Nathan Tormey On trial

It’s one of two areas we need addressing.
However, we need someone closer to the level of Kent rather than a punt at this point

Be interesting to see if he does ok on trial.

He will be extremely rusty so can see us giving him a short term contract with options based on appearances.

He was good up here against the SPL dross.

Down there he's looked absolutely average.
Debatable. I live in London, and 3 of the lads at work are arsenal fans. They all love him. One of them even went as far as saying behind Robertson he’s the best LB in the league. Can’t say I’ve watched arsenal much since he went there, but they do seem to think he’s doing a job for them

He’s too lightweight at EPL reserve level never mind SPFL level

Arsenal have been signing loads of players at that level to fill the squad so they can loan their better prospects out. Signed rejects from Huddersfield, Spurs etc and some Norwegian player from like the 3rd division over there
Tormey is miles behind the likes of Cottrell, Azeez, Balogun, John-Jules, Olayinka etc never mind Saka, Nelson, Willock

No doubt Tormey was offered a deal to be a squad filler at that level which is why he’s left.
Sorry bud, but that’s too far.
I know the EPL clubs throw money around like confetti but, this suggestion is just too far.
They could promote from within for less and backfill from lower down the age groups.

Arsenal are my english team and I'll admit I've never even heard of the boy. Might have got lost in all the hype for Saka, Martinelli etc but at 20 I'd have expected to see him in the occasional squad if he was held in decent regard. Unless he has and I've not noticed
I don’t think anybody would expect him to be good enough for first team selection, to be honest.

On the contrary, having an option to come on left or through the middle, on a free, would be excellent. We don't have any width or real pace outside kent, so would be great to have an option. Whether this kid is good enough, we will learn soon enough. Glad we are looking at a wide player though, think we need a wide player and central midfielder to complete our business

Hoping this means Aribo/Hagi could drop into the 2 sitting in the easier games. Would provide creativity and guile from deep.

I do agree though, we are still missing something in the centre of the park. Jack's fitness, Davis' age and Kamara's inconsistency aren't enough to see out the season. I wont tell Gerrard the players he needs in midfield though.

I like the sound of a player who is willing to walk away from easy money at a club like Arsenal to get 1st team football.
All credit to him,he could've sat and took the money,but he seems desperate to play. Hopefully he impresses. As has been said,if Arsenal have offered him a 3year deal,he must have something about him. I don't mind us going down this road,we got Buffalo for next to nothing and if we can uncover a few more of those players,then I'm all for it.

For Bournemouth, it was a hell of a gamble.

At the time, most thought he was a £10-12m player.

A very expensive failure.
I agree, but because the PL is so money rich the fees are inevitably going to inflate. That price doesn't help a young player who isn't even an established first team player.

He was good up here against the SPL dross.

Down there he's looked absolutely average.
Don’t know what games you’ve watched down south buys he’s been one of their top 3 players most weeks he’s played

doesn’t make you more staunch saying an ex mentally challenged is average or pi5h

just makes you pathetic and possibly 10 years old

Is it wrong that at the age of 20 I feel he should be judged on his ability to make an impact on the 1st team this season?

The fact he knocked back the security of a 3 year deal to go in search of 1st team football seems to suggest he has the right attitude.

The fact he knocked back the security of a 3 year deal to go in search of 1st team football seems to suggest he has the right attitude.
Yes, agreed. This combined with the fact Arsenal offered the new contract means he must have ability to go along with the attitude.

It could indicate that he either has a great deal of confidence in his ability, or that he's had a better offer somewhere else.

Sorry bud, but that’s too far.
I know the EPL clubs throw money around like confetti but, this suggestion is just too far.
They could promote from within for less and backfill from lower down the age groups.
Arsenal have a load of talent that in that age group and have adopted a new policy(Chelsea/City) of trying to loan out players they can make money on

the younger players like Azeez, Cirjan, Oyegoke etc have just been promoted but Arsenal will still keep older boys around at that level to fill in gaps. They signed Dinzeyi, Lewis and the boy from Huddersfield to help the younger boys at that level
Teams down their do that, Man United signed McBurnie on loan before because they needed a striker for that level

Last edited:
Don’t know what games you’ve watched down south buys he’s been one of their top 3 players most weeks he’s played

doesn’t make you more staunch saying an ex mentally challenged is average or pi5h

just makes you pathetic and possibly 10 years old

You're wasting your time with this.

There was a few posters on here that still maintained Van Dijk was a diddy even after when he had signed for Liverpool :))

Arsenal have a load of talent that in that age group and have adopted a new policy(Chelsea/City) of trying to loan out players they can make money on

the younger players like Azeez, Corona, Oyegoke etc have just been promoted but Arsenal will still keep older boys around at that level to fill in gaps. They signed Dinzeyi, Lewis and the boy from Huddersfield to help the younger boys at that level
Teams down their do that, Man United signed McBurnie on loan before because they needed a striker for that level
Fair enough bud.
You seem to know the story.

May I introduce to you, Kieran Tierney
Are you suggesting Tierney isn’t a good footballer?
However we viewed him in the past, he’s now at Arsenal and a talented left sided player.
His previous leanings shouldn’t cloud our judgement

Never heard of him but like others have said-If he was 20 years old and still in Arsenal's plans he might have something about him for sure. Good luck to him. Hopefully we have found a good signing.
I had never heard of Kent a couple of years back,when his name first popped up.

Jones seems to be away sooner or later, we all reckon that Barker won't last for that many games, while the Middleton scenario is one for Scully and Mulder to check out.

That leaves us with Kent (who will start when fit) and possibly Morelos / Roofe in a 3-man attack line. Tormey will most likely be what Bassey is for Barasic, so a new challenge he might look for, but game time? We shall see what SG will have to say about the lad.

Jones seems to be away sooner or later, we all reckon that Barker won't last for that many games, while the Middleton scenario is one for Scully and Mulder to check out.

That leaves us with Kent (who will start when fit) and possibly Morelos / Roofe in a 3-man attack line. Tormey will most likely be what Bassey is for Barasic, so a new challenge he might look for, but game time? We shall see what SG will have to say about the lad.

We don't play with a 3 man attack line mate.

Tierney is actually a good player ,thats the difference between Rangers fans and that mob regardless of how much we dislike their players or former players we can admit if they are good players or not whereas that mob cant be as civil
I will have to agree to disagree. Tierney is pish, constantly gets found out. I think he must have had dirty pictures of Unai Emery.

£25m?! He isn’t worth £2.5m.

Back