Motherwell join Paddy Powers, Save Our Shirt, Campaign

Thing is, only a few clubs can actually do this.

Paddypower have got some great PR from the Huddersfield stunt but that only works once.

Nobody in the long term, is going to pay to not have their sponsor on a shirt.

Must have cost Paddy Power about £60 to do this with Motherwell. Much better to have nothing on it than the local tiling shop

The burgandy strip across Motherwell's kit is clearly for a sponsor, so now, not having one, it looks naff.

If it was removed it be no bad, but ironically I think it would look better with a sponsor

You are clearly a youngster and don’t remember the days of football shirts pre-sponsorship deals ha ha. The claret (not burgundy) band across the Motherwell strip is their iconic emblem, just as Airdrie have their diamond and the Dhims their hooped horrors.

Motherwell colours are claret and amber. It’s nothing to do with being ‘designed’ for sponsorship.

Those saying it's a publicity stunt and giving them massive publicity, are people really saying this will encourage people who don't gamble to now start or make people spend more on gambling with them ? Reading about it and seeing the video above hasn't inclined me one bit to start gambling.

I'd love to go back to no sponsors on the shirt. Royal blue V neck thats it. I remember back in the 70s thinking French teams (who were one of the first to have multiple sponsors) looked like cyclists in the Tour de France. Now clubs are heading in that direction with every inch of the shirt up for sale

Back