Murty's back to the U20's

They didn't.

No idea where this myth has come from.
They won 1 game in 9 under Murty at the start of e season, including a 1-6 defeat to Leicester

We then went onto win 13 out of 18, including a 6-0 victory over Leicester and scalps such as Bayern Munich.

Some regression.

He’s probably still in awe from the atmosphere - ‘second to none’ I’m sure he described it as?

I think it might’ve been yourself that said we’d struggle to get rid of him and he’d be like David Brent with his dog constantly turning up at Auchenhowie after the summer.:D

Guilty as charged :D showing up with his dog Nelson. Looks like that’s not going to be far from reality!

Not sure this is going to end well surely there's too much "history" for Murty to remain at Rangers?
One would have thought so.

The deeper you think about it the more bizarre it all seems.

I've nothing personal against Murty but from a purely football perspective ,it just doesn't sit right.

I've only read the first page on this thread and didn't have the stomach to trawl through the rest of it.
For what it's worth I'm glad he's taken back up his job......not his "old" job or his "original" job.....his actual job!
He was lauded to the high heavens from virtually everyone for the progress he was making with our U20's so what's changed?
I'll tell you what's changed, he put his reputation (and his balls) on the line to help our Board of Directors out not once but twice to do a job he was spectacularly under equipped to do.
It was an unmitigated disaster but he certainly can't be faulted for having the courage to attempt to help us out in our hour of need.
After all he did for us some folk want him thrown out the door like a used flunky?
I'm delighted he's decided to take his "real" job back (which incidently will have taken a bit of courage) and wish him all the very best!

I'm astonished by some of the vitriol directed toward Murty here.

The guy was offered a temporary step up based on his past record, he took it up, he failed (not spectacularly)...he steps back down...simple. He did what any of us would in any job.

Two things to consider before we unleash the hounds on him...

1) We still don't know the full story re. Miller & Wallace.

2) It's far, far better P.R for the club that he stays

We've been circling the wagons recently and it's good to see - let's not shoot ourselves in the foot again - Murty staying will have a few of the Scottish media spewing as it shuts down another avenue of attack.

We need to look at the big picture Gers.

He didn't fail spectacularly?

Did you see some of the results? Did you sit through some of the performances?

Hamilton, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock x2 Hibs 2-3, Celtic 2-3, Celtic 0-4 celtic 0-5.

Not to mention Dundee away defeat.

The guy was as spectacular a failure as you could get.

Good PR? %^*& the PR, We should all want what is best for Rangers Football Club, and having this complete and utter loser at the club in any capacity, especially after his attitude in his last couple of weeks, is not in any way the best for the club.

He gave it his best shot and wasn't good enough ,but glad to see him get his job back,good luck to him and thanks for stepping up when we needed you.

What, your reply?

I'd say the young lads are better without Murty around the place.

We've all seen what went on during his spell in charge - an amateur mess, tactically and mentally naive, weak and pathetic.

There should be no place for Murty at Rangers, in any capacity, and it won't end well.

Listen to Craig Mulholland then compare him to Graeme Murty. I don't see Murty getting the best out of the young lads and winning against Bayern Munich, Valencia, Villarreal, Copenhagen, AEK...

For me a generous pay-off, best wishes and a handshake would’ve been the best option. He’s become like a Uriah Heap figure hovering in the background, waiting to step in when managers fail. If it happens a third time I swear I’ll kill myself, and as of now, this is still a possibility.

I'm glad he's back . He showed unbelievable passion for our club when times were hard .

I sincerely hope your at it

Passion

The guy couldn’t motivate, the guy didn’t seem too bothered about being bumped
4-0 and 5-0, infact he was close
To tears because a couple of players dare to get passionate.

Passion

You're.! And no . He would have been a moron to say no to the job and was not his fault he was the only option . He done well with the youth in the past so he can have his old job back.

Passion

Completely bogus statement - check

1690 in user name - check

Low post count - check

Hmmmmmm

Despite losing it a bit with him toward the end, we need to remember he was thrown into the job whilst he clearly didn't have the temperament for it.

He obviously wasn't helped by some of the senior players and that made the job even harder.

Let him get on with the youths, no hard feelings from me anyway.
Me neither, but if he ever gets close to managing the first team again we will know the game's a bogey.

I hope he finds his niche again, there's no doubt he's a decent guy.

The fact he picked Martin week after week is reason enough to be relieved of his duties.

He's got a contract I suppose and will stick with it til something else comes up I imagine.

There were signs of this including the tears after losing at Dens Park but the Hampden fiasco and the Miller/Wallace thing shows me he doesn't have the minerals to deal with mens football.

There may be compensation issues that the club wish to avoid. Suspect that in reality, Murty will be a fringe figure for a few months and will be away before the end of the year.

I'm no fan of Murty and would like to see him gone from our club, but if your asked to help out by your employer in a temporary more senior position you would rightly expect your previous job to be waiting for you.

You're.! And no . He would have been a moron to say no to the job and was not his fault he was the only option . He done well with the youth in the past so he can have his old job back.

He accepted the job.
He failed.
He embarrassed the football club

Our youths need taught how to win, what it means to play for Rangers.

They will have a mentor who instills no passion, is sulky, lacks professionalism, lacks integrity, lacks authority, lacks tactical awareness, lacks presence, lacks respect and who is a laughing stock.

Im sorry, I want the best for our Football club, and he is certainly not.

Back