Must keeps this summer?

I'm with you.

No one, other than those two, is world class. We must keep them.

GVB can get players in to replace who we have.
I don’t think there is a world class player in Scotland. I suppose it depends your definition of world class. World class players can play for any team in world football imo and improve them.
Our last manager was a world class player. Roy Makaay was world class for a period as was Gio. We don’t have those standard of player in Scotland. I love the two players you are talking about but feel world class is stretching the definition too far.

Are you Ross fucking Wilson ffs?

The jans transfer window lost us the league!!!
The change of management cost us the league. Can’t blame the transfer window when the team is the exact same as the season we finished champions plus new players. Don’t understand the full thing that the transfer window cost us the league when we only added to the team that had won the league

Tbh along as we get a fair value I'd be fine with Kent and Aribo moving on. £15 million plus each.

They are fantastic players and in Europe they are great but if we are being honest their goal/assist contributions in the league are fairly average for playing in such advanced positions. We also have very little strength in depth to replace them if they are injured or out of form. This has showed in particular this season as both have had stretches of being off form but needing to play.

If we got £30 million for the pair that could facilitate a big injection of strength and depth in the squad.

If we had a choice of only keeping one of Morelos, Kent and Aribo. I'd be picking Morelos everyday.
Absolute fag paper maths, but we really should be pushing for about £40m between Kent, Aribo and Kamara. We might struggle because the contract situation with Kent and Aribo, but these days players for millions in the last 6 months so I don't think it will be too much of an issue. Throw in maybe £5m or so between Katic, Itten, Wright and Sakala etc. Say we reinvest 2/3 of the player sales into the squad, £30m would be a fair whack for Gio to play with this summer. It is vital we get the signings right though.

The boy was more than destroyed by that bastard Kudela and all the abuse he took. Doesn't matter that there was some half arsed form of justice. GK was very badly affected and it crept into his game. He's still trying to shake it.
Tbf, he is one of the ones I'd let go too and should earn a decent fee. A fresh start elsewhere may be just what he needs.
If he is that fragile mentally he shouldn’t be here then. He got the chance to crack him about and by all accounts he took it.
Unfortunately it is relatively common in football to be racially abused. A lot of players would get the head down and use it to make them more determined to make an arse of the team.
Glen is not the first or will he be the last to have to suffer this appalling abuse but imo he should have recovered by now.
Ive had Racial abuse in Jamaica, didn’t affect my holiday. It’s quite common there. I’ve been many times and had all sorts said to me. Pretty much every day you are told that we all look the same which I don’t consider to be abusive but others would say it’s Racist. I don’t stay in my complex when there. I like to go out and experience the place for real. Loads of lovely people but a lot of the things said would have you up in court in the UK if said about a minority.
Maybe just my age.

Absolute fag paper maths, but we really should be pushing for about £40m between Kent, Aribo and Kamara. We might struggle because the contract situation with Kent and Aribo, but these days players for millions in the last 6 months so I don't think it will be too much of an issue. Throw in maybe £5m or so between Katic, Itten, Wright and Sakala etc. Say we reinvest 2/3 of the player sales into the squad, £30m would be a fair whack for Gio to play with this summer. It is vital we get the signings right though.
I’m sorry mate but I think you are in for a shock. I hope I’m wrong and I often am but can’t see 40 million for those three players.
Could you break down the 40 million into amounts for each player please? Maybe then I’ll understand more.

Tav, Bassey, Lundstram, Jack.

Sell Aribo, Kent, Kamara

Would like to keep Morelos but can replace with the fee. Also Goldson but obv no fee

I’m sorry mate but I think you are in for a shock. I hope I’m wrong and I often am but can’t see 40 million for those three players.
Could you break down the 40 million into amounts for each player please? Maybe then I’ll understand more.
Like I said it is fag paper maths, but if we can wangle £16m for a right back with less than 30 professional games then we should be capable of getting over £10m for established first team players who are performing in the latter stages of a European competition. Look at the state of the seasons Ajer and Edouard had last year and how much they got for them, there is absolutely no excuse for us not getting the same now.

Unless Kent, Aribo and Alfie extend their deals they need sold early summer.

Goldson will be gone.

Helander contract up next season and needs replace with someone not made of glass
ready made replacement for the medical staff in john soutar

Like I said it is fag paper maths, but if we can wangle £16m for a right back with less than 30 professional games then we should be capable of getting over £10m for established first team players who are performing in the latter stages of a European competition. Look at the state of the seasons Ajer and Edouard had last year and how much they got for them, there is absolutely no excuse for us not getting the same now.
Nathan Patterson was about potential not what he is right now.

I agree with your last sentence but don’t have the confidence we will. Aribo ran down his contract at his last club. Who’s to say that is not his intention now. Personally I think it is.

Glen is on a long contract but his form has dropped this year. Maybe better to give him the chance to show up again next year and thus improve his transfer value.

Kent I really have no idea what he is worth. More than we paid I think but his contract is length is getting shorter too.

Ross Wilson’s comments about the contract situations annoy me more by the day. I understand he’s probably got to say that but I’m certainly not relaxed about the situation we are in. All our best players have not long left on their contracts but Lundstram is starting to show why he was brought here. Silver linings and all that. We needed controlled aggression in the team and he has it.

Alfie is the big money guy for me but I don’t want him to go. He seems settled now but unfortunately he is the one we can make good money on imo.

100% with you on Kamara and Aribo. Too inconsistent. And Aribo’s lack of workrate at times frustrates the hell out of me.

I’d also keep Jack and perhaps Kent. The reality is though we aren’t selling 20 players this summer.
we cant afford to let our out of contract players leave for free if they all run down there contracts

ross wilson should be chased

I think we will see a massive turnover in personnel this summer, we have only won 1 trophy since our return to the top division. We clearly require better quaility and more goals in our team.

If i could pick, in an ideal world id want to keep.

Tav
Goldson
Lundstram
Morelos
Kent
Aribo
Bassey

I cant see us keeping hold of all them. In fact, i think only Tav, Bassey and Lundstram will be here next year of those names. Theres a few others id like to stay, but i think they are much easier to replace than the ones ive listed.
If we can have Goldson from last year and Aribo from pre afcon then yeah otherwise they can go too. The others have to stay for me. Especially Lundstrum and Morelos. Wouldn't be against Davis getting another year but would want him to feature a bit more regularly.

The change of management is why they haven’t won it yet mathematically, and we’re still in Europe.

The players cost us the league.
Same players that went undefeated last season ? Means there must be another big factor outside of the players being the reason we fell short in the league

Considering the same players were turning in pish performance after pish performance both domestically and in Europe under Gerrard I’ll say changing the manager wasn’t the reason.
The same players were still six points clear in the league and now we’re 6 points behind. I can’t be the only person that thinks the change of management might have had something to do with it

Morelos, Roofe and Itten isn’t enough.

Morelos needs sold if he’s not going to sign a new deal. We can’t go into a season with Morelos, an injury prone Roofe and a player like Itten who’s not good enough.

Goalkeepers I’m comfortable with McLaughlin & McCrorie and Hogarth as 3rd choice

Defence, we need to add to Tav, Bassey Soutter, with King & Fraser getting more game time. The rest can be go or be sold for funds.

Midfield, Lundstrum is a no brainer, Jack if fit, McCann, Sands, the rest again can go or be sold.

Forwards, Lowry, Kent & Morelos need to sign new contracts or they can go and anyone else can be moved on if need be.

Big job coming up in the summer for Gio

Said a few weeks ago that Morelos is the only one I’d be gutted about losing. Still stand by it. Goldson, Jack and Lundstram I really hope stay though.

Wouldn’t lose sleep over the rest leaving if I’m being honest.
Jesus wept, so you would be happy for Tav to walk out the door? And bassey?

Lundstrum / Bassey / Morelos (but if decent offer sell)

Problem we have is we don’t cash in when players are hot.

That’s not to say I don’t think most of the others are good players and if they were here next season I’d be raging.

It needs freshened up, that’s still Gerard’s squad

If he is that fragile mentally he shouldn’t be here then. He got the chance to crack him about and by all accounts he took it.
Unfortunately it is relatively common in football to be racially abused. A lot of players would get the head down and use it to make them more determined to make an arse of the team.
Glen is not the first or will he be the last to have to suffer this appalling abuse but imo he should have recovered by now.
Ive had Racial abuse in Jamaica, didn’t affect my holiday. It’s quite common there. I’ve been many times and had all sorts said to me. Pretty much every day you are told that we all look the same which I don’t consider to be abusive but others would say it’s Racist. I don’t stay in my complex when there. I like to go out and experience the place for real. Loads of lovely people but a lot of the things said would have you up in court in the UK if said about a minority.
Maybe just my age.
More than just your age.

There are no must keeps for me, bar Tav.

I'm happy for anyone to go for good money that ensures reinvestment and refreshing the squad. That includes the likes of Morelos, Kent, Aribo and co.

We have to make changes.
Was going to say the same. Squad needs an overhaul and will need to be funded by player sales

Except thst i was literally one of the only ones on here defending Lundstram. Can guarantee you werent.

Lowry is a talented lad. But talents only part of the equation. Hes nowhere near Aribos level yet either, even if he gets there in the future.
It's absolutely bonkers. One thing that's never changed, mind people bawling for us to play youths in the 3rd division. Guys like Dean Shiels and Andy Little might not be everybody's cup of tea, but they were decent players that got the job done. We could have played the likes of Darren Cole and Luca Gasparotto every game, we'd probably still be in the 3rd division now. The coaching staff see these boys every day in training, they know when they're ready to make the step up or not.

Definite keeps: Tav, Bassey, Lundstram, Jack, Morelos, Lowry, King, McLaughlin

Not fussed: Helander, Roofe, Barisic

Would sell/release: Davis, Arfield, Itten, Wright, Katic, Simpson, Sakala, Balogun, McGregor, Kamara, Aribo, Kent

I would happily sell Kent, Aribo and Kamara this summer to fund the rebuild. We need a fresh squad and I'd much rather fund it with their sales than Bassey or Morelos'. Roofe, Helander and Balogun are too injury prone, can't rely on them over
Forgot all about Katic. Agree with most of that.
When's Hagi due back?

Back