Napoli

cloodie

Official Ticketer
Just read ont the BBC that they are now 18 points clear in Serie A. That's an incredible gap they've opened up.

Shows just how up against it we were in the CL when they were the Pot 3 team, which is the one you'd normally be hoping to take some points off.

a2e6b8e6d4d178bd7bc94601fe2ef891.png

Think if juve never got a points reduction they would be closer but that's not their fault...they are a brilliant side.
Seems I'm wrong on that point:)

Shows just how up against it we were in the CL when they were the Pot 3 team, which is the one you'd normally be hoping to take some points off.
It was as tough a group as we could have got, and even if it hadn’t been for us being so disgracefully poor, we would probably still have finished bottom of it.

To be fair, we were toe to toe with Napoli at Ibrox for an hour until the sending off and perhaps we should have taken something from Ajax at home too, but I think most of us just want to erase the whole shameful debacle from our memory.

The goal difference is unreal in comparison to everyone else

They really looked like a special team against us

We were right in the game at Ibrox until the sending off though

Anyone know what the record points gap is between 1st and 2nd in Serie A? Had a look online but couldn't find it.

Just read ont the BBC that they are now 18 points clear in Serie A. That's an incredible gap they've opened up.

The problem was ajax and Liverpool who have really been poor this season and we couldn't lay a glove on them

Anyone know what the record points gap is between 1st and 2nd in Serie A? Had a look online but couldn't find it.
Juve won it by 17 points in 2013/14. Not sure if that is the biggest gap ever, but they got the most points ever that season with 102.

Edit - Inter with 22 points in 2006/07 appears to be the biggest, but this was in the middle of the calciopoli scandal.

Two of the best players in Europe ATM. Most inform team by far, would beat City, Bayern, Real right now. Seems to be opened right up for them.

Champs & Serie A double IMO.

If only Diego was still here.

Found a couple of diamonds in Kim and Kvarartskhelia in the summer there.

Not much expected at the start of the season but they have been absolutely superb.

Dark horses for the CL 100%
Helps aswell that Lobotka, Rui, Politano, Zielelnski seem to have turned their form into a side this season.

They were probably the team we played the best against as well. At Ibrox anyway.

We were well in the game until the red card.

Outstanding side though and was good to see them live.

Two of the best players in Europe ATM. Most inform team by far, would beat City, Bayern, Real right now. Seems to be opened right up for them.

Would fancy them against most over 2 legs anyway just now. A one-off final obviously is different. I think whoever (if anyone) beats Napoli they will win it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a gap in Serie A.
They've dropped only seven points!

Napoli wasn’t our problem, it was getting thumped twice off ajax who weren’t that great but we made them look it. Folk were bumming them up but they weren’t better than any of the teams we faced in the knockout stages of last years europa

I remember when the draw was made people thinking we should be aiming for 4 points against them!

Definitely strong contenders for the CL this season.

Aye we have some absolute wallopers in our support.

Ironically, the first 60 minutes of our game at Ibrox was as well as we played in that campaign. Thought we matched them.

Aye we have some absolute wallopers in our support.

Ironically, the first 60 minutes of our game at Ibrox was as well as we played in that campaign. Thought we matched them.

They sold some of their traditional best players, most people even in Italy were not expecting a whole lot from this season.

Can’t see who would knock them out of the CL to be honest.

Although it must be a very strange situation for their supporters when this seasons team could overtake the Maradona side as their greatest ever.

It was as tough a group as we could have got, and even if it hadn’t been for us being so disgracefully poor, we would probably still have finished bottom of it.

To be fair, we were toe to toe with Napoli at Ibrox for an hour until the sending off and perhaps we should have taken something from Ajax at home too, but I think most of us just want to erase the whole shameful debacle from our memory.
The Liverpool game at Ibrox was in the balance until Goldson was injured, then we just fell apart

Would love to see Napoli do the Serie A and Champions League double.
As would I because come the summer the manager will be gone as will half the team, all for astronomical sums and they'll find it difficult to replicate that next season.

Would be a good final Napoli V's Bayern , but I can't see past the Germans this year .

Third seeds in the group, what chance have you got. Having said that, the seasons that Liverpool and Ajax are having, if we had a full squad and a coach that gave us a fighting chance we mightve got a europa place

The Liverpool game at Ibrox was in the balance until Goldson was injured, then we just fell apart
I turned and said exactly this to the guy sitting next me in CD - Goldson and Davis looked great. Firmino was the only one causing problems in the first half, clever player.

Goldson replaced by 18yo King, then Jack went down at the start of the second to be replaced by 38yo Davis.

5min later Salah, Tiago and Jota were standing on the touchline waiting to come on. Our lack of depth brutally exposed.

I actually look out for their games now but never had any interest in them before this season. Great team to watch. When they win the league again Naples will be something else.

So how does that work with Liverpool being so off the pace?

Liverpool being 'off the pace' even with their resources should be more than good enough to beat us. Sure there are some PL teams beating them but everyone of them has a budget that far exceeds ours.
We were told/led to believe the other teams were on a different planet.

Only Napoli, having a surprise season comes close.

But seeing as you brought up budget, why are we struggling week by week with teams with no budget close to our own?

And remember, you are the one who brought up budgets and excession.

Back