Most intense rangers moment as a bear?

Gazza run towards their box for his second in the sheep 8iar game. Was sure he would be taken down and he just kept going and going

The relief and sheer joy as he scored was incredible

For intensity, of emotion at least, I've got to say it's a negative one for me.

The day we played the filth and had the minutes silence for the disaster and they coughed and spluttered their way through the whole thing. That is the most intense feeling of hatred and disgust I've felt following Rangers. I was in the corner with the Blue Order and was close enough to see the individuals responsible. It was all I could do to stop myself from charging the police line.

An utterly despicable act in a litany of disgusting behaviour from a completely rotten organisation.

I'd say I have 3 that are hard to separate: Helicopter Sunday at Easter Road, winning the title in 1975 at Easter Road and the Fiorentina penalty shoot out. I don't think I need to explain the reasons for each, they're kind of obvious.

On reflection, I'd probably list them in that order.

The NIAR game at Tannadice misses out because, quite frankly, I thought we'd go on and win several more-in-a-row. Barcelona misses out because it came at a time when I thought another European final was just around the corner anyway.:oops: Manchester 2008 was one of the most enjoyable days of my life - until the first goal.

Time stopped for me when Novo started his run up.

It’s probably the best feeling I’ve ever felt, outside the usual family stuff.

What a truly unbelievable moment.

At half time in the Lyon away (3-0) game my wife seduced me.

I could still hear the commentary from the Living Room as I was banging away.

Big Dan the Man scored and I jumped off the bones and ran through to see the goal in the skud.

Quick glory lap roon the Living Room then back to finish the job. That was as intense as it gets. Big Dans goal was a better feeling...:oops: :D

Last edited:
Time stopped for me when Novo started his run up.

It’s probably the best feeling I’ve ever felt, outside the usual family stuff.

What a truly unbelievable moment.

It’s this all day long.

On a separate note for a game not involving us would be the tims at Inverness in that rescheduled game as thy looked set to drop points going 2-0 down so quickly. Then came back and it was like the Alamo at the end. Literally kicked every ball for Inverness myself from the sofa.

Semi final vs Fiorentina was unbeatable for me with the Dunfermline 6-1 and Hivs 1-0 Helicopter Sunday up there.
Great times would love to relive them.

Tam Forsyth’s glorious goal when I attended my first match against the unmentionables! Hampden terracing dust everywhere! Most unbelievable noise!

The Dunfermline game. It was 90 min of back and forth and very fine margins.

One of my dads mates just couldn’t get to grips with what each result meant and kept asking if we were top or not

Sitting at Ibrox during the 6-1 victory against Dunfermline was intense as I had no idea how their game was really going just info from the people around me and it seemed they were scoring a good few, also the Fiorentina penalty shoot out that was crazy especially after missing our first pen.

If i had been at Easter Road for helicopter Sunday I think that could have topped it all, watching on the TV in the pub where both games were on, after Motherwell scored I hadn't stopped celebrating and it was 2-1 :) so I never got a chance to get to nervous, that said this was one of the best days of my life

I was born in 98' and some of these I have watched on youtube and look nuts but for me the penalty against the italians was the best.

I was 10 and my dad was throwing beer about the living room both of us stripped down and running about.

Even the dog was jumping about,

That feeling was one I never ever had with a game of football, can't imagine what it would have been like in italy that night for the travelling bears

I would say Fiorentina penalty shoot out, it was also a very emotional moment as well for me as well due to losing my Dad a few months earlier, he would of been looking down as proud as punch on what the boys did that night, boy was my arse popping buttons :eek:

Arteta's penalty against Dunfermline :eek:

Sitting in the govan east corner it was undoubtedly one of the best moments I've experienced

Listening to the ECWC Final on radio in a youth club. The game was still going when the club closed & we couldn't get a reception outside...Nightmare!

The minutes after McDonald equalised on Helicopter Sunday. It had been a fairly subdued day. I couldn’t get a ticket for Easter Road so had a few of the boys over. With those bastards only leading 1-0 we decided to switch over, about 30 seconds before Motherwell scored.

Incredible feeling but immediately felt sick as I just knew they would go up the park and score again. I ended up hiding out in the garden :D

Novo's penalty for me too, and also McGregor's penalty save against Samaras.

Agree about Novo's penalty. Couldn’t believe we’d reached the final after so many years without one.

Was in a bar in Spain for Shaggers save. Mainly bears but one or two non Scottish tramp Supporters in the bar. As shagger saved, I jumped about so much I knocked a table of Tims table over and spilled their beers. They could see by the deranged look on my face not to make anything of it. :D The three of them just got up and left. LOL

Good memories. Haha

Pacing up and down the living room during the Fiorentina shootout heart pounding , f*ck knows how the players felt :confused:

Novos goal definitely takes it. While on the opposite side the cup final loss to Hibs is the downer.

Helicopter Sunday would not come into the intense category for me, it just went from beating Hibs to Euphoria in the stand, no waiting nothing just an explosion of Euphoria (twice).
Every penalty we get is intense, but Novo’s well that up there as the best.
Other winners are spontaneous.
Waiting on the final whistle in Barcelona now that was intense as fans thought it had gone on more than one occasion.

Beating them on penalties was incredible. The atmosphere was amazing the whole game but when they missed that last penalty, the place was just wild.

Holding on to the lead in Bremen was terrifying too.

I was so nervous about Walter's last game. About half an hour before the game I was completely bricking it at the prospect of us bottling it and giving treacle teeth a way back into it after they spaffed it in the highlands.

Sufficed to say, that changed rather quickly and I had a wonderful afternoon.

After Fergusons missed first penalty, my Mother was upstairs hiding in her bedroom, my old man had went out a "walk" (one of many walks watching Rangers), my mother shouted after I told her Ferguson missed "Agh dont want to know' In her Denistoun finest voice. So when we win, i don't make a noise, I walk to the hallway and shout "thats it, i'm away, to MANCHESTER", then I fainted!

Lovenkrands Cup Final was special as my old man went to pick my sister up from work and my mum and I were in living room watching when Boom, next minute the builder building the extension in the neighbous opposite stopped and laughed when he heard the roar and me jumping my mum!

One other random moment of joy was Juanjo scoring against them on a Sunday afternoon in winter time to win 2-1.

Easter road preying for a miracle getting it sheer joy and disbelief all around did it really happen and of course nacho penalty

It’s this all day long.

On a separate note for a game not involving us would be the tims at Inverness in that rescheduled game as thy looked set to drop points going 2-0 down so quickly. Then came back and it was like the Alamo at the end. Literally kicked every ball for Inverness myself from the sofa.

I remember that Inverness game. Horrendous

The penalties in Florence were unbearable. I can't watch our penalties in regular games like Tav v Motherwell on Sunday so you can imagine the state I was in, I honestly thought I was in danger of blacking out, heart felt like it was going to break my ribs. I was in such a mess I didn't even realise Nacho's kick was the winner until I realised everyone else was still jumping and screaming a few seconds later :oops:

Games attended:
1. Helicopter Sunday
2. Full game of SC semi-final 92/93 against them with 10 men, McCoist 1-0 - intense feeling of fear we’d get cuffed to euphoria! What a feeling as a 14 yr old!
3. Lovenkrands Final
4. Winning against Hibs 4-3 at Easter Rd after being 3–1 down - Albertz winner.
5. Arveladze overhead toe poke against FC Copenhagen to put us in CL
6. Any win against them!
7. Coming back from 2-0 down against Marseille
8.Parma at Ibrox 2-0.
9. Dunfermline last day of season win
10. Rugby Park last day win 3-0 up in 10 mins!
11. 9IAR win at Tannadice

Not Attended:
1. Novo pen in Florence - Skint at the time!
2. McCoist overhead kick in the LC final against Hibs at glitterdome - Had a bad vomiting bug and had to give away my tkt.

Got so many great memories of going to watch Rangers and feelings of joy that I’d be here all day trying to write them down!
These are just mine from the top of my head!

I LOVE BEING A GER!:)

Also won of the best moments I have watched on TV without alcohol would have to be when Our man Davis rolled a ball 20 yards to Mendes and watch that smelly rat dive across the goal. that 4-2 game was sensational

3-0 game at Porkheid when we won the league there!
When big Jorge rattled that penalty in - sheer relief as that was it!
The rest of that game was comedy gold!
FFS I forgot about that one. Absolute class! I remember the bedlam in the stadium after wee McCann scored - that was intense and so was the party afterwards!

Back