Morelos

Where does this come from as the few of them i know in work take the piss out of him and his record against them.

Goldson has scored the same number of goals versus them as Morelos, his misses versus them have been awful including maybe the worst miss ever in the 3-2 defeat at Ibrox in injury time.
Oh well, if you take your valuations of our players from your Filth mates in work then good for you.
I suggest that if Alfie isn't available for selection against them in the next fixture, they will be secretly pleased.
But maybe they won't tell you that.
Guess what, they hate him.

They enjoy him playing against them because he generally does the square root of hee haw.

Like it or not, the penalty in that game was important And should be focused on.

11 v 10, quick equaliser, momentum, likely result in a win.

Instead both him and captain shat the bed, trophy gone.
Oh ffsake, get over it, it has gone.
In my time I have seen a ton of missed penalties, it happens, ffsake I even missed one myself once. ;)

There were many games after that though and other players stepped up, that's what happens in football.
Are you trying to play down what's been achieved without him in the team?

If we continue as Morelos as our main striker we will never compete with them.
Where did I play down what the team achieved? I pointed out Morelos was a key part in our Europa League run right up until he got injured.

Where did I play down what the team achieved? I pointed out Morelos was a key part in our Europa League run right up until he got injured.
You seem to think we can't function without him we can and did we went further than we ever did and won a cup we have never won without him.

If he's so good why's he still here when he can be picked up for peanuts, good players get picked up pretty quickly from the SPFL?

You seem to think we can't function without him we can and did we went further than we ever did and won a cup we have never won without him.

If he's so good why's he still here when he can be picked up for peanuts?
Where did I say we can't function without him? I pointed out our OF results are better when he starts the games compared to when he doesn't.

Where did I say we can't function without him? I pointed out our OF results are better when he starts the games compared to when he doesn't.
We do fine without him like any game someone always steps up that's football.
As I said Sakala has been better than him against them as he has speed Morelos makes it easy for them.

If he starts scoring against Celtic and in the League Cup final and hopefully Scottish Cup final then the question of keeping him can be asked. Yet to show up in the big games in Scotland.
Scoring against the run of the mill is not enough.
Exactly this. Start scoring against the beggars and we can talk turkey.

Sad fact is he can't stay on the pitch for lack of fitness and trust in his discipline

If he starts scoring against Celtic and in the League Cup final and hopefully Scottish Cup final then the question of keeping him can be asked. Yet to show up in the big games in Scotland.
Scoring against the run of the mill is not enough.
Yes, he has to prove himself like all players the big games are against them and his record very poor, Colak is in the same position Morelos was he has to start scoring again.

We do fine without him like any game someone always steps up that's football.
As I said Sakala has been better than him against them as he has speed Morelos makes it easy for them.
Glad you've stopped putting words in my mouth.

Sakala plays a different position the same way Kent is better against them but having a striker who keeps the 2 defenders busy gives them the freedom and a lot more space in behind, Of course I'd rather Morelos scored more against them than he has but as I've said from the start our results against them are better when he's in the starting 11.

He’s not in our team for scoring goals?

Fucking hell, that really is a new one from the ‘absolutely insane defences of Morelos’ archive.

Actually laughed out loud at that one, it’s getting copied and pasted for a few group chats.
Is it aye. You've entirely missed the point.

No point in engaging with you if you think we have been playing with 1 striker.
Haha what? MB could not have been clearer that he plays with 1 centre forward and two free 10s. Just because Sakala is more or a forward than traditional 10 doesn't mean we are playing 2 up front.

Maybe we are getting bogged down with the terminology.

The formations have been as outlined previously. I agree when Sakala plays he is often looking to get in behind and plays quite high up, often level with the CF, but we aren't playing them as 2 out and out strikers.

Oh well, if you take your valuations of our players from your Filth mates in work then good for you.
I suggest that if Alfie isn't available for selection against them in the next fixture, they will be secretly pleased.
But maybe they won't tell you that.
Guess what, they hate him.

A few of the more reasonable and balanced Tims I know say the same. Even when he wasn’t scoring he was vital to how we set up against them and they were glad when he would miss an old firm game.

Difficult to see Morelos being allowed to leave this week with us fighting on two fronts in the cups and outside chance of getting back into title race. If he does leave this week, cant see us receiving much of a transfer fee and it would only save about £1m in wages which doesn’t move the needle I would hope to justify offloading him!

Where does this come from as the few of them i know in work take the piss out of him and his record against them.

Goldson has scored the same number of goals versus them as Morelos, his misses versus them have been awful including maybe the worst miss ever in the 3-2 defeat at Ibrox in injury time.
Just look at our record against them when Morelos starts. Lost 1 since 2019.

Glad you've stopped putting words in my mouth.

Sakala plays a different position the same way Kent is better against them but having a striker who keeps the 2 defenders busy gives them the freedom and a lot more space in behind, Of course I'd rather Morelos scored more against them than he has but as I've said from the start our results against them are better when he's in the starting 11.
I just don't see it with him eleven or twelve goals a season in the league and two goals in twenty-odd against them dooesn't do it enough for me.

“Andy Walker said…”

“Celtic supporters in my work said…”

Are we really using these people’s opinions now regarding our players?!! - Jesus %^*&!!
Why not you can see why they want him to stay if they had a striker than had done no damage against us Id be the same.
It's commonsense they don't want us to sign a striker who will get goals against them.

Last edited:
Why not you can see why they want him to stay if they had a striker than had done no damage against us Id be the same.
It's commonsense they don't want to sign a striker who will get goals against them.
If you genuinely believe Morelos has done no damage against them you haven’t been paying attention - our record against them is far better with him in the team it can’t be denied and I’m not sure why any Rangers fan would want to.

If you genuinely believe Morelos has done no damage against them you haven’t been paying attention - our record against them is far better with him in the team it can’t be denied and I’m not sure why any Rangers fan would want to.

Tell me how many games has he had against them and how many goals has he scored?
This aye but he runs about doesn't cut it if they are the main opposition you need to take points from.

What happened to the previous Morelos moniker did you troll too much?

Next your going to tell us your views on Morelos are balanced…..

They are.

He is a very good player when he's on his day. A handful for any defence and one of the best strikers we've had in the last 20 years. Absolutely loved him at his peak.

He's also been a liability at times with his professionalism and disciplinary. This season, until recently, he's been a disgrace with the condition he's in.

Balanced?

Or are you going to tell us that none of it is his fault again?

Tell me how many games has he had against them and how many goals has he scored?
This aye but he runs about doesn't cut it if they are the main opposition you need to take points from.

You’re using Andy Walker as part of your argument and accusing others of trolling LOL

You’re using Andy Walker as part of your argument and accusing others of trolling LOL
It's a legitimate argument why would a scum fan in Walker want a striker who scores against them regularly?
Trolling what you do and continue to do under this new monicker.

Do the support who champion Morelos time and time again as he lets us down not want us to improve and sign a striker who can actually score regularly against them?

Conversely, since Gerrard came in, how many games has Morelos played against them and from that total how many of those have we lost? Are you saying, with the results proving otherwise, that we won those games despite Morelos being in the team and not contributing to the outcome?

Yeah, I agree, he could and probably should have more goals against them than he does. To say he doesn't have a positive impact when he plays against them though, you clearly have no time whatsoever for him and can't give him any credit at all, is a million miles wide of the mark. As per, it's somewhere in between.

They are.

He is a very good player when he's on his day. A handful for any defence and one of the best strikers we've had in the last 20 years. Absolutely loved him at his peak.

He's also been a liability at times with his professionalism and disciplinary. This season, until recently, he's been a disgrace with the condition he's in.

Balanced?

Or are you going to tell us that none of it is his fault again?
Of course they are….

Conversely, since Gerrard came in, how many games has Morelos played against them and from that total how many of those have we lost? Are you saying, with the results proving otherwise, that we won those games despite Morelos being in the team and not contributing to the outcome?

Yeah, I agree, he could and probably should have more goals against them than he does. To say he doesn't have a positive impact when he plays against them though, you clearly have no time whatsoever for him and can't give him any credit at all, is a million miles wide of the mark. As per, it's somewhere in between.
Morelos is a striker like Colak he will be judged on goals our main challengers are them so commonsense tells you we need a striker who can score against them.

We have to improve Morelos misses far too many chances it's that simple.

You can read my posts if Morelos plays well I do say that he plays well.

Morelos is a striker like Colak he will be judged on goals our main challengers are them so commonsense tells you we need a striker who can score against them.

We have to improve Morelos misses far too many chances it's that simple.
It's not really that simple though, is it? Long gone are the days a striker is judged purely on their goals. Boyd didn't play in Europe or against them unless it was an absolute emergency and he was our most clinical goalscorer since super. Colak is very similar to him, a penalty box predator who needs it put on a plate but doesn't do much outside of that. Roofe isn't a number 9 and when he led the line against them he was less than useless despite being, imo, the best of the 3 all round. Morelos starts vs them as he occupies a full back 4 when he is at his best. It frees up the rest of the team behind him and if he doesn't get the winner so what? It's the result that matters, not who scored the goal.

It's not really that simple though, is it? Long gone are the days a striker is judged purely on their goals. Boyd didn't play in Europe or against them unless it was an absolute emergency and he was our most clinical goalscorer since super. Colak is very similar to him, a penalty box predator who needs it put on a plate but doesn't do much outside of that. Roofe isn't a number 9 and when he led the line against them he was less than useless despite being, imo, the best of the 3 all round. Morelos starts vs them as he occupies a full back 4 when he is at his best. It frees up the rest of the team behind him and if he doesn't get the winner so what? It's the result that matters, not who scored the goal.
Yes, it is that simple, Colak also got us to the Champions League so how do you figure he and Boyd are similar considering the work outside the box he did against PSV?
Now Roofe is not good yet he was our top goalscorer when we won 55.
It's been a while since Morelos can occupy a back four.
We need a striker who they fear and who can score against them that's why Beale will sign one in the summer.
Why are supporters scared to move forward?

It’s a myth on here.

mentally challengeds I know in work and at 5’s don’t fear him at all and are actively hoping he stays with us.

2 goals in what must be 19 games at least? He may even have more red cards against them than goals. He’s got at least 2 anyway that I can think of.

I have said this at least ten times on here I thought Morelos was going to be a real star for us as he has the ability and at one time he had the right attitude, I thought we would easily make 20 million for him.
Players who clearly have the talent and they do not make the most of it always frustrate you the most.

We put them out the semi final only last season without him

We lost the LCF to them in 2019 where he missed a penalty and many many good chances

We lost 2-1 at Parkhead to them in March 2019 when Brown done him and he got a straight red after about half an hour.

We beat them 2-0 at Ibrox in 2019 without Morelos.

He’s played mostly during recent seasons against them and we went through a spell of 7 games IIRC without defeat against them. Gerrard had put the fear into them.

But 2 goals for Morelos in what, minimum 20 games perhaps, is an utterly awful record for a Rangers lone striker. To put that into perspective, Goldson has the same number as that with far fewer chances, and he’s a centre half.

Rumours from Turkey are a cast iron guarantee that Alfie stays (has there ever been a true rumor from Turkey concerning Rangers?)

An on form Morelos is a fantastic player he dose not score enough goals and has never had a full season on form he's gave us some great memories but I think it may be time to go for someone new, I don't know who but he's not fully invested in us.

Yes, it is that simple, Colak also got us to the Champions League so how do you figure he and Boyd are similar considering the work outside the box he did against PSV?
Now Roofe is not good yet he was our top goalscorer when we won 55.
It's been a while since Morelos can occupy a back four.
We need a striker who they fear and who can score against them that's why Beale will sign one in the summer.
Why are supporters scared to move forward?
I'm not scared of moving forward. Right this minute, Morelos is the best we have and first pick against them in that position. I said Roofe, all round, was the best of the 3 but he isn't a sole number 9, he needs someone to play off and plays best when that player is you know who. Yes, Colak tapped into an empty net against PSV after great work from Tillman, brilliant. Loved him for being in the right place when he should've been. How has he fared when he's been on the pitch versus them which is your entire argument? How many goals has he scored against them? Woefully, truth be told, and I really like and rate him as a finisher. How many has Roofe scored against them without Morelos in the team creating the space for him? Nada. That's what you point blank refuse to appreciate. A forward doesn't necessarily have to score the goals in the biggest games.

The last game against them Vickers bullied Morelos in the first half. He spent more time on the ground begging for non existent fouls and trying his best to get booked.

We ended up drawing the game despite Morelos doing nothing in it, other than being a huge hand in their opening goal and missing two good header chances.

That draw will of course make it look as though Morelos contributed positively to that result going by some of the logic in this thread above all because he started.

I'm not scared of moving forward. Right this minute, Morelos is the best we have and first pick against them in that position. I said Roofe, all round, was the best of the 3 but he isn't a sole number 9, he needs someone to play off and plays best when that player is you know who. Yes, Colak tapped into an empty net against PSV after great work from Tillman, brilliant. Loved him for being in the right place when he should've been. How has he fared when he's been on the pitch versus them which is your entire argument? How many goals has he scored against them? Woefully, truth be told, and I really like and rate him as a finisher. How many has Roofe scored against them without Morelos in the team creating the space for him? Nada. That's what you point blank refuse to appreciate. A forward doesn't necessarily have to score the goals in the biggest games.
You are really doing Colak a disservice and I suggest you watch the games again when he scored to see who chased the initial ball first outwide.
Simply saying Colak plays like Boyd is total nonsense.
Morelos does not score enough against them and he's our main striker that's why it has to change.

We will only start winning games against them when we are able to outscore them and for that we need better forwards.

Back