusing is fair enough but don’t pretend to make something out of a bad attempt at humour.

If you don’t understand the difference between respecting posters opinion you’ve not read my posts.
As you pointed out to me grow up and don’t pretend an off the cuff comment is abuse !
The people you associate with and your family are fine if you call them molesters,
say's it all really.
Not many people outside your family and friends will accept that nor should they.

We are talking about Morelos and his standard ie "top" level and fine you know it.
Nice that you have ignored the three decade gap at Hearts though.
As I said earlier, nothing more to say I rest my case.
Have a nice evening.
What's the three-decade gap go to do with anything many players who play in our league even average players have scored over twenty goals in our league.
Our leagues not that great.

How many trophies has our captain won at Rangers
I've never seen a forum like this that so many turn on our own ffs hees our all time leading goalscorer in europe and that wont be equalled or beaten for yrs
Believe you won't know what yer missing when morelos leaves..

Indeed strikers will score more than 20 league goals a season.But they do not do it consistently.Thats why I have highlighted our very best.Ally Mc Coist.
If you are to use this as a standard for criticism of Morelos then apply it to every Rangers striker and see how good or consistent a measure it is.Its not. McCoist managed it for 5 seasons out of 15.
So does that make him sh#t, no of course it doesn't.
That was over 25 years ago when ally played for us, while the league was stronger and he had a broken leg during his time with us.

It's a silly comparison.

I've never seen a forum like this that so many turn on our own ffs hees our all time leading goalscorer in europe and that wont be equalled or beaten for yrs
You should make a thread on our Captain if you want to express you views on him.

Missed sitters, finishing like a lassie and lack of goals against you know who. :D

What's the three-decade gap go to do with anything many players who play in our league even average players have scored over twenty goals in our league.
Our leagues not that great.
F"ck me.
Do you actually read posts or troll.
It's about consitency.
Even McCost didn't mange this.
As for having to explain about the rarity for a senior team like Hearts what can I say.
Three decades and no one manged it there and this doesn't say something about this standard.
Your reply will be ignored mate, troll elsewhere.

F"ck me.
Do you actually read posts or troll.
It's about consitency.
Even McCost didn't mange this.
As for having to explain about the rarity for a senior team like Hearts what can I say.
Three decades and no one manged it therenand this doesn't say something about this standard.
Your reply will be ignored mate, troll elsewhere.
You said it was hard to do numerous players have done it over the years, I don't get why you are so angry, the McCoist comparison is just not great either.
Are all the posters that joined in 2022 angrier now?
No one trolling you, why would they?

I sometimes think we are getting the same members on here signing up multiple times to cause trouble.

Last edited:
We don't score enough goals elsewhere in the team to justify Alfie as a focal point. I know that's not his fault but when your centre forward is a patchy finisher who doesn't perform consistently over a season then you need goals from elsewhere.

If we had another 4/5 players weighing in with 12/15 goals a season then you can work around it but we don't and we cannot continue to play him as our main goal threat but he's just not reliable enough in front of goal.

You need your centre forward to be as clinical as possible in that situation. He just isn't and hasn't been for over 3 years now.
Agree but he’s still our best striker and will take some replacement to take his shirt.

As I said I’m not in either camp in or out I can see both sides and they are both correct

Many did boyd score again them
Not really sure what relevance that is?

Boyd didn’t have a good record against them. He wasn’t arguably our biggest earner though and certainly scored plenty against all other teams on a consistent basis and was part of several title winning squads amongst other domestic cups.

Think he was the league top scorer a fair few times too, no?

Not really sure what relevance that is?

Boyd didn’t have a good record against them. He wasn’t arguably our biggest earner though and certainly scored plenty against all other teams on a consistent basis and was part of several title winning squads amongst other domestic cups.

Think he was the league top scorer a fair few times too, no?

Scored 20 League goals or more 4 seasons out of 5 between 2005-2010

You said it was hard to do numerous players have done it over the years, I don't get why you are so angry, the McCoist comparison is just not great either.
Are all the posters that joined in 2022 angrier now?
No one trolling you, why would they?

I sometimes think we are getting the same members on here signing up multiple times to cause trouble.
Hahaha :rolleyes: This has to be the most saddest, snide and manipulative reply yet on FF.
Nice try.
Causing trouble. Dear oh dear.You dont like a reply do you.You also like to deliberately miss the point eh.
As for the 2022 remark.Are you regularly experiencing people who don't like you for some reason ? I wonder why ?

Welcome to the ignore/troll list.Im not going to miss much .

I’m very much in the ‘if he moves on, so be it’ camp purely because of his recent downturn in form and fitness, but also because we cant literally have asked for any more from a £1m signing from the Finnish league.

He showed more balls than the majority of posters on here moving from Colombia to Finland at that age, and taking on the challenge, which has ultimately led to him to one of the biggest clubs around and known all over the world.

Can we do better for £30,000-£35,000 a week over a 3/4/5 year contract? I think so, Morelos is unlikely to get any better given the same issues have dogged him since day one, so I’m quite relaxed about the whole thing.

However, I do think FF should charge £5 a head for access on the day it’s announced that he’s signed for someone else because it is going to make for some legendary content.

I’m very much in the ‘if he moves on, so be it’ camp purely because of his recent downturn in form and fitness, but also because we cant literally have asked for any more from a £1m signing from the Finnish league.

He showed more balls than the majority of posters on here moving from Colombia to Finland at that age, and taking on the challenge, which has ultimately led to him to one of the biggest clubs around and known all over the world.

Can we do better for £30,000-£35,000 a week over a 3/4/5 year contract? I think so, Morelos is unlikely to get any better given the same issues have dogged him since day one, so I’m quite relaxed about the whole thing.

However, I do think FF should charge £5 a head for access on the day it’s announced that he’s signed for someone else because it is going to make for some legendary content.
It's hard to justify that kind of spend on the Morelos as other teams are able to sign players for reasonable wages who score a lot more goals in our league in weaker teams.

Last edited:

The day he leaves the scattergun will be out as to whose fault it is.

No. Guys like Goram and Gazza had issues with fitness and professionalism for sure. Could we hang our hat on them when it came to big games, delivering trophies and getting things over the line? Usually, yes. Also, when they caused issues they were transfer listed and one was sold. So by that logic they were dealt with.

Morelos came back overweight for the millionth time in a row this season and missed CL qualifiers. He also doesn't have anywhere near the same credit in the bank as heroes like Goram did.

I'll never understand the never ending excuses people where here will give to Morelos. From open goal misses to the most stupid yellow and red cards to him being evidently unfit you'll have a host of people on here claim it is all a myth and he is fine and everyone is out to get him, including our own support and management. Odd.
'Millionth time'? Morelos hasnt been here that long so your point is moot.
We get it. You don't like Morelos. Your right

It's hard to justify that kind of spend on the Morelos as other teams are able to sign players for reasonable wages who score a lot more goals in our league in weaker teams.

I mean, that's the argument. Does Morelos do enough to justify the sort of wage he's on right now or would expect with a new deal ? For me it's a hard no and he hasn't for a good 3 years now.

You can argue he's our best forward until the cows come home(and TBF he probably is) but that doesn't mean what he's giving us is value for money or is worth any more.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went elsewhere and tore it up to begin with. But he won't sustain it. He never does. He had a cracking 18 months when Stevie G arrived but even then there were peaks and troughs through it.

His time has come to a end unless he accepts a wage cut and he has the apatite MB will be best suited to make a call

I mean, that's the argument. Does Morelos do enough to justify the sort of wage he's on right now or would expect with a new deal ? For me it's a hard no and he hasn't for a good 3 years now.

You can argue he's our best forward until the cows come home(and TBF he probably is) but that doesn't mean what he's giving us is value for money or is worth any more.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went elsewhere and tore it up to begin with. But he won't sustain it. He never does. He had a cracking 18 months when Stevie G arrived but even then there were peaks and troughs through it.
3 years? You are taking the piss surely?

Yes, I thought after the first few seasons he would be a star for us and sold for big money.
I actually get really frustrated by him as he could have pushed on and done a lot more with the talent and ability he has.
I do think at times he's been harshly treated by Refs and Officials.
But I think now we have seen the best of him at Rangers.

3 years? You are taking the piss surely?

I'm all ears for which part of the last 3 years that Morelos has played better than he did in the first six months of the 2019/2020 season where he was ragdolling back fours on his tod and scoring 28 goals.

I'm all ears for which part of the last 3 years that Morelos has played better than he did in the first six months of the 2019/2020 season where he was ragdolling back fours on his tod and scoring 28 goals inside six months.
He helped us to 55 ans impoved our European performance year on year and helped us get to EL final but aye he's lost it.

Back