Murty's back to the U20's

The Salty Dog

Murty has returned the the U20's following a deal being rubber stamped on Tuesday.

Apparently come with SG approval

As reported in the DR

I hope this isn’t true I don’t want this guy anywhere near our Club after the shambles he’s lost all total respect.

He may have crashed and burned in the main seat but by all accounts he' still highly regarded.

Still surprised he has stayed tbh. I thought he would have wanted a clean break altogether
He's damaged goods at the moment, he'll want a chance to build a decent rep again. Personally I hope he leaves of his own volition, save the club money.

As soon as I seen the thread, I knew the haters wouldn't be happy. I personally thought it would have been best for Murty if he had left the club, but I wish him the best of luck in going back to the U20's.
Yes, of course he wasn't ready for the top job, and the evidence suggests he likely never will be ready, but I just don't get the hatred for the guy on here.

As an employer we don't have a choice. We can't sack him from the u20 role because of his inability with the 1st team.

Also, as pointed out Murty went to the plate twice in awkward circumstances. He had some very good results which more established managers have struggled to get - owning Aberdeen, two draws at the piggery, etc. Ok, things didn't work out long term - but he should have nothing but gratitude from any of us.

Personally I’m happy to see him return. I think a few comments regarding the youth team’s success without Murty are unfair. By all accounts he put in a lot of groundwork with them and who’s to say that their decent results in his absence weren’t just coincidental? The young guys may have been bursting a gut knowing fine well that Murty knew them all and would seriously consider playing them in the first team if they performed well enough. I think the club did the right thing to offer him his position back and it’s taken balls for him to accept it. The guy was put under ridiculous pressure and folk on here had us winning the league under him just prior to the 2-3 game.

He deserves a 2nd chance at the level he’s comfortable imo.

It's his job.

Not his fault we shunted him into a temporary role he was miles out his depth for, because of the board of directors' inability to act swiftly
He could have said “no thanks,job too big for me,I’m a youth coach”......he was shunted into nothing,his ego got the better of him.

Reports were he was doing well there prior to the first team debacle. Thats why he got the stand in top job.

So despite how he crashed I suppose he deserves the chance there again.

From his point of view I would've thought he would have shown a bit of pride and moved on.

Despite losing it a bit with him toward the end, we need to remember he was thrown into the job whilst he clearly didn't have the temperament for it.

He obviously wasn't helped by some of the senior players and that made the job even harder.

Let him get on with the youths, no hard feelings from me anyway.

The guy was put in a no win position twice by the board. Twice he tried and it failed. I’m not sure why he should be made redundant by the club though.

Some amount of bile here. He stepped up, he ultimately struggled. That is not his fault and it really has very little to do with his pedigree as a youth coach. There was simply no way he should have been sacked for struggling in a role he was asked to “act up” into, no matter how annoyed we are about the implosion from the semi final on.

I wonder how many of the Murty haters think Miller and Wallace have been badly treated. Probably the same people right? Well as far as I’m concerned there’s at least as much evidence to suggest they (one in particular) were as responsible for the team’s collapse last season as Murty.

He has zero tactical knowledge

He has zero ability to motivate players

He has zero ability to impose discipline

He is prepared to publicly criticise players to remove pressure from himself

He has shown himself to have deep psychological flaws when under pressure

Surely the ability to motivate, encourage, discipline and inspire young players are all attributes which any coach of youth players should have in spades. His reputation and authority are non-existent. He was an unmitigated disaster as “manager” and, despite being deserving of some measure of gratitude for being willing to take the reins when the board was paralysed with indecision, his performance in the role was so inept and his self-centredness so contemptuous of the club and it’s support that it outweighs any positive feeling I may have had towards him. We need winners at all levels of the club and he is a loser, with a losers record, losers mentality and losers demeanour. We should be looking do do better than him. I only hope that we have some youngsters so talented that they can be elevated to reserve or first team football soon enough to avoid being damaged by him.

A lot may depend on his personal circumstances. I don't really know anything about Murty's personal circumstances, and I'm sure he' s not living in poverty, but not many can afford to chuck their job and hope to get something else.

Give the guy a chance. We know he didn’t do well as manager latterly but he deserves to go back to the job he was actually appointed to do.

Madness that anybody thinks this is a good idea and he deserves to go back to his old roll. The guy has no winning mentality and has showed very little to prove that he’s any sort of manager, not the kind of guy we want in charge of our young players.

The development team seemed to be doing better without him. I don't think this is the right move for us or him.

What's that based on? Murty was away from the youths for 7 months, and yet in that short space of time it's been decided that the development of our young players has accelerated in the time he's been away.

Absolutely crazy, particularly when we were all raving about him as our head youth coach before he succeeded Pedro.

Our fans are fickle as %^*&.

Wonder how the 20s will be feeling about that ? Considering he never gave them a sniff to sit on the first team bench

Disappointing.

The guys a loser, don’t want that rubbing off on our youth players. Look at the results they got when he wasn’t in charge.

Madness that anybody thinks this is a good idea and he deserves to go back to his old roll. The guy has no winning mentality and has showed very little to prove that he’s any sort of manager, not the kind of guy we want in charge of our young players.

To say he has no winning mentality is utterly pish and just shows you dont really have a clue what you are gibbering about.

He was part of our youth system whichbhas improved and seen us bring through some players.

He stepped in twice when asked and the only reason he was in the role longer than he should have was down to the boards ineptitude. If he didnt have a winning mentality he wouldnt have thrown his hat in the ring for the job.

To say he has no winning mentality is utterly pish and just shows you dont really have a clue what you are gibbering about.

He was part of our youth system whichbhas improved and seen us bring through some players.

He stepped in twice when asked and the only reason he was in the role longer than he should have was down to the boards ineptitude. If he didnt have a winning mentality he wouldnt have thrown his hat in the ring for the job.

Did you listen to any of his post match interviews? Or see the lack of substitutes or tactical changes he made in nearly every single game in charge? He’s hopeless and doesn’t have what it takes to manage at the top level.

Back