Naismith running his mouth

Do you blame him?
I don't fucking trust the shower of shite currently masquerading as Rangers players to get a result on Sunday FFS.

If his team comes out and has a go at us, fair enough. We all complain about teams with no belief, no desire etc sitting in against us. Can't have it both ways.

Is he?

He's implying that we have fluked our way through the season. He's a disingenuous, horrible wee cnut and he knows it. It rips my knitting that he played for us.

A good player though when fit. But definitely a tit.

You'd never catch Derek McInnes talking in a derogatory way like that, even if he was trying to noise things up with mind games.
What bit do you disagree with?

He's got every right, we are a laughing stock and any team in the league will fancy their chances against us just now.

At his press conference. Questioning our mentality and saying we've been lucky when we were on a good run. If our senior players have any pride they should be itching to get it right up him.
Defo, shocking wee snide comments from an ex player.

I was feeling a bit of apathy for Sunday but now I'll be right up for getting into them.

Manager lesson 101, never criticise your next opponents publicly.

Is he?

He's implying that we have fluked our way through the season. He's a disingenuous, horrible wee cnut and he knows it. It rips my knitting that he played for us.

A good player though when fit. But definitely a tit.

You'd never catch Derek McInnes talking in a derogatory way like that, even if he was trying to noise things up with mind games.
When Gerrard was here,McInnes had plenty to say when he was sheep manager.

He's entitled to his opinion but it always looks a bit tacky / unprofessional commenting on another team . No doubt if we beat them the match officials will be accused of the usual West of Scotland / Rangers bias to deflect from hearts being pish.

Last edited:
What people are saying is that we don't have enough bluenoses in the team, and they'd be correct.

But we need bluenoses who are good enough to make the difference.

Unfortunately, those are in short supply.

Those who are somehow making out that Naismith was a top class act in a Rangers jersey are being generous. He was dilligent and effective most of the time with an eye for goal, but there was many an occasion where he was largely anonymous. The fact that he allowed Willie Mackay to persuade him to say what he did says a lot about his levels of unhealthy conceit.

All the excuses and humble apologies in the world will never make up for that monumental error in judgement.

All we need is some hard of thinking simpletons to suggest he could be a future Rangers manager.

Walter Smith was the reason.
Said it the other night.

Smith would have reset the teams mentality after the Motherwell loss (which could obviously happen to a smith team, ocassional losses) and we would have taken care of Celtic (or at least given everything for 90 mins trying) and then BY HOOK OR BY CROOK he would have got the 1 goal wins over Ross County and Dundee.

What bit do you disagree with?
Saying that we are lucky. And the way he says it.

All he needed to say was that the Rangers mentality would've been shaken by recent results and that he believes that his Hearts team are well placed to exploit Rangers' current issues. But no, he wants to insinuate that we have been helped by the vagaries of fate. He's that thick that he doesn't realise that his words can be misconstrued by others, i.e. the yahoos in the VAR squabbles.

He's arrogant and full of his own importance.

Saying that we are lucky. And the way he says it.

All he needed to say was that the Rangers mentality would've been shaken by recent results and that he believes that his Hearts team are well placed to exploit Rangers' current issues. But no, he wants to insinuate that we have been helped by the vagaries of fate. He's that thick that he doesn't realise that his words can be misconstrued by others, i.e. the yahoos in the VAR squabbles.

He's arrogant and full of his own importance.
He has got your knickers in a twist so he is not as daft as you think and is enjoying winding us up.
He is not employed by us so he can say what he wants to be fair. Doesn’t need to sugar coat anything

Let’s be brutally honest if a Hearts team canny put one over these Bunch of charlatans! They need to have a long hard like inside their dressing room. I’d be licking my lips if I was Shankland & co!

When Gerrard was here,McInnes had plenty to say when he was sheep manager.
Yes. And he played up to the arseholes in the sheep support as you would expect. But I don't recall him being offensively derogatory.

Will happily be corrected if wrong though.

He has got your knickers in a twist so he is not as daft as you think and is enjoying winding us up.
He is not employed by us so he can say what he wants to be fair. Doesn’t need to sugar coat anything
Trust me pal, my knickers are far from twisted.

He's a wee knob. And the people in here defending him and lauding him for supposedly having the attributes that we are lacking should have a word with themselves.

Our team are a set of jokers who are as weak as f*ck. Still hand his team their arse anytime we play them, what does that say about him and his pishy team?!

If they don’t beat us Sunday they never will and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with him fancying it, of course he will after watching us last night - but as usual he takes it a step too far.

Trust me pal, my knickers are far from twisted.

He's a wee knob. And the people in here defending him and lauding him for supposedly having the attributes that we are lacking should have a word with themselves.
Maybe not in a twist but he has got you annoyed and my point is he is allowed to say what he thinks. I can’t disagree with anything he has said

Maybe not in a twist but he has got you annoyed and my point is he is allowed to say what he thinks. I can’t disagree with anything he has said
And my point is a 'real' bluenose wouldn't act in the way that he does. When he is being disingenuous with his comments he deserves criticism. And, for good measure, when people conveniently forget his past indiscretions and look to promote and overinflate his worth during his time at Ibrox, I'll chip my two bob's worth in and question it.

But hey, each to their own.

I'll leave it there. ;)

I've just watched the interview. I'll be honest I'm not seeing the issues that some others are.

He was asked a direct question about our dip in form and if he was surprised. Like it or not, Naismith is qualified to comment on this as he knows what it takes to win titles at Rangers.

If folk are being honest with themselves, I'm not sure what there was to disagree with. In fact this board has been littered with comments very similar to his since the weekend.

I don't like Naismith but, I certainly don't give a shit about him telling the truth on this occasion. I suspect that it's the source, rather than the message itself, which is really pissing people off here. Maybe he should've swerved the question. Really can't say it bothers me that he didn't.

Last edited:
The players should use it as motivation, sadly they will probably have been scared by his comments and fold like a cheap suit once again.

Whether he had any pride or not is irrelevant as he showed up when it mattered for the club.

There's a generation who haven't seen that sort of commitment from a Rangers side who knew how to win the big games.
That's a scary point when thinking about it, why are we seemingly incapable of finding the Ferguson's, Durrants, Browns etc.

That's a filthy Judas rodent cxnt right there.

Fxck that prick. Never a Rangers man, will never be accepted by the support and never welcome back at our club.

I’m very happy he said that. Hopefully more people will keep saying it and it will really make it clear to Clement that he needs more players with a winning mentality in the team.

After the last 2 games can you blame people have chucked it for the season? We seem to be on the downward slide and personally I can't see a way back now. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Plenty time for post mortems and reflection on what went wrong, when all is lost. We're not there yet.

I understand the exasperation, but the venom being directed at the squad and manager, who was being lauded as the real deal 4 weeks ago, is ridiculous.

Folk complaining about Naismith when the vitriol directed at our own in here, is 10 times worse.

Win Sunday and the filth slip up at Dens, it's all to play for.

Don’t blame Naismith. And wouldn’t surprised if Hearts sell the rest of their tickets now. Were there for taking tbh. %^*& sake!

He’s just watched our last 3 games no wonder he’s shouting his mouth off.
The way we’re playing we’re going to make him look like the new Pep this Sunday.

Say what you want about him now but if we had players like him now you know for a fact they would show up when it counts and they would go and win the last 5 games and win the league he knew exactly what it took to play and win for us

Steven Naismith could have been a Rangers great, and had a relationship with the fans for the rest of his life, but he threw that away and now he’s just another mouthpiece. %^*& him.

I've just watched the interview. I'll be honest I'm not seeing the issues that some others are.

He was asked a direct question about our dip in form and if he was surprised. Like it or not, Naismith is qualified to comment on this as he knows what it takes to win titles at Rangers.

If folk are being honest with themselves, I'm not sure what there was to disagree with. In fact this board has been littered with comments very similar to his since the weekend.

I don't like Naismith but, I certainly don't give a shit about him telling the truth on this occasion. I suspect that it's the source, rather than the message itself, which is really pissing people off here. Maybe he should've swerved the question. Really can't say it bothers me that he didn't.
Aye I’d probably be more annoyed if I didn’t more or less agree with him

His team play us in a semi final and we're struggling, of course he's gonna have a go at us.

He's the opposing manager. I don't know why people on here are so precious that this upsets them.

The shittiest thing about is he is pretty accurate going by sterlings interview and the usual mob who throw it in after February

Our senior players have no pride in their performance, the penny must surely have dropped with you after the Dundee game, our team is full of cowards, there's not one real Rangers man in the squad.
I fully expect Hearts to beat us in the semi final, why? because they will be more determined, hungrier, and prepared to put themselves on the line, if they watched us against Dundee they will be brimming with confidence.

Back