Nathan Oduwa - Now playing for Dundalk

Junior Ganymede

RoI league football's sh1t, is it not?
Not even good enough for an English League 2 team? He's been on a downward spiral since he left Rangers. What happened to that boy?

Unfortunately flicks and tricks is slowly dying in the game and that was his game. Flashes of brilliance then missing for large periods. His goal vs st mirren (I think) where he beat about 7 defenders was brilliance.

Unfortunately flicks and tricks is slowly dying in the game and that was his game. Flashes of brilliance then missing for large periods. His goal vs st mirren (I think) where he beat about 7 defenders was brilliance.
I always thought he'd be more suited to the continental game. Maybe flicks and tricks were all that he had.

Mind Murty, and a whole load of fans, preferred him to Morelos. A man who, in the time since, has become our record European goalscorer. Unbelievable.

Also, how quickly, thinking about that record, has Morelos now racked up all those goals!
A certain few probably still do ffs.

The flick against Alloa is the funniest thing I've ever seen.
He was fantastic in a game at home to Raith Rovers. Absolutely destroyed them.

Mind Murty, and a whole load of fans, preferred him to Morelos. A man who, in the time since, has become our record European goalscorer. Unbelievable.

Also, how quickly, thinking about that record, has Morelos now racked up all those goals!

When you put it like that - it's quite bonkers

I tried to find this to jog the memory but couldn’t. Could only find one record of a goal for him for us and it was a tap-in against Dumbarton.

Strikes me as one of those guys that can do a million keepy ups and catch the baw behind his neck etc... brilliant at 5s, but just can’t translate it to actual football

Are you thinking of his assist against Raith Rovers?

He wasn’t very good let’s be honest

Some fancy tricks was all he had.

Called it at the time and still recall folk on here having a go and some genuinely believed he’d end up a star at EPL level.

Mental

I assume they're a full-time professional team?

Must be paying reasonable wages or he would be at a League 2 side.

Dundalk are a professional team and playing in the Europa league group stages. I’d say they would be around league 1 level in England. Or a mid table Premiership side in Scotland
Considering the showing of Scottish teams in Europe they'd probably be third in the SPFL. No Scottish teams other than us and them are capable of making the EL.

Why are people always looking to slate players that used to play for us?

It is honestly pathetic and I feel quite sorry for the people who do it. They must lead sad lives.

Oduwa today, Foderingham a couple of days ago and even Zelalem in this thread that has nothing to do with him. These three players at least gave a lot of effort for us while they played for us but people need to go out of their way to be negative.

‘Oh look at me I said he was shite when he played for us years ago, now he’s playing for a shite team. Aren’t I some sort of football oracle’ seems to be the attitude.

Why are people always looking to slate players that used to play for us?

It is honestly pathetic and I feel quite sorry for the people who do it. They must lead sad lives.

Oduwa today, Foderingham a couple of days ago and even Zelalem in this thread that has nothing to do with him. These three players at least gave a lot of effort for us while they played for us but people need to go out of their way to be negative.

‘Oh look at me I said he was shite when he played for us years ago, now he’s playing for a shite team. Aren’t I some sort of football oracle’ seems to be the attitude.

Wee zel took a fucking grand penalty against the mhanks. He had everyone worrying and it was the best oot of the lot

Sorry

Don't remember him, not Hyndman, nor that skinny wee guy from Arsenal who took the initiative out of every forward move, nor that big central midfielder who ended up at Aberdeen. nor that fvckin useless destroyer who named himself after me.

Nor Franny Jeffers, nor that big Ogul guy, nor Subo, nor that fanny Hearts hacker cvnt.

Nor that Killie prick.

I could walk past the guy on the street and not recognise him!
Quietly confident I’ll recognise and remember this season’s team though!

Strikes me as one of those guys that can do a million keepy ups and catch the baw behind his neck etc... brilliant at 5s, but just can’t translate it to actual football
Some fives players are good at 11s too. Aribo and Kamara are cage five players

You are thinking about the run v Raith Rovers? Not sure he scored it in the end up. May have assisted

Yeah I've watched it again and it was that im thinking of.

To say my memory is hazy from them years is an understatement, though I did think at the time 'wow this guys class'.

Bit of a let down from then on though.

I remember a fella and, who I'm assuming was his daughter, jumping about in Bar72 celebrating when the team sheets were handed out before a game and Morelos was dropped and Cummings was in. You'd have thought they'd won the lottery. Sticks in my mind so clearly as it was so bizarre.

Also had Russell Martin in front of Bruno Alves. I know Alves wasn't at his best with us, but he's gone on to play over 30 games a season in Series A since he left us, so clearly still had decent ability. Plus, I mean, Russell Martin!

Back