Morelos

The last game against them Vickers bullied Morelos in the first half. He spent more time on the ground begging for non existent fouls and trying his best to get booked.

We ended up drawing the game despite Morelos doing nothing in it, other than being a huge hand in their opening goal and missing two good header chances.

That draw will of course make it look as though Morelos contributed positively to that result going by some of the logic in this thread above all because he started.
Don't disagree with you but he wasn't exactly fit, was he? Beale admitted as much by saying he was playing games when lesser players would stick their feet up. Arguably he still isn't fully fit but he's getting there. Which of the 3 do you start as the 9 at Parkhead if all 3 are fit and good to go? Alfie all day long, it's not even close.

An on form Morelos is a fantastic player he dose not score enough goals and has never had a full season on form he's gave us some great memories but I think it may be time to go for someone new, I don't know who but he's not fully invested in us.
Morelos has done great things in Europe no one can deny that the problem he seems to have now is he's caught up between being a midfielder and a striker.
He did originally start his career if I'm right more in midfield?

Don't disagree with you but he wasn't exactly fit, was he? Beale admitted as much by saying he was playing games when lesser players would stick their feet up. Arguably he still isn't fully fit but he's getting there. Which of the 3 do you start as the 9 at Parkhead if all 3 are fit and good to go? Alfie all day long, it's not even close.
And why wasn’t he fit, in January, to play a full game not blowing out his arse?

And don’t waste your breath by claiming it’s Gio’s fault. One player chose to have a good summer and returned to pre season with a belly.

We put them out the semi final only last season without him

We lost the LCF to them in 2019 where he missed a penalty and many many good chances

We lost 2-1 at Parkhead to them in March 2019 when Brown done him and he got a straight red after about half an hour.

We beat them 2-0 at Ibrox in 2019 without Morelos.

He’s played mostly during recent seasons against them and we went through a spell of 7 games IIRC without defeat against them. Gerrard had put the fear into them.

But 2 goals for Morelos in what, minimum 20 games perhaps, is an utterly awful record for a Rangers lone striker. To put that into perspective, Goldson has the same number as that with far fewer chances, and he’s a centre half.
So we haven't beat them in the league since 2019 without Morelos starting, I'm not saying he's perfect but surely you have to admit he has an effect on the OF games?

So we haven't beat them in the league since 2019 without Morelos starting, I'm not saying he's perfect but surely you have to admit he has an effect on the OF games?
You are clutching at straws now, we should expect our main striker to score against them with the number of times he has played against them.
In the league, it's going to come down to us against them so we need a striker who they fear playing against as he scores regularly and we pick up points.

You are clutching at straws now, we should expect our main striker to score against them with the number of times he has played against them.
In the league, it's going to come down to us against them so we need a striker who they fear playing against as he scores regularly and we pick up points.
I'm not clutching at straws at all it's what I've been saying all day, he clearly has an effect on the games

Who would start as the striker for the final ?

And why wasn’t he fit, in January, to play a full game?

And don’t waste your breath by claiming it’s Gio’s fault. One player chose to have a good summer and returned to pre season with a belly.
That's laughable tbh, especially given the shift the last year your username put in for us but you will no doubt defend that to the death and say he was genuinely injured etc when we all know he wasn't as bad as made out, which is what you are insinuating here. He didn't do preseason, not fully or from the start anyway, as he still hadn't recovered from the thigh injury from the end of last season and according to Beale still had ongoing issues he was playing through once he came back in. He will 100% go the way of the original Ronaldo and Schneider as soon as he stops training, so not denying he's heavy after a layoff. He came back heavy, late into preseason, never got rid of it and it's not until Beale arrived that he now looks like his old self in flashes. Same, minus the weight issue, could be said for Kent and a few others. If you don't see a link there then that's more on you than anyone else. Do I see him here at the start of next season? No, thanks for the memories. Is he the best we have for the rest of this season? Yes. Simple as that really.

I'm not clutching at straws at all it's what I've been saying all day, he clearly has an effect on the games

Who would start as the striker for the final ?
I would start Morelos currently as he's the fittest striker and I would play Roofe if fit on the right side of him but it's really Sakalas shirt to lose.
Colak not been fit changes who I'd pick.

It's not a case of not picking Morelos now, for me next season I want to see another striker with Colak and Roofe.

Sakala will trouble them as he has the pace that's what we need to beat them.

I have to be completely honest and say I can’t think of a game other than the 2-1 win at Parkhead in 2019, where I recall Morelos being superb and unplayable. That day he was but in true Morelos style, instead of scoring at the end, got himself sent off with a pointless dive.

Other than that game, no others stand out for me as him being superb or unplayable. Infact I’d say multiple misses in multiple games stand out more tbh

That's laughable tbh, especially given the shift the last year your username put in for us but you will no doubt defend that to the death and say he was genuinely injured etc when we all know he wasn't as bad as made out, which is what you are insinuating here. He didn't do preseason, not fully or from the start anyway, as he still hadn't recovered from the thigh injury from the end of last season and according to Beale still had ongoing issues he was playing through once he came back in. He will 100% go the way of the original Ronaldo and Schneider as soon as he stops training, so not denying he's heavy after a layoff. He came back heavy, late into preseason, never got rid of it and it's not until Beale arrived that he now looks like his old self in flashes. Same, minus the weight issue, could be said for Kent and a few others. If you don't see a link there then that's more on you than anyone else. Do I see him here at the start of next season? No, thanks for the memories. Is he the best we have for the rest of this season? Yes. Simple as that really.
Ah more blame to everyone else except Morelos. To even compare his professionalism with Laudrup is a new low.

Here’s a fact. Only one Rangers player returned to pre season with a belly so much so, his condition shocked the staff. That was Morelos.

No other player returned in a poor state.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Ah more blame to everyone else except Morelos. To even compare his professionalism with Laudrup is a new low.

Here’s a fact. Only one Rangers player returned to pre season with a belly so much so, his condition shocked the staff. That was Morelos.

No other player returned in a poor state.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Eh? He was still injured at the start of preseason. He could've been 25 stone, still doesn't change the fact he finished last season injured and returned this season still injured. You seem to be using that as a stick to beat him with. First time that's happened in his entire time at the club and it, along with how long it has taken him to get back into some of shape after, has shown both in his performances and the teams in his absence. Laudrup was, like many others I'd imagine, an absolute hero of mine but if you want to polish the turd regarding his last season with us and his professionalism etc then I'm not alone in the embarrassment stakes as he chucked it and was only concerned with saving himself for what was next. Beale has repeatedly said he's been playing when he really shouldn't have been. I'm not saying it, the manager is.

Eh? He was still injured at the start of preseason. He could've been 25 stone, still doesn't change the fact he finished last season injured and returned this season still injured. You seem to be using that as a stick to beat him with. First time that's happened in his entire time at the club and it, along with how long it has taken him to get back into some of shape after, has shown both in his performances and the teams in his absence. Laudrup was, like many others I'd imagine, an absolute hero of mine but if you want to polish the turd regarding his last season with us and his professionalism etc then I'm not alone in the embarrassment stakes as he chucked it and was only concerned with saving himself for what was next. Beale has repeatedly said he's been playing when he really shouldn't have been. I'm not saying it, the manager is.
Hagi has been out for double the length of time Morelos was.

Hagi kept himself in shape by maintaining professionalism. As did Goldson for a more recent example.

My gripe is Morelos could have returned to the club in the summer in good condition by no piling on the weight during the holidays by clearly eating and drinking aplenty.

That lack of professionalism is why we’re in February and he’s still not in peak physical condition. It’s embarrassing ffs. Greg Taylor even called him fatboy, an absolute no mark making headlines for calling out striker a fatty. Embarrassing.

Watched the “All About the Gers” podcast, Charlie Miller was saying that Alfie is linked with a move to Turkey and their transfer window is still open so could go now?

Watched the “All About the Gers” podcast, Charlie Miller was saying that Alfie is linked with a move to Turkey and their transfer window is still open so could go now?

I'd be surprised if any transfer activity was happening in Turkey right now...think they've got more pressing issues at hand.

Oh well, if you take your valuations of our players from your Filth mates in work then good for you.
I suggest that if Alfie isn't available for selection against them in the next fixture, they will be secretly pleased.
But maybe they won't tell you that.
Guess what, they hate him.
i asked where did you get your opinion from that they dont like him playing against them but you respond with this, i think you're making it up they dont like him playing against them.

I have to be completely honest and say I can’t think of a game other than the 2-1 win at Parkhead in 2019, where I recall Morelos being superb and unplayable. That day he was but in true Morelos style, instead of scoring at the end, got himself sent off with a pointless dive.

Other than that game, no others stand out for me as him being superb or unplayable. Infact I’d say multiple misses in multiple games stand out more tbh
Did he not get a player sent off at Ibrox in the 55 season? A clown at them went through him on their left back area :shh:

Yes, He's been linked by the papers and a twitter account as a poster rightly said transfer business will be the last thing on the Turkish people's minds.

a bit binary the debate above likely due to the reference to him not being in the team to score goals but I assume that’s not literally the point that was intended.

At end of the day, a fit Morelos offers more than both Colak and Roofe for me. Even when not scoring, He was still excellent at getting in faces and giving the opponents defence a hard time. We’ll miss this element of his game if he goes as well as his goals and for Now he would still be my starter.

I hope we keep him and he refunds his form (and sorts any lingering attitude issues) but I suspect he may already have made up His mind judging by Beale’s recent comments on new contracts etc.

What are you on about? This is a guy in a league cup final who put his own personal agenda against them above the good of team.

He took a penalty as an easy chance to score against them and buckled under the pressure.

Dont get me started on the captain as he should’ve done what captains do and as the captain and penalty taker should’ve told Morelos he wasn’t getting it.

Bottom line his record agains them is horrendous.
You might not remember this but Tavernier’s penalty record at the time wasn’t good.
Many, many supporters wanted him removed as penalty taker.
Then, when he was removed, complained that he should have taken the one in the final.

i asked where did you get your opinion from that they dont like him playing against them but you respond with this, i think you're making it up they dont like him playing against them.
If Morelos wasn't a decent player I doubt he would be hated by them, but that's my opinion. I admit I don't spend the time with Filth fans that you do.
But I would advise you to be careful about believing what they tell you.
However, I also doubt you will take my advice, you are already both feet in.

You might not remember this but Tavernier’s penalty record at the time wasn’t good.
Many, many supporters wanted him removed as penalty taker.
Then, when he was removed, complained that he should have taken the one in the final.
His record wasn't bad, he had simply missed a couple in the lead up to that final.

A lot of fans always want a striker hitting a penalty and that just drove that rhetoric and put a lot of pressure on which in my opinion led to the change. If Tav had stepped up in that final I guarantee you there would have been so many groans from the fans at Hampden all because he had missed a couple. It's the same now, if he misses one then the chat becomes who should take the penalty.

His record wasn't bad, he had simply missed a couple in the lead up to that final.

A lot of fans always want a striker hitting a penalty and that just drove that rhetoric and put a lot of pressure on which in my opinion led to the change. If Tav had stepped up in that final I guarantee you there would have been so many groans from the fans at Hampden all because he had missed a couple. It's the same now, if he misses one then the chat becomes who should take the penalty.
Only took one miss this season!

Correct mate, as I've been saying results speak for themselves when he starts the games against them compared to when he doesn't
A poster mentioned that Vickers bullied Morelos in last seasons game.
Two things here.
Firstly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Morelos bullied.
Secondly, if the Vickers one is correct, he’d need to have really played to do so.
That in itself should have created the space for others.

Two things here.
Secondly, if the Vickers one is correct, he’d need to have really played to do so.

Morelos only played against them in the 1.0
Ibrox match last season.

Did Vickers play in that match ? I didn’t think so.

The Turkey move THIS WEEK is likely nonsense to fill slow news days but if a Club somewhere with an open Transfer Window bid I'd take it.

He's going in the Summer and while it's useful to have him about just now we have a lot of attacking options now and he's long lost his indispensable status.

If Morelos wasn't a decent player I doubt he would be hated by them, but that's my opinion. I admit I don't spend the time with Filth fans that you do.
But I would advise you to be careful about believing what they tell you.
However, I also doubt you will take my advice, you are already both feet in.
I suspect they may hate him due to multiple sending offs and in at least 1 game at Ibrox he should also have been sent off if honest, as he had a kick at Brown in the baws then stood on Ralston on the deck.

I never rated Lennon as a player but I still hated him due to his antics.

Just a thought.

Two things here.
Morelos was bullied by SPL diddy defenders last season under Gerrard when he was in his “couldn’t be arsed” spell. Even some of his biggest defenders on here couldn’t believe how poor he was to the extent diddy defenders were pushing him off the ball.

Vickers could have had the deckchair out in the first half at Ibrox due to how ineffective Morelos was.

As for the final, I suspect their defence would rather face Morelos than Roofe given Roofe has unreal movement and is far more clinical with chances.

I’m led to believe the Turkish mob have been in touch with his agent & not the club yet.

I don’t think there’s any point in selling him right now unless it’s north of 5M. I would rather keep him and win both cups and let him go for free in the summer. Great player / he will be missed when he goes.

I suspect they may hate him due to multiple sending offs and in at least 1 game at Ibrox he should also have been sent off if honest, as he had a kick at Brown in the baws then stood on Ralston on the deck.

I never rated Lennon as a player but I still hated him due to his antics.

Just a thought.
It must break your heart every time the lad scores for Rangers.

Morelos was bullied by SPL diddy defenders last season under Gerrard when he was in his “couldn’t be arsed” spell. Even some of his biggest defenders on here couldn’t believe how poor he was to the extent diddy defenders were pushing him off the ball.

Vickers could have had the deckchair out in the first half at Ibrox due to how ineffective Morelos was.

As for the final, I suspect their defence would rather face Morelos than Roofe given Roofe has unreal movement and is far more clinical with chances.
What game was that?
By the way, I don’t recall your first line at all.
Under Gerrard?

What game was that?
By the way, I don’t recall your first line at all.
Under Gerrard?
Vickers last month at Ibrox, 2-2 game. Morelos spent the first half on his arse begging for fouls or trying to get himself booked. Vickers barely broke sweat.

Yes, under Gerrard last season when the manager twice called him out publicly for not doing enough or scoring enough. His performances were abysmal pre Gio. He made some SPL jobbers look like Baresi at times.

I hope Morelos has a strong final few months, helps us win a couple of cups and leaves the club with his head held high.

A really important player when he’s on his game but it will shortly be time to move on

If he starts scoring against Celtic and in the League Cup final and hopefully Scottish Cup final then the question of keeping him can be asked. Yet to show up in the big games in Scotland.
Scoring against the run of the mill is not enough.
I think it’s time for him to go but you’ve posted a lot of mince. Consistently our best player in games against them during a period where they didn’t beat us for two years and the clubs record European goal scorer.

For 1m we have had a remarkable return from him but to lose him for nothing now would still feel like a kick in the teeth.

I'd like him to stay and regain fitness and form that would increase his value but has he shown that he deserves an increase on salary, I don't believe he has. So on that sense he will probably move on for nothing.

Back