Motherwell cut away fans allocation

Our club should just rip the piss.

I think the South Stand holds what 3000-5000?

Kids tickets are £3 at Motherwell. We should give half of the South Stand to kids on the CCCS, that would be funny.

I was working with one of them couple of weeks ago and he was waffling about going to fir park for games against us and the goblins, he was of the impression that it made more sense to have less off ours and the goblin support and make room for more of their own fans, I laughed and said what fans.

Scottish football is off it’s head.They can’t sell out the 2 stands they have for home fans the now.Knocking back money its mental and terrible business.

Hahahaha. You’re right. We’ve absolutely lost the place up here.

Clubs now hate us so much they’d rather lose money than have our fans boost their coffers.

Seriously. The whole place has gone fucking mental. It’s madness. :D

They are doing a promotion next season where any adult or senior ST holder can bring two kids along to the games for free, so in this instance I think that’s actually a good initiative from them.

Presumably that’s why they think they need the extra seats.

That scheme has been on the go for a while now, it’s not new for next season. It’s over 60s it applies to not all season ticket holders.

They are doing a promotion next season where any adult or senior ST holder can bring two kids along to the games for free, so in this instance I think that’s actually a good initiative from them.

Aye cause they will sell out

Didn't they try something similar in the John Boyle era? (with limited success)

We might call them but they are encouraging their next generation of fans while we stagnate because there is no room at Ibrox bring on our next generations of fans this is why we need to expand Ibrox to get and encourage the next generations of our fans.

In the long run this is the correct move for them. They NEED to get the next generation interested in their club. The season ticket promotion is a good incentive.

Giving seats to reliable away fans is a short sighted money grab and won't do anything for their long term growth. They've done it for too long now and paying the price.

these people need to realise all this posturing and acting big is just causing them grief and finance, time for these cretins to wisen up and just accept that they are teams with relatively poor supports and just embrace bigger teams supporters for what they bring to their clubs by going to their grounds in large numbers,,its all well and good being principled and hoping your own team will take up the slack, the truth is, invariably they won't and you all will pay a heavy cost,, stupidity shows no signs of abating in scottish football

And another thing

Motherwell: why dont you choose to televise matches at fir park anymore?

Sky: because there’s no ine in the ground besides away fans nowadays, and its not much of a spectacle. There’s more atmosphere at the netball, so we’ll show that instead.

I have no issue with this if it’s sorted at start of season. Clubs should be made to name a away allocation at start of season and they can’t reduce that till the next season. They can increase it but can’t decrease it just Cos they happen to go on a decent run

Don't see the problem its their stadium and can do what they want. Many on here moaned about the mentally challengeds getting too many away fans but when other teams do it its unacceptable

The difference being there will be no more home fans than usual at Fir park. Utter Mickey Mouse outfit.

And another thing

Motherwell: why dont you choose to televise matches at fir park anymore?

Sky: because there’s no ine in the ground besides away fans nowadays, and its not much of a spectacle. There’s more atmosphere at the netball, so we’ll show that instead.
Won’t happen.

No more away fans in the main stand at Fir Park.
IZ1GsXD.gif

Sooner these diddy clubs die the better. There must never be an acceptance of more tickets ever again from any of these clubs by rangers even suppose their arsehole chairmen are on their knees begging us.
They have made their beds. Screw them

And when all these 'diddy clubs' die, what then ?

A Scottish Premiership made up of 'non diddy clubs' plus diddy clubs from the Championship etc etc !

It's a good idea to fill their stadium, but to give away free tickets isn't a great idea on a business sense i'd imagine.
Scottish football is struggling enough without giving away free seats when opposition fans would/could fill them ie Rangers and Septic.

Utter zoomers, what do they think they are going to get out of that, other than a pointless sense of temporary smugness?

whos is gonna pay the price of these clubs reducing allocations to "accomodate and encourage home support" we will ..bears becareful of ticket hikes next season incase their plans blow up in their horrible faces

It's their club, They can do what they want, It won't last long though. We should tell them to %^*& off when they come back with their tail between their legs.

These clubs are going to slowly kill themselves through bigotry and hatred. Why dont we just tell them to keep all of their tickets and then wish them well in the transfer market spending their planned budget.

It's a good idea to fill their stadium, but to give away free tickets isn't a great idea on a business sense i'd imagine.
Scottish football is struggling enough without giving away free seats when opposition fans would/could fill them ie Rangers and Septic.

True, but presumably they’ve weighed it up and think encouraging youngsters to come to the game to try and foster the next generation of paying punters is a good idea.

I’m told from the Motherwell end that we normally get circa 500 tickets for the Main Stand. Twice a year (maximum) that’s 1000 tickets at roughly £28 a ticket I think. Double that to include the Dhims, so 2000 x £28 = circa £56,000 a season at the most of they play us both twice at Fir Park. They will also lose out on some food and beverage sales, though I wouldn’t imagine that would be much, but will save on Policing/segregation costs.

It’s not a huge sum even for a struggling club like Motherwell. They will add it onto the Turnbull transfer fee I expect.:)

Reactions: cav
Back