Nathan-coombes

Mulholland seems another one who talks in cliches but when it comes to the crunch he hasn’t produced in all honesty. About time we went and got people in these positions with a proven track record.

your name certainly suits your post , academy can provide the players going on how successful it’s been recently it’s another thing the first team manager selecting them , bit harsh looking to replace someone who’s doing a good job but has no sway on first team selections

I can understand the anxiousness to see these young guys given their chance, it is perhaps the most exciting aspect of supporting a club to see a young player come through and make it in your team.

However, when you see how clubs get away with kicking fck out of our players, then perhaps you can see why our coaching staff are careful in exposing our youngsters to some of the brutality of other Scottish sides.
Had we thrown a youngster into that match on Tuesday Clancy would have allowed him to be kicked off the park!

Quite a dilemma!

That being kicked off the park shit is actually boring the tits off me now, it’s not effecting any other manager in our league selecting a young player, if there good enough there old enough

That being kicked off the park shit is actually boring the tits off me now, it’s not effecting any other manager in our league selecting a young player, if there good enough there old enough

We gave Atakayi his debut this season. 7 minutes I think he lasted before going off with an injury that kept him out for 3 months. Probably just 'bad luck' - since I don't think a foul was given.:rolleyes:

Every team in the country has youth academy players playing in their first team apart from us. It’s baffling.
From what I have seen our youths are a year or so younger and smaller in many cases and need a bit more time. Think the future is bright in a year or so

I agree there is definitely 4/5 who could and should be given a chance mcpake ,Kennedy ,finlayson,Dickson,miller could all hold there own given a chance but we have to be brave ,we will only know if we try though

From what I’ve seen of him, he’s a different type of player.

Also very slight compared to Morelos, so jobber defenders in the SPL would chew him up and the media up here would love them for it....

So true , only country were a 30 yard defensive header is lauded , always against us mind .

He came through before Mulholland.
McCrorie is in the squad every week... So what you are saying is we should play our young players because everyone else does? Despite the fact they may not be good enough yet?

Who do you suggest we fling in the deep end then big guy?

McCrorie is in the squad every week... So what you are saying is we should play our young players because everyone else does? Despite the fact they may not be good enough yet?

Who do you suggest we fling in the deep end then big guy?

If we don’t have youth good enough to be playing ahead of Grezda, Coulibaly, Lafferty, Halliday, Jones them we need better people in charge of our academy.

You keep defending mediocrity though, son.

If we don’t have youth good enough to be playing ahead of Grezda, Coulibaly, Lafferty, Halliday, Jones them we need better people in charge of our academy.

You keep defending mediocrity though, son.
I'm not defending mediocrity and if you could read then you'd see that. I'm saying the reason no youth are in the team is because there's no better options... Who's better than the names you listed in the youths?

I'm not defending mediocrity and if you could read then you'd see that. I'm saying the reason no youth are in the team is because there's no better options... Who's better than the names you listed in the youths?

You’re tripping yourself up here.

If there’s no youth good enough to be ahead of the dross in our squad then the people running the academy clearly aren’t good enough at their job.

If there’s no youth good enough to be ahead of the dross in our squad then the people running the academy clearly aren’t good enough at their job.

You're tripping yourself up. It's took you about 7 posts to actually make your point. You said there were no youths in our team, but there are.

I'm glad you finally got there in the end, though.

There is youths coming through so the people in charge are doing ok just think we need be patient we can't fling all in at once ,just hope we get to see a little of some of them during the end of season.

You're going too far here.
There probably isn't a youth player capable of replacing one of those listed.
It takes more than raw talent.
Would you really expose one of our decent kids just now.
Into a struggling team?
With our "support"?

Back