Press Conference Motherwell v Belgian Phil's Quadruple chasing Gers Pre match press conference

"You need to be consistent, of course there will be one moment where we will lose points"

I genuinely don't think Big Phil believes that will happen.

He did say he's being realistic and is not naïve but he's basically not wanting the media to know what he really thinks. :))

I think they should be more selective about which players do these.

Too many lack confidence in themselves to really speak freely and resort to answers so pointless it is beyond measure.

The smarter players can offer a good discussion, for example Balogun, but mostly its a waste of everybody's times.

Theyre not helped by the hacks of Scotland but even so you can take a poor question and make it work with a smart answer. Either that or throw it back at them with a troll like answer and at least give us some entertainment.

Scott Wright talking makes me think of the Simpsons John Jackson/Jack Johnson Presidential joke, only its not funny.

Or interesting.

Or anything.

Unless you count the nervous rubbing of the chin or pulling of the ear which they all seem to do. These are grown men not toddlers standing on a stage for the first time. Its ridiculous.

Maybe Rangers should invest in some media training for players so they at least feel confident when talking to the press.

Not sure about the Christmas Day stuff to be honest. It’s OK for the younger or single guys but some of the players will have young kids.

I think you’d get more thanks and respect from the players if there was some come and go around that. The 100% authoritarian style of management usually starts to unravel at some point.

Not sure about the Christmas Day stuff to be honest. It’s OK for the younger or single guys but some of the players will have young kids.

I think you’d get more thanks and respect from the players if there was some come and go around that. The 100% authoritarian style of management usually starts to unravel at some point.
That's what I thought too.

The players are very privileged, but they're human.

Between the amount of games and training we've had, a wee break on Christmas day would go a long way lifting morale and spirits.

You can't buy good mental health.

That's what I thought too.

The players are very privileged, but they're human.

Between the amount of games and training we've had, a wee break on Christmas day would go a long way lifting morale and spirits.

You can't buy good mental health.
I'm sure winning more trophies and being loved by the fans would lift morale and spirits more than needing to work a few hours on Xmas day. Manager is 100% correct in getting them in, no room for sentimentality this year with this manager, glad we have someone like him in charge.

My old man always works a few hours on Xmas day, not because he has to, but he wants to, provides a service for some people that need it and I massively respect him for it, sure the players family's will be the same.

I'm sure winning more trophies and being loved by the fans would lift morale and spirits more than needing to work a few hours on Xmas day. Manager is 100% correct in getting them in, no room for sentimentality this year with this manager, glad we have someone like him in charge.

My old man always works a few hours on Xmas day, not because he has to, but he wants to, provides a service for some people that need it and I massively respect him for it, sure the players family's will be the same.
Some good points made.

Training Christmas day might seem a lot, but as someone already said it'll likely not be a full day and they'll see they're family later.

With a winter break only a few weeks away I think he's right to keep us training and pushing til the break.

Yeah, it'll just be a recovery session after the Motherwell game on Xmas Eve.

They won't do anything excessive the day after a game.

It’s not authoritarian though. It’s the schedule for recovery. We play a game the day before, if we played today they might get the day off.

Btw players have trained on Christmas Day for years. It will be a couple of hour in the afternoon, so time in the morning with kids and family and home for dinner time.

He's not sending them down the mines ffs, they'll be going in for a couple of hours for a bit of jogging and a massage.

Back