Moussa Dembele to Man United?

Am no fan of Man U.

But I spoke to a couple of their fans and they have steeled themselves for another 5-10 years in the wilderness.

The success under Ferguson has to get paid back sometime.

Show how far Manu have fallen.

Also, €40m is %^*& all to clubs from the major leagues these days

You’d be absolutely gutted if you were a United fan. He’s not even close to being good enough to lead the line for a team serious about winning the Premier League.

Lukaku is surely a better option although the chat seems to be Lukaku is going to Inter Milan so maybe they are filling the void in their squad with a mediocre option by their standards.

I can’t see Dembele turning Man Utd into a title challenger so why waste the money.

Dembele is a very good player but not Man United class yet, he is only 22 though. I wouldn’t be making any Morelos comparisons though. Dembele earned his move by turning up in the biggest games. I don’t think he’s as good but I’d like to see Alfie stay another year and see if he can do that too.

Dembele is a very good player but not Man United class yet, he is only 22 though. I wouldn’t be making any Morelos comparisons though. Dembele earned his move by turning up in the biggest games. I don’t think he’s as good but I’d like to see Alfie stay another year and see if he can do that too.

Yes putting goals past Wilson, Kiernan and Sendeross is the real mark of a top quality striker.

You never see the other "super clubs" struggling to get near a CL slot. This guy isn't going to improve them. Real, Barca, Bayern must be laughing up their sleeve at this.

So those 3 are playing in France now??

D7YbIr_XoAEenFY

The cunts only clame to fame is a hatrick against us.
The lady's front bottom is absolutely dug shite.

I am surprised that Utd feel that a 35 million player is good enough when others will be splashing 2 or 3 times that amount.

injury prone , probably decent for a period of time followed by 6-9 months of bit part appearances trying to gain full match fitness

United should try and sign bale and mbappe

If they are serious about catching city

Probably a story being punted to big up the sell on fee that the scums finance team no doubt put in his contract.

I hope our guys wake up to this and start including sell on fees in contracts going forward.

United should try and sign bale and mbappe

If they are serious about catching city
That is the standard of player they should be going for, i would throw Marco Verratti's name into the hat as well. He would provide the steel and energy required in the middle for them.

Middle to front isn't where their real problems lie though imho, they need to gut that back four.

Yes putting goals past Wilson, Kiernan and Sendeross is the real mark of a top quality striker.

Regardless, he scored in Old Firm games, against best teams in the world in the Champions League and in cup finals, something Morelos has yet to do. Fair enough he hasn’t had the chance but it’s the simple reason why Dembele was worth much more and I’ve never understood why people didn’t get that.

The guy is a decent player but i cant for a minute think he is better than what they have right now. As he is quite similar to Lukaku and i cant see what the point in this is

Dembele on his day is a very good player, the problem is he when its not his day he's rotten,,, looking at man u, martial and rashford are both better players, Dembele would go there as 3rd striker, unless they sell one but surely he would be a downgrade on the player's they have,

Poor signing for Utd if true , looks like it will be a long season ahead for the old Trafford faithful

The top clubs down there have the likes of Aguero, Kane and Salah.

If Solskjaer thinks he can topple them by signing an inconsistent injury prone inexperienced forward, then get your money on Man United sacking him before the season is out.
Absolutely. If the story is true and OGS thinks Dembele is capable of bringing silverware to Old Trafford then he’ll be out on his arse soon.

Morelos is a far better player than Dembele - absolutely mental if anyone would pay that money for a bang average and injury prone striker

He's obviously scored goals in France against better defenders , not sure why this is confusing for people or why it even matters tbh

Because the previous guy said he won his move to Lyon by scoring in the biggest games, in Scotland that means games against us, which means games against our then woeful and inept defenders. I’m not sure why you and others find this so confusing.

Anyway who were these huge teams he scored against in Europe? He got a couple against City at the piggery but beyond that you’re looking at a penalty against Monchengladbach and an accidental goal away at PSG where someone else hit a shot and the ball deflected in off him. I actually thought he’d maybe scored against Barca too but then remembered he fluffed his penalty against them.

Where did I say anything about huge
Because the previous guy said he won his move to Lyon by scoring in the biggest games, in Scotland that means games against us, which means games against our then woeful and inept defenders. I’m not sure why you and others find this so confusing.

Anyway who were these huge teams ?hscored against in Europe? He got a couple against City at the piggery but beyond that you’re looking at a penalty against Monchengladbach and an accidental goal away at PSG where someone else hit a shot and the ball deflected in off him. I actually thought he’d maybe scored against

Anyway who were these huge teams he scored against in Europe? He got a couple against City at the piggery but beyond that you’re looking at a penalty against Monchengladbach and an accidental goal away at PSG where someone else hit a shot and the ball deflected in off him. I actually thought he’d maybe scored against Barca too but then remembered he fluffed his penalty against them.
too but then remembered he fluffed his penalty against them.
Regardless of who he has scored against in Scotland he has scored goals in France which is what's getting h attention from teams like man u. If he had never played for Celtic no one would be surprised in the slightest at it. Never said anything about huge teams either so not sure where that's coming from. Morelos has scored against similarly shite defenders in the Scottish League and we expect big money for him and rightly so because he's still a great player with bags of potential but so was dembele who got a move, played well and is linked with another big money transfer. Nothing confusing about it at all

Where did I say anything about huge Regardless of who he has scored against in Scotland he has scored goals in France which is what's getting h attention from teams like man u. If he had never played for Celtic no one would be surprised in the slightest at it. Never said anything about huge teams either so not sure where that's coming from. Morelos has scored against similarly shite defenders in the Scottish League and we expect big money for him and rightly so because he's still a great player with bags of potential but so was dembele who got a move, played well and is linked with another big money transfer. Nothing confusing about it at all

Let me stop you at the first two lines there. The guy was referencing his move to Lyon, not his move to United, which has not yet happened and is still a rumour. You need to get that right first because his move to Lyon is what the guy I was responding to was talking about. What he’s done in France since leaving the scum doesn’t even come into this argument.

Let me stop you at the first two lines there. The guy was referencing his move to Lyon, not his move to United, which has not yet happened and is still a rumour. You need to get that right first because his move to Lyon is what the guy I was responding to was talking about. What he’s done in France since leaving the scum doesn’t even come into this argument.
Fair dos maybe read it the wrong way mate

What I meant by biggest games was he scored in old firm, champions league and cup finals. Not sure why there’s any need to try and belittle that. He’s a good player and I was pointing out why it was so confusing when our fans say Morelos should go for the same money. Players who come up trumps in the biggest games go for big money. Morelos has failed and that’s why I hope he stays another year to make up for it because I think he’s capable.

What I meant by biggest games was he scored in old firm, champions league and cup finals. Not sure why there’s any need to try and belittle that. He’s a good player and I was pointing out why it was so confusing when our fans say Morelos should go for the same money. Players who come up trumps in the biggest games go for big money. Morelos has failed and that’s why I hope he stays another year to make up for it because I think he’s capable.

Yes but context is absolutely everything here. As much as some people like to believe the relative strength of the teams shouldn’t be a factor, it is. Morelos has only only played against the vermin about 2 and a half times (plus a 5 minute sub appearence) in sides that even resemble a proper cohesive Rangers team (I cant bring myself to include the Pedro and Murty crap, that wasn’t anything remotely like Rangers and those were dark times). You say Morelos has failed but he ragdolled their defence in December and was superb for us in many of those European games.

Dembélé played against us at a time when Celtic had by far the biggest advantage either of the two sides have ever had over one another, and when we had our worst defence that we’ve ever had in the top flight. Him scoring against us with the team we had then, really doesn’t mean much. Run of the mill SPL diddies also terrorised that Rangers defence, and I’ll say it now, Morelos would rip our old defence to shreds.

I also had to highlight those CL games because they just don’t seem to be as impressive as many imply, I was a bit surprised to read his stats and see that, that goal against City was about the highlight of his CL exploits. I agree Dembele is a very good player and I understand why he is worth more than Morelos, I just don’t understand why some feel that difference in price should be substantial and I don’t understand why so many of our fans are strangely eager to talk the ex tarriar right up and downplay our own asset.

Just checked the Lyon mercato site and apparently it's true MU have been following him since way back when he was a youth player at PSG he's scored 23 times for Lyon this season they are offering north of 40 million ,whether he'll do well in the EPL is another matter though
20 according to stats, and scoring in League 1 is easier than scoring in the English prem. he is nowhere near the standard required to win trophies in the EPL.

Back