MyGers & Rangers TV Subscriptions Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
feels too much like 2015 when we were starving Ashley of cash and deliberately hurting the club for the long term good.

Unfortunately cancelled season tickets and MyGers memberships only hurts one area and that’s the team, which ultimately hurts us as fans the most.

Personal choice for everyone but threads like this (with instructions on how to do it) are not helpful overall in my humble opinion

feels too much like 2015 when we were starving Ashley of cash and deliberately hurting the club for the long term good.

Unfortunately cancelled season tickets and MyGers memberships only hurts one area and that’s the team, which ultimately hurts us as fans the most.

Personal choice for everyone but threads like this (with instructions on how to do it) are not helpful overall in my humble opinion
Nobody mentioned cancelled season tickets. Maybe it hurts to do it but hurts more to spend money for people who repeatedly lie to him?

"Reasons for both cancellations were given as:
“My reasons for the cancellation are the disgraceful Australian friendly and the incredibly poor club communications.”

Now, before anyone starts, I’m not trying to influence others on what to do or what not to do with their own money.
Today, for me, was just the final straw."

Good for you OP,i'm very close to doing similar including my ST.
More for everyone else then
Dont agree with everything the current board do inc OZ.
However trust curent board more than Club 1872 (about to cancel my DD) or Dave King.
Our present board are investing into the club and are trying to take the club forward long term.
Dave King is a legend but now has no plans to invest in the clubs future and has made it clear that his priority is to sell his shares.
He has made it clear he is unhappy at current director loans being converted into shares rather than being repaid as it is reducing his own holding.

I asked the fan engagement team if MyGers was being auto renewed at the end of March or if they knew when.

Their answer-
Thanks for your email.
We would be unable to give any timeframe on this but are hoping this may be within the coming months.
Regards
Sean

Honest to £uck :mad:

They would HOPE this MAY BE within the coming MONTHS?

Honest to feck, where do you even start with that pish? o_O

Can you link where the guy you quoted said OP?
There are posters on this thread saying there considering giving up their ST.
And if they do? Same crap I got when I protested against Murray. Their money their choice. Do you trust this board not to treat you with absolute contempt out of interest

You raised the paedo issue. Like Celtic, Manchester City (and Southampton) have ex-coaches serving long prison sentences for such offences perpetrated against boys who were in their academy and coaching systems. So my question to you is should we refuse possible friendly games against these clubs.
Not really a subject I want to get involved in, but the difference is that Man City accepted responsibility. Celtic have not to this day.

Reasons for both cancellations were given as:
“My reasons for the cancellation are the disgraceful Australian friendly and the incredibly poor club communications.”

Now, before anyone starts, I’m not trying to influence others on what to do or what not to do with their own money.
Today, for me, was just the final straw.
Well done. Hopefully more people remove revenue from the club and we see that reflected on the pitch. Idiocy. To look like an Uber staunch.

More for everyone else then
Dont agree with everything the current board do inc OZ.
However trust curent board more than Club 1872 (about to cancel my DD) or Dave King.
Our present board are investing into the club and are trying to take the club forward long term.
Dave King is a legend but now has no plans to invest in the clubs future and has made it clear that his priority is to sell his shares.
He has made it clear he is unhappy at current director loans being converted into shares rather than being repaid as it is reducing his own holding.

With half and half scarves with the micks. I'd rather live in the past.

Nobody mentioned cancelled season tickets. Maybe it hurts to do it but hurts more to spend money for people who repeatedly lie to him?

"Reasons for both cancellations were given as:

Today, for me, was just the final straw."

There's a big difference in starving the club of cash from the likes of Charles Green who was in it to make as much for himself and starving the club of cash for people making a bad decision for the right reasons, to increase the clubs income.

I completely disagree with the friendly, but I do think a lot of folk should be careful what they wish for when trying to hound people out over it, this board have made mistakes, but they have done far more good than bad.

It was only 10 years yesterday that we beat Celtic 3-2 then plunged down the league's into despair afterwards. To be sitting here as champions, in the quarter final of the Europa League etc owes a lot to the backing of the people now being hounded.

As we've seen to our cost, there are genuine bastards out there, we have people on our board who don't take a wage, have ploughed in millions to get us where we are and now folk want to starve the club of money over a friendly that looks increasingly like it won't happen anyway, it's gone way OTT.

Last edited:
There's a big difference in starving the club of cash from the likes of Charles Green who was in it to make as much for himself and starving the club of cash for people making a bad decision for the right reasons, to increase the clubs income.

I completely disagree with the friendly, but I do think a lot of folk should be careful what they wish for when trying to hound people out over it, this board have made mistakes, but they have done far more good than bad.

It was only 10 years yesterday that we beat Celtic 3-2 then plunged down the league's into despair afterwards. To be sitting here as champions, in the quarter final of the Europa League etc owes a lot to the backing of the people now being hounded.

As we've seen to our cost, there are genuine bastards out there, we have people on our board who don't take a wage, have ploughed in millions to get us where we are and now folk want to starve the club of money over a friendly that looks increasingly like it won't happen anyway, it's gone way OTT.
Agree, this board has made mistakes but the positives outweigh the negatives. What we can’t allow though is another board (and I include this one) to be so distanced from the fans and out of step with our views. It’s a slippery slope as we know. The relationship is fractious at the moment - some big steps are needed by the board to get it back on track. A simple - we got it wrong, we hear you, the friendly is cancelled, let’s move on and stay focussed on the real prize together… etc etc

Only person that’ll miss out is you OP.

Club won’t even notice your protest and you’ll miss out on tickets etc.

Are we really at this point anyway over a few statements?
They,'ll love folk like you m8.

That attitude is the very reason they can treat us like shit and get away with it.

That attitude is the very reason they can treat us like shit and get away with it.
Maybe there’s another way of looking at it, the guys getting the criticism have invested their life’s work and wealth into the club and are at the behest of fickle football fans.

The friendly is a massive error of judgement. I would say there’s next to no chance of it happening and there is work going on behind the scenes to get us out of it, hence the silence from the club at the moment.

10 years ago we were gearing up for life in division 3. As others have said, we are reigning champions, have had more European glory nights in 4 years than in my lifetime (I’m 38), preparing for a euro quarter final, have had Stevie G as manager, now with GvB and have spent millions (of their money) on players including £7m on Ryan Kent (which I never thought I would see again).

The friendly is a massive mistake which can be resolved, the statements are amateur but not the worst in the world. The board won’t get everything right but this militant call to arms to starve them of cash feels like 2015 all over again. Not for me.

In my wildest wildest dreams, back in those dark days, I never thought we would be back to where we are so quickly. That’s through a combo of our loyalty as fans, backing the club financially, and a small group of wealthy men who have gone above and beyond to also give their backing.

Football is fickle but we are making great strides and progress

I love folk like me as well mate, sensible folk who can take a breath and not dive in two footed.

You think the OP taking 60 quid out the club is going to signify change?

It’s Rangers there’s always going to be off field politics going on, I prefer to put that to one side and support the team.

Especially when the options available are only going to be self deprecating for individuals and have no impact on the powers at be.

Agree, this board has made mistakes but the positives outweigh the negatives. What we can’t allow though is another board (and I include this one) to be so distanced from the fans and out of step with our views. It’s a slippery slope as we know. The relationship is fractious at the moment - some big steps are needed by the board to get it back on track. A simple - we got it wrong, we hear you, the friendly is cancelled, let’s move on and stay focussed on the real prize together… etc etc

It won’t go ahead, I just hope whatever contractual wranglings there are, are sorted soon and it’s formally announced.

You raised the paedo issue. Like Celtic, Manchester City (and Southampton) have ex-coaches serving long prison sentences for such offences perpetrated against boys who were in their academy and coaching systems. So my question to you is should we refuse possible friendly games against these clubs.
Are you being serious?

Barry Bennell was connected to many clubs as well as Man City.

AFAIK City have apologised and paid substantial compensation

Other English clubs have done similar.

There is a HUGE difference between the way City and others dealt with these issues and the way Celtic behaved and continue to behave

ETA… I believe City did not have a case to answer as that beast Bennell was not a club employee but I’ve not googled any of this and going on memory. Point is you’re comparing Oranges and Pineapples

I’ve cancelled my automatic subscription to MyGers but it’s in protest at the scheme itself.
I think it’s wrong to have a membership scheme where it isn’t based on loyalty.
It’s based loosely on that but has been diluted to now mean thousands are chasing points in the hope they can stay in with the better chance of away tickets.
Rangers TV, Edmiston House, programmes all now added to the scheme.
If it’s not loyalty, and it’s what you spend then season tickets should have been factored in pro rata. That wouldn’t have been right either but it’s now been conflated to the extent that they are making it up as they go along now means I will no longer support it.
The Travel Club also being added into it makes a mockery of things as we could have Gold members who have never been to a Euro away game gaining tickets for potentially a semi final or final whereas some who have followed abroad for decades will have no chance.
The friendly is a poor decision but not unexpected given the drive to make money at all costs.

If we all cancel our mygers they might just need to have that Sydney trip to make up the shortfall in revenue.

Are you being serious?

Barry Bennell was connected to many clubs as well as Man City.

AFAIK City have apologised and paid substantial compensation

Other English clubs have done similar.

There is a HUGE difference between the way City and others dealt with these issues and the way Celtic behaved and continue to behave

ETA… I believe City did not have a case to answer as that beast Bennell was not a club employee but I’ve not googled any of this and going on memory. Point is you’re comparing Oranges and Pineapples
That is exactly what they are claiming.

There are loads of reasons we should be nowhere near a friendly with them but we can't use a court case that hasn't even taken place yet. If and when they are done is a different story altogether.

I emailed Robertson after the Australia friendly was announced and followed up two weeks later questioning his silence on the matter, and I received an alert to say I’d been blocked.
FFS. Robertson doesn't take too well to criticism then.

Poor effort from him IMHO

Are folk giving up season tickets as well?
Yes. I know a few.

Folk that are saying that cancelling this, that or the other are starving club of cash are viewing it wrongly imo.

The board (at least those responsible for certain aspects) are taking us for fools.

This situation would not have happened if they behaved and acted in a sensible way.

Setting up this freak show and then completely ignoring the fans is disgusting.

I love folk like me as well mate, sensible folk who can take a breath and not dive in two footed.

It’s Rangers there’s always going to be off field politics going on, I prefer to put that to one side and support the team.

Especially when the options available are only going to be self deprecating for individuals and have no impact on the powers at be.
Individually, no, however if enough of us done it then they’d notice

I’ll be renewing mygers purely for tickets but won’t be renewing RTV as I don’t use it and it’s a waste of £60 in my mind

If even 2000 didn’t renew RTV in protest, that’s the annual salary of 3 of the media team they’d need to find elsewhere

Scale it up and say 5000 don’t renew RTV, that’s over 1/4 of a million they’d need to find elsewhere. Collectively we can put pressure on the board

So we’ve just to accept every bad decision they make from this point on?

I respect the job they’ve done but they’re not above criticism and frankly it’s their customer service approach that angers me. Instead of fronting up to issues, they hide and hope staying silent will make things go away

This season I’ve already ploughed in roughly 3x the cost of my ST on mygers add ons + the share issue. I’ve not included merchandise or tickets in that. There’s literally thousands of fans that can say they’ve done that too yet we’re treated like the shit on their shoes

Why should we pretend everything’s ok purely because of the mess they got us out of in 2015? There comes a point we need to stop looking back

My season ticket is not in any danger and I will probably renew my MyGers even though it is of no benefit to me,I don’t know what line the club would need to cross before it got bad enough to Jack them in,

Yes i do as the ONLY way they will listen and change tact is when finances take a hit.

Until then we will continue to be treated with disdain.

So we’ve just to accept every bad decision they make from this point on?

I respect the job they’ve done but they’re not above criticism and frankly it’s their customer service approach that angers me. Instead of fronting up to issues, they hide and hope staying silent will make things go away

This season I’ve already ploughed in roughly 3x the cost of my ST on mygers add ons + the share issue. I’ve not included merchandise or tickets in that. There’s literally thousands of fans that can say they’ve done that too yet we’re treated like the shit on their shoes

Why should we pretend everything’s ok purely because of the mess they got us out of in 2015? There comes a point we need to stop looking back

A lot of the decision-making, though, is still based on those years as we tried not only to recover, but to close the gap.

I think we’re getting close to where we can ‘begin again’, so to have speak, and those years no longer dictate to the same extent.

Of course there were mishaps and mistakes. But I also think there are times when the support are unrealistic and unreasonable.

Agree on the customer service. It’s an area the Club have done poorly on - and one that should have been easier to get right. Honest communication goes a long way.

A lot of the decision-making, though, is still based on those years as we tried not only to recover, but to close the gap.

I think we’re getting close to where we can ‘begin again’, so to have speak, and those years no longer dictate to the same extent.

Of course there were mishaps and mistakes. But I also think there are times when the support are unrealistic and unreasonable.

Agree on the customer service. It’s an area the Club have done poorly on - and one that should have been easier to get right. Honest communication goes a long way.
That’s the thing though, both are intrinsic to the culture at rangers right now which manifests the ill-feeling

Mygers for example; it’s not much to expect rules to be outlined at the start of the reason and for the club to stick to them. Instead they make it up as they go along and deliberately mislead fans. They also denied errors took place even though this has been admitted off the record - why was this not revealed publicly and an apology offered

We were promised the ticketing system would be improved back in August following the ross county debacle. So far nothing has changed and the same errors are happening, so why did Robertson make a big deal about it? Empty words to be seen as if he was trying to sort it

I could give multiple other examples here but my point remains; they’ve had so much goodwill up to this season and as far as I’m concerned it’s evaporated due to their complete disregard of the fans. They genuinely treat us like pieces of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back