Murty and Docherty presser video

Its so refreshing listening to Murty after all the waffle of Pedro every week.

You can see he wants this now !

And didnt say we where done yet with ins and outs.

Another articulate professional interview from Graeme. I'm really warming to him.
Young Greg looks buzzing in his interview and I can't wait to see him play for us.

I was very impressed by Greg and as he handled the presser very well and is very articulate and assured in front of the camera.

You can't not love Murty. He's the manager but he talks about the players and the club as if they're all way more important than he is, but you can feel how much he is relishing the job as well. Nice to see he's lost the 'rabbit in the headlights' feel about his interviews and he's not having to think about every word hes saying before he says it now.

Both of them speak well. Murty is a very astute guy and I really hope the second half of the season lives up to its potential.

I really like Graeme. I hope it can’t work for him in this role as I would really hate to see us lose him from the club.
He’s inexperienced so he’s learning in the role and it’s a huge spotlight to do it under but he seems like a guy who really gets how big our club is and the hunger we all have to get our title back.

I’m really warming to Murty
He sounds like a rangers manager should sound
Good old honest answers
And not coming out with all the modern manager waffle such as
Ball management etc
Load of pish

Since his appointment for the remainder of this season I have hoped it was only until the end of the season. But I am very comfortable with him in charge. He seems to grow with every game that passes

I owe Graeme Murty a huge apology

I likened him to a rabbit in the headlights and not mentally tough enough for the job

But my god, he is starting to look and sound more and more of a Rangers manager every time I hear him speak

Murty just just getting better with every press conference - he really is growing into the role of Rangers manager.

Docherty is also looking every bit a Rangers player. Speaks very well, has the right determination to do well and just is so happy to be here.

One of the things I have noticed of late is that the press seem to be a bit more respectful in the press conferences of late. Not many stupid questions and they seem to genuinely like speaking with Murty.

Encouraging to hear that Rossiter is putting in some crunching tackles. Means he can’t be far away.
That’s what I was thinking mate, sounds like really competitive training going on.

Jordan will be wanting to prove a few points aswell so everything is taking shape nicely

Murty just just getting better with every press conference - he really is growing into the role of Rangers manager.

Docherty is also looking every bit a Rangers player. Speaks very well, has the right determination to do well and just is so happy to be here.

One of the things I have noticed of late is that the press seem to be a bit more respectful in the press conferences of late. Not many stupid questions and they seem to genuinely like speaking with Murty.

Yea i have noticed that, probably because we are acting like a normal football club now, radio snyde where full of praise for Rangers last night

Young Greg handles himself very well.

I, like a lot of people, was totally underwhelmed by Graeme Murty's appointment. However with every passing interview he is growing in stature and confidence. Regardless of how it works out for him he has gone way up in my estimations. Oozes that class that we expect from a Rangers manager. Here's hoping he has the quality that we expect from a Rangers manager.

Good interviews from both.
I hope we can continue to improve and have a good second part of the season,dare I say it ending the season with some silverware.
Hopefully we do not entertain Killie with a follow up bid. Hamilton showed a bit of class throughout their negotiations with young Greg.

Docherty speaks very well, and it’s great hearing Rossiter is flying into challenges in training! There seems to be a very good atmosphere amongst the management and squad right now. Things are certainly looking up.

Impressed in his level headedness, but I tell you what, Murty really shone there, very articulate, clever and passionate. He looks to be growing into this role. Maybe he will surprise me and others in the next few months in our results. I really hope so.

Murty talking about the Danny Wilson situation. Having been pushed on the sucjetc on it on more than one occasion and having to repeat himself, he used words about "being respectful to all parties concerned" etc.

I'm absolutely certain that the irony of such a statement was completely lost on the the assembled press pack.

I've always been impressed with how he speaks. I think his team and hopefully his January signings, mean that I continue to be impressed on the park as well.

I thought it sounded like they were trying to bait him into slagging Hamilton a bit, fortunately he clearly is a very level headed and respectful lad. County are going to be a very physical side as usual so I wouldn't mind sticking him in in place of Goss or Holt who may not deal with the hammer throwers as well (but i agree both deserve to stay in the team). I would start him and cummings against Fraserburgh for certain. I'd really be looking to minimise key player injuries at the moment so I would be open to playing atyiaki Aiden Wilson and Halliday as well.

Greg showed a remarkable level of maturity for someone so young who has just signed for his boyhood club. It's clear he's thrilled to be here, but he also dealt with all questions with calmness and rational answers, not sounding like some over-excited kid caught in the headlights.

I very much look forward to seeing him on the pitch and have a very positive feeling that he could become a mainstay in our midfield for a considerable period of time.

Well done Greg, that was very mature interview and GM was okay as well, good luck son, high hopes for you!

Very impressed with the interviews docherty has given since joining. A very level headed and intelligent young man. Think we could have a real star in the making.

Murty also seems to have grown into the role and I suspect a lot of that has to do with working with Allen & now Nicholl. Both of them together could be taking a hell of a lot of pressure off Murty and allowing him to concentrate on coaching and managing the football team. Nicholl will offer a wealth of experience on the pitch and in the dressing room. Allen clearly knows how to strike a deal, deliver a strategy and see through the wasters.

One last thing, it's great to hear that Rossiter gave docherty a welcome to Rangers tackle. He is clearly on the mend himself and there is a great competition for places growing now.

Never one to get too carried away but there are signs that Murty , instead of shrinking under the pressure, is growing into this .

Docherty sounds like a well grounded young fella , good vibes all round at the moment.

Loved the way Murty used the "table of Rangers Legends" as an inspiration. It is obvious to me that Graeme Murty wants to gain the full respect of these guys because of what he has achieved as the manager of our great club. He wants to look them in the eye and see their approval, just like Walter gets. I see similarities that I like with the great man.

Good interviews and from the sounds of it he (Greg) had a few choices of clubs from down south and late interest from a premier league club.

Good to see he used his head and talks about his support network around him and being part of the project here for the next few years.

I watch murtys pressers and really think we have a young man deserving of leading rangers. He sits and speaks like he's been managing us his whole life. I hope he can sort out the results against the teams like Dundee and St. Johnstone in the second half of the season and earn himself the right to be our permanent manager.

He has obviously had a good upbringing in the way he carries himself and the way he speaks, seems very grounded and hungry and there is something about this transfer that gives me great pride.

Yes we will still drop the odd stupid points at times but we are on the right path now, with the depth to our squad i just cant see the Hamilton's etc of this world beating us at Ibrox again.

Lets go out and inflict a smash up job on Ross County on Sunday, we havent conceded a goal in our last 3 spl matches.

I watch murtys pressers and really think we have a young man deserving of leading rangers. He sits and speaks like he's been managing us his whole life. I hope he can sort out the results against the teams like Dundee and St. Johnstone in the second half of the season and earn himself the right to be our permanent manager.

I was just going to say that myself. Shortly after he took over as manager we had the disasters against Hamilton and Dundee, closely followed by another against Kilmarnock. To be fair the Club was in a bit of turmoil at the time so wasn't all his fault. If he can get the team performing at the level we perform at against the top sides all the time, he will be well on the way to securing the post permanently.

Last edited:
Good confident interview,keeping cards close to the chest,bit of a sickener for Ross Jack,hopefully Greg can step up in his absence. Very positive vibes and I hope Murts gets it permanent,I think him and Jimmy are ideal and will get the respect of the players.

Back