MyGers Thresholds/Away Ballots - October and January

It wouldn't take them forever, and remember the thresholds will not continually change upwards.

They will go up during the season as points are added on, and they will naturally come back down every summer as a year's worth of points drop off from 5 seasons ago.

So a new season ticket holder who ticks the box for all home games will accrue enough points over a 5 year period to be at least mid silver.
Further to this:

Season Ticket = 120 points
Attendance/Use of SeatSub at 19 home league games = 95 points
Average of at least 7 non-league home games (Europe, Domestic Cups) = 35 points

That's 250 points per season already for the new season ticket holder.

5 years of that = 1,250 points. That's without points for domestic away games etc.

Utter garbage. Hearts away was terrible too

Lyon was a better away end and had much less numbers
hearts away UB did well, was down with them and glad the sash got belted out

that hagi tav roofe bassey song is utter pish might I add

It wouldn't take them forever, and remember the thresholds will not continually change upwards.

They will go up during the season as points are added on, and they will naturally come back down every summer as a year's worth of points drop off from 5 seasons ago.

So a new season ticket holder who ticks the box for all home games will accrue enough points over a 5 year period to be at least mid silver.
I don’t agree with the add ons, but Rangers do. If a fan is prepared to buy stuff for points and another is not, then according to Rangers, one is more deserving. The one making the financial commitment that others won’t, should be rewarded. Not everyone can afford it - I couldn’t afford it. That’s why I work 3 jobs. Some make the sacrifices others won’t but we should all have the same opportunity…

The rules are set out. Everyone knows what they have to do. Either do it or don’t. But if you ain’t going to do it then don’t moan when you don’t get tickets.

15k off a full house on Friday there - the bulk of them not there I’d guess were silver and bronze - the reason why they are silver and bronze. But they want to moan that gold get all the tickets. Yet no one in gold has had more than 5 aways games this season in a ballot.

Further to this:

5 years of that = 1,250 points. That's without points for domestic away games etc.

We get 50 points for being MyGers members aswell don't we ?

hearts away UB did well, was down with them and glad the sash got belted out

that hagi tav roofe bassey song is utter pish might I add
I was in the upper section near the front, could hear 2/3 songs getting sung at the one time

UB done well considering numbers but in hindsight should’ve positioned themselves around row 11/12 in the upper to lead things

Hibs/Motherwell away when they stand front row of the upper tends to be the better atmospheres at away games

I was in the upper section near the front, could hear 2/3 songs getting sung at the one time

UB done well considering numbers but in hindsight should’ve positioned themselves around row 11/12 in the upper to lead things

Hibs/Motherwell away when they stand front row of the upper tends to be the better atmospheres at away games
billy boys !!!

proper Rangers song

What about someone like you (19) or even younger who`s just got their first season ticket?
They would take forever to progress from bronze the way that the points thresholds are continually changed upwards, unless they were in a fortunate financial position where they could spend large sums of money chalking up the additional points available . A massive part my life growing up was following Rangers away from home. Sadly I think there could be a generation that will miss out on that. It`s a closed shop imo.

The club would be potentially be losing a big chunk of the £1M a year that this scheme brings in if the members that are paying the most into it (number of Bronze/ sliver contributors that aren`t getting many or any away tickets ) Thought 'eff this £40/50 for maybe just maybe getting one ticket for an away game per season.
Sadly the fact is there will never be enough away tickets to satisfy the demand from our support will not change. But for this scheme to work people need to think that it isn`t just a cash grab from the club
At the same time that this system does benefit me and my, let’s be honest, selfish stance on away tickets. We can’t deny that the first part you’ve described is a massive issue with Mygers.

Further to this:

The points that are available to them are also available to the folk in the tiers above and will be picked up the same.
My point is that the tiers have moved upwards by the amount of points available for match attendance in recent updates and will continue to do so imo. There is no way on earth that the club will be happy for everyone to get to gold. the problem of of self entitlement will coming roaring back and we`ll be back to where we were in the CCS away allocation stage

At the same time that this system does benefit me and my, let’s be honest, selfish stance on away tickets. We can’t deny that the first part you’ve described is a massive issue with Mygers.
Part of the appeal of mygers was that people could pick and choose games, only applying for games they could actually attend

It then became apparent that people would just apply for everything anyway (as every single person foreseen being the case). The club had this dream that people would be honest and only take tickets they intended to use

So one of the benefits of mygers was nul and voided - further exacerbated by it being a ballot people opt in to. So people can still get tickets for games “randomly” without knowing if they’ll be able to attend, though this then affects them for future games

I’ve previously spoke about Parkhead (I don’t want to go into depth again about it as it’s been discussed to death). I’ve been fortune that I’ve been able to follow Rangers there numerous times, with 8000 and 800; some even went when we had 15000+ however future generations will never get to experience that due to allocation cut. But that allocation cut impacts every other game too because there’s around 14000 less tickets a season we used to get, all whilst demand has went up

Part of the appeal of mygers was that people could pick and choose games, only applying for games they could actually attend

It then became apparent that people would just apply for everything anyway (as every single person foreseen being the case). The club had this dream that people would be honest and only take tickets they intended to use

So one of the benefits of mygers was nul and voided - further exacerbated by it being a ballot people opt in to. So people can still get tickets for games “randomly” without knowing if they’ll be able to attend, though this then affects them for future games

I’ve previously spoke about Parkhead (I don’t want to go into depth again about it as it’s been discussed to death). I’ve been fortune that I’ve been able to follow Rangers there numerous times, with 8000 and 800; some even went when we had 15000+ however future generations will never get to experience that due to allocation cut. But that allocation cut impacts every other game too because there’s around 14000 less tickets a season we used to get, all whilst demand has went up
The less I say on the Parkhead situation, the better. I’ll end up with a permanent ban.

But yeah, the general opinion is that Mygers needs to be revamped already. And it’s not that much of a surprise. Trusting the ticket office to get this right is impossible.

Did the club ever release the findings/key points from the mygers survey they done?

Did action points ever get released from the focus groups? I know @Crouchy asked numerous times

The points that are available to them are also available to the folk in the tiers above and will be picked up the same.
My point is that the tiers have moved upwards by the amount of points available for match attendance in recent updates and will continue to do so imo. There is no way on earth that the club will be happy for everyone to get to gold. the problem of of self entitlement will coming roaring back and we`ll be back to where we were in the CCS away allocation stage
No, it's a rolling 5 year period so for those existing ST holders their points from 5 years ago will drop off at the end of each season. Whereas the new ST holder will not have any points that drop off each season so they will naturally catch up with the pack. That's my point.

The less I say on the Parkhead situation, the better. I’ll end up with a permanent ban.

But yeah, the general opinion is that Mygers needs to be revamped already. And it’s not that much of a surprise. Trusting the ticket office to get this right is impossible.
The reality is that only a few will end up with more away games than under the old CCCS. The majority will end up with less. But we are all having to now pay for it. Rangers will argue it’s not an away scheme - but it is. If you took away semi and finals and away tickets, Euro aways, and charged £40, no one would join.

No, it's a rolling 5 year period so for those existing ST holders their points from 5 years ago will drop off at the end of each season. Whereas the new ST holder will not have any points that drop off each season so they will naturally catch up with the pack. That's my point.
If everyone currently on this scheme earns the same points over a five year period then they will more or less be the same. No chance that will happen.
My point is the same issue of ' I missed a cup final ticket and I`ve been a season ticket holder for 100 years. That`s ridiculous!!' will be back with us. and this will be back to square one.

There isn`t a big enough change in season ticket holders for this not to happen

Is there a campaign starting for mygers points based on your contribution to a good away end ?
X factor type auditions to see how can sing the loudest, aggressive flag waving gets extra points as does bouncing

If everyone currently on this scheme earns the same points over a five year period then they will more or less be the same. No chance that will happen.
My point is the same issue of ' I missed a cup final ticket and I`ve been a season ticket holder for 100 years. That`s ridiculous!!' will be back with us. and this will be back to square one.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how it works in practice. Especially if they switch to a 3 year rolling period which will mean even more people are congested together on similar points totals.

The main differential will be Euro Aways, depending on our European run and how many qualifiers we play they could be over 100 points a season available on them.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how it works in practice. Especially if they switch to a 3 year rolling period which will mean even more people are congested together on similar points totals.
I don`t think that we will ever get to the stage where there is congestion.
I also think that this should be a scheme where only match attendance counts.

The main differential will be Euro Aways, depending on our European run and how many qualifiers we play they could be over 100 points a season available on them.
But it`s pretty much only gold members that will be able to get them. So the divide will always be there.

But it`s pretty much only gold members that will be able to get them. So the divide will always be there.

It depends on who we draw and when. This season hasn't been a good barometer as the only 'proper' Euro trip was Brondby which had a relatively small allocation

It depends on who we draw and when. This season hasn't been a good barometer as the only 'proper' Euro trip was Brondby which had a relatively small allocation
Obviously. But there will not very likely be many games that someone who isn`t gold will get.

Imo MyGers should be only for domestic games and it should be a straight ballot for all members with the exception of certain games (cat A etc)

Obviously. But there will not very likely be many games that someone who isn`t gold will get.

Imo MyGers should be only for domestic games and it should be a straight ballot for all members with the exception of certain games (cat A etc)
I think the gamechanger would be the club re-implementing collection in the host city for Euro aways (with proper ID checks at the collection point). It would be interesting to see how many Gold members didn't apply for Brondby because I'd guess it won't be many. With the tickets being posted out, the logical thing to do was apply for the tickets whether you intended to travel or not.

I’m convinced that’s what it’ll move back to, only we’ll all be paying £40 for it where as away CCCS was free

There’s an argument as to whether away CCCS should’ve been free considering TC was £20 but to be charged £40 for something we got for £0 will be a sore one

Maybe it was a ploy by the club to do a soft introduction for a paid sway scheme

I think the gamechanger would be the club re-implementing collection in the host city for Euro aways (with proper ID checks at the collection point). It would be interesting to see how many Gold members didn't apply for Brondby because I'd guess it won't be many. With the tickets being posted out, the logical thing to do was apply for the tickets whether you intended to travel or not.

Is this not the same thing ?

There is no difference between it happening for domestic games and Euro games, other than the difference in MyGers points.

Even the first game of season 50% of season tickets not getting in yet there was folk on here openly admitting they got one from a mate.

Is this not the same thing ?

There is no difference between it happening for domestic games and Euro games, other than the difference in MyGers points.

Even the first game of season 50% of season tickets not getting in yet there was folk on here openly admitting they got one from a mate.
Of course, I’ve always believed European tickets should be collected in the host city

I’m convinced that’s what it’ll move back to, only we’ll all be paying £40 for it where as away CCCS was free

There’s an argument as to whether away CCCS should’ve been free considering TC was £20 but to be charged £40 for something we got for £0 will be a sore one

Maybe it was a ploy by the club to do a soft introduction for a paid sway scheme

What loyalty did the TC reward though, sorry or benefit the Club ?

There are a high number of folk go to the Euro away games and rarely set foot in Ibrox, some don’t reside in the UK never mind Scotland.

There are a high number of folk go to the Euro away games and rarely set foot in Ibrox, some don’t reside in the UK never mind Scotland.
TC was good, it worked easily

Direct income; Membership fees each season made the club £, they made £ on official day trips

Indirect income; use pictures of the fans in marketing

TC was good, it worked easily
Direct income; Membership fees each season made the club £, they made £ on official day trips

Indirect income; use pictures of the fans in marketing

It worked easily but became a closed shop.

TC for some is the equivalent of Silver and Bronze MyGers but half the price, some paid £20 per season to get nothing.

What £ made on official day trips is not made now ? Same with indirect income ? I don’t follow ?

TC for some is the equivalent of Silver and Bronze MyGers but half the price, some paid £20 per season to get nothing.

What £ made on official day trips is not made now ? Same with indirect income ? I don’t follow ?
They don’t make the £20 for membership as ex-TC essentially get it for free considering it’s included in mygers

Also, it was far from a closed shop. I went from 0 points to being on double figures over 2 seasons because I took all my holidays from work around euro games. I made sacrifices to follow the team, to ensure I was guaranteed tickets for more glamorous games

Has there ever been a 'normal' euro season where someone would have got 0 tickets ? Even if you started on 0 and got a KB from the first few games surely by getting points for those games it would have put you in a good position for later games that season ?

it didnt really now did it

You could afford to be selective at the start with the TC if you didn’t go to games to get at least a base of a couple of points, you might have missed out on some smaller allocations but when the time came to the bigger games if you had 5/6 points you were guaranteed a ticket.

Going back to 2008 I think you needed 8 for Florence which still stands as a record but obviously was an anomaly of a season with so many aways played plus we had a decent number in 06/07 as well.

That was until they stopped pick up away and then things started to go downhill. Previously yes you could play the system a bit with fake itineraries and lookalike pick ups but there wasn’t the widespread abuse that you see with tickets posted.

Long post really for me to say the TC worked well and shouldn’t have been messed with.

Plenty qualifiers to go to and build points up

Problem is the moaners just want to to to the glamour group games and then moan like %^*& about a closed shop

Still feel the club missed a trick by not awarding extra points to those that go in the official trip rather than independent as official trips give the club more money

P.S I am only joking before anyone gets upset

They don’t make the £20 for membership as ex-TC essentially get it for free considering it’s included in mygers

Also, it was far from a closed shop. I went from 0 points to being on double figures over 2 seasons because I took all my holidays from work around euro games. I made sacrifices to follow the team, to ensure I was guaranteed tickets for more glamorous games
The travel club was as far from a closed shop as you could get. Anyone could join and be maximum points after 3 seasons just by going to all the games. Even if they weren't awarded a ticket for the first couple of games they got the points for applying.

Still feel the club missed a trick by not awarding extra points to those that go in the official trip rather than independent as official trips give the club more money

P.S I am only joking before anyone gets upset
That would be an incredible thread hahaha

The travel club was as far from a closed shop as you could get. Anyone could join and be maximum points after 3 seasons just by going to all the games. Even if they weren't awarded a ticket for the first couple of games they got the points for applying.
Always feel the people that say closed shop either weren’t in it or didn’t properly understand how it worked.

It might’ve had that feel since those on top points tended to go everywhere and had done for years but one look at the make up of our euro support shows there’s a load of younger fans that went

You’ve illustrated my point. They should have a set of rules they stick to, they mentioned Celtic being gold only but not hearts. They also didn’t mention anywhere at the time that europe would be top down

I’ve been consistent all along - the club aren’t clear on what the rules are and they shouldn’t be publishing rules at the start of the season and sticking to them

Hearts was exceptional circumstances given the allocation was cut dramatically but that’s why the club should’ve had a rule in place - any allocation of under X will be balloted between gold only. That meant, come hearts, that silvers/bronze didn’t kick off the way they did when the club sent the Hearts email out
Agree with everything you’ve said there.

It was just the questioning of Bronze members having the opportunity for Aberdeen tickets as opposed to them not having the opportunity at Hearts tickets that I didn’t agree with, as the club have previously said Celtic was the only exception to this.

As you’ve said, if they come out at the beginning of the season and say ‘any allocation below X will be balloted to Gold members only’ I don’t think anybody can complain and they then have a clear strategy which people can either sign up to or not.

Back