Most random football top you've owned

Junior

I remember When I was about 10 or 11 going into the wee shop upstairs in the forge and buying a Grimsby Town top , I have no idea why , probably because it was cheap as chips ! What's the most random top you've owned ?

Dundee circa 1981 - Navy blue Umbro. red line down sleeves with white Umbro diamonds.

I was living in Kilmarnock and there used to be a sports shop that sold slight seconds for £2.99

Probably the Chinese team we were connected with.

Reason for owning it not too obscure, but the team certainly is.

Remeber being in Cyprus early 90s went into a local shop and bought some Cypriot teams (at least i think they were Cypriot) never found out the name of the team, orange and white vertical stripes loved that top good quality as well.

Strasbourg

5ff35d37456ecd5235c5c9567d50038b--soccer-shirts-strasbourg.jpg

I had a QPR shirt in the late 80s for no other reason than the wee sports shop near where I live had it reduced to £10. My brother had a Napoli shirt for the same reason

Southampton circa 83.

Mate's old man was Fergies best mate and he'd given him two tops for his boys (Fergie had two sons about same age so perhaps the sheep played them pre season and they gave him as a gift and they didn't want them either?!?) and my pals older brother gave me his

Southampton circa 83.

Mate's old man was Fergies best mate and he'd given him two tops for his boys (Fergie had two sons about same age so perhaps the sheep played them pre season and they gave him as a gift and they didn't want them either?!?) and my pals older brother gave me his

Was that the Rank Xerox top? I had that one.

My old man bought me a Crystal Palace top.
It was white and had a red and blue diagonal stripe.

He said he bought it due to the colours.

No shit dad !!!

a Chivas one - may need to look it out again if we do go for the tie-in with them :D

I once wore a Liverpool away shirt, which was yellow I may add, to a semi final V the Mutants. McCoist and Laudrup got our goals.

My auld man has always had a.soft spot for them, so having the top itself isn't that obscure. Wearing it to one of our games certainly is.

22 years and I still can't work out what I was doing.

Fenerbahce, used to work in a kebaber as a student and the owner supported them so he got me a shirt and I got him a Rangers one.

I bought a Chicago Fire top off ebay years ago, no idea why just liked the look of it...

My son has El Hadgi Diuof's top from the championship day at Killi. He gave it to him after the game.
At the time, I tried to persuade him to give it to RusselNash for auctioning but try explaining that to a youngster.
Now the top fits him like a treat but he refuses to wear it.

I had a Goa fc top that I bought on holiday , it would have fitted Pavarotti but it was the only size they had and I was pished so I bought it anyway.

Chicago Stings top - Made by Admiral if I remember correctly - first real top I had with a collar

I've got an U21 Czech Republic top. They were in the hotel we were staying and had just finished a team talk in a meeting room. I looked in the room afterwards and someone had left a top. I acquired it!

I was given a Newcastle top from the early 90s. The sponsor was a giant star with the Tyne bridge on it. Obviously Newcastle Brown Ale.

9b740b99751532e54eac04af20042e59--classic-football-shirts-asics.jpg

Was in Salou with my parents in 1998 and bought the Athleic Bilbao centenary top. I remember walking around and all the Spaniards were staring at me. Not sure if there's a bit of history with Bilbao and other clubs in Spain.

13z07j8.jpg[\IMG]

A Boca Juniors training top. My mate bought it for himself and then didn't want it so he gave it to me.

A Scotland goalkeeper training top from the 90's, was weird, it was like a yellow top with thin purple lines down it

When I was a kid my dad would buy me all sorts of tops from wherever he was working and my gran got me a few random ones from a stall in Blackpool!

Loved it back in the day but wouldn't be seen dead in many of them these days.

None were ever green though and the only random Scottish team was hearts. Most were top division English clubs

Real Mallorca when they were half decent. Someone later knocked it off my washing line, never saw it again.

Shenzhen Jianliabo.
I've never wore it cos it's far too big but any excuse to buy an orange shirt with the Rangers crest on it ;)

Portsmouth away from the late 70's , seen it in Lumley's and bought it simply because it was red, white and blue.

Slightly off topic in the early Souness years the pub I drank in had a no football colours rule so we all had St Helens Rugny league tops who happened to be sponsored by McEwans Lager and were white and blue.

When at uni we would buy the cheapest shirts from Sports Direct for our 5s team. Bolton's 09/10 yellow 3rd top, and a Wales Kappa home top, were definitely the two most random!

Once got a West Brom shirt for a Christmas or birthday present. Even to this day don't see the logic as to why I got it but it was quite a nice top so I wore it quite a bit. Maybe from around 98-99, it had a hawthorn on the collar.

Kaiserslauten centenary away top. Black with white left sleeve. Actually out with Rangers probably one of my favourite tops.

Back