Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
IRChcx4.png

>>FOR HELP WITH RANGERSTV CLICK HERE<<

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL LINKS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

I'll be absolutely delighted with 3-points and have a great Christmas day off the back of that alone.

This is what I love (and miss) about being in a genuine title race - the passion comes back, you can't wait until match day, the nerves (I've never had nerves like I did watching us play St Johnstone at Ibrox 1-0 up going into the last ten-minutes chasing a killer second)

I wouldn't have it any other way either.

I'm feeling the pressure playing catch up, so god knows how our players are feeling, facing hammer throwing teams week in and out, weak refereeing the injuries are a real worry, no excuses but our players need more protection, having said all that I'm confident we will take care of business today 0-4 to the good guys, in big Phil we trust, WATP

I’m more concerned about the conditions today. Forecast is for between 40 and 50mph winds and 80-90% rain. That’s a helluva leveller.

This is the type of game we need to win when it comes to the end of the season and lifting trophies.

It's been a ground where teams have dropped points on the way to losing close titles (both us and them) so here's hoping we grind out a win.

Will likely not be returning post-split - 3 points and up the road for Christmas, please. Going to the game against them on the 30th with maximum points is the minimum expectation.

Bus absolutely rammed today and hopefully plenty of festive cheer on the park.

I'll gladly take the 3 points any way possible, but a perfect scenario would be the game won early, injury and suspension free and be able to rotate key players.

Butland

Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun
Barisic

Sterling
Dowell

McAusland
Cantwell
Sima

Dessers

Today represents the problem Rangers will face unless across the coming months - T!ms pick up easy win before us and heap pressure on our game.

We’ll be balancing two fronts while they have it easy with longer prep and recovery time.

We must try to get ahead of them clean, even by a small margin to try and ease that advantage they’ll enjoy.

Motherwell are dreadful obvs but chock full of the sort of Scottish dross players who kill games of football and burn the clock double quick.

Suffice to say we need to score as early as possible and make them open up just a little.

This might be a long slog today, we are down to the bare bones (probably below that actually) so we need to be patient. 3 points is a must but then 3 points always is

Need to be alive against Biereth who seems to have a bit about him, Blair Spittal who always seems to play well against us and Mugabi who has previous for causing injuries.

3pts and safely home for Christmas lads.

I think today might be one game too many for this threadbare squad. I'll not be blaming anyone if we don't pick up all 3 points. I'll be delighted but surprised if we do.

Do it for Santa, Rangers.

Bus absolutely rammed today and hopefully plenty of festive cheer on the park.

I'll gladly take the 3 points any way possible, but a perfect scenario would be the game won early, injury and suspension free and be able to rotate key players.

Butland

Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun
Barisic

Sterling
Dowell

McAusland
Cantwell
Sima

Dessers
That team managed by Phillipe Clement should beat Motherwell every time.

The midfield is giving me the fear today, Lundstram has been brilliant this season and will be a miss, I hope to f he's back for the Old Firm.

Saying that, 2-0 Rangers with a Sima brace.

NS.

Im in bothwell, just a couple of miles from fir park, and the weather is absolutely unbelievable. Its been sheet rain for the last 2 hours. This will not be a football spectacle today. Any win will do.

Today represents the problem Rangers will face unless across the coming months - T!ms pick up easy win before us and heap pressure on our game.

We’ll be balancing two fronts while they have it easy with longer prep and recovery time.

We must try to get ahead of them clean, even by a small margin to try and ease that advantage they’ll enjoy.

Motherwell are dreadful obvs but chock full of the sort of Scottish dross players who kill games of football and burn the clock double quick.

Suffice to say we need to score as early as possible and make them open up just a little.
We won't be back in euro action till feb 23rd so bit of leeway

I don't think Wright has done anything to merit a start. Would stick with McCausland on the right.

Think with injuries, the team more or less picks itself today.

Im in bothwell, just a couple of miles from fir park, and the weather is absolutely unbelievable. Its been sheet rain for the last 2 hours. This will not be a football spectacle today. Any win will do.

Just hoping there's no late call off like happened with games yesterday.

Nothing would surprise me with diddy clubs like this.

Be disappointed if we don't win this today. Will be a slog, but no excuses.

3-0 to the good guys, Sima, Dressers and Tav to score

Depleted squad. Minging day. Players playing out of position. Multiple games in a matter of days.

Who cares...

Just do what we need to do today. Three points, no injuries, up the road.

Back