Never Stop Believing

Cannot understand our support who still think we can win the league.
We would effectively have to win the last twelve games.
What gives you the impression we are going to do that?

Cannot understand our support who still think we can win the league.
We would effectively have to win the last twelve games.
What gives you the impression we are going to do that?

Blind faith against all logical reasoning or evidence, presumably.

I still believe a Rangers victory against St Johnstone yesterday and us then only 3 points behind would have affected that lot going down to Kilmarnock and cranked up the pressure. Psychology plays a huge role in sport. Us dropping points eased the pressure on them.

From where we stand right now we need to get to the summer with some positivity and not end up with the season falling away like the last couple. If we can finish a strong 2nd - as many points ahead of 3rd as we are likely to be behind them then that’s an improvement on last season.

Added to that a Scottish Cup win would be fantastic but as a further minimum we need to beat them again before the season is out and not get knocked out of the cup by Killie or Aberdeen.

What has happened to us as a support ?
Keep reading leagues over well is it really over when we are only 8pts behind them
with 12 games to go ? Will we do it I dont know but what I do know is that we as
a support use the cry No Surrender well lets live up to it and get behind the team
for the remaining games and as big Marv said Keep Believing.
Because we have watched us all season and we know that we are not going to win the league on that evidence alone.

The fact of the matter is, yes, Rangers have been inconsistent, I get that, there's no denying that, but I don't give a s*** what people say, my optimism doesn't give in. Celtic for all we know could end up losing away to Hearts or dropping 2 points and knowing the old firm game is a ball hair away if Rangers could get there 6 points behind and beat them, Rangers are right back in it.

Yes, again, Celtic are favourites to win the title, I don't deny this, but when there's hope, even if little, I still hold the faith. Even if Rangers fail to win the title (likely scenario) I still remain positive that Rangers will grow from strength to strength with quality brought in during the summer transfer window.

Sadly it reminds me a wee bit of when we beat them in the semi final a couple of years ago.

We got some false hope that we were better than them and in reality they went on an unbeaten run and made us look like amateurs.

I don't think they've conceded a goal in the league since we beat them in December. Without Morelos we look like a mid table outfit.

The fact of the matter is, yes, Rangers have been inconsistent, I get that, there's no denying that, but I don't give a s*** what people say, my optimism doesn't give in. Celtic for all we know could end up losing away to Hearts or dropping 2 points and knowing the old firm game is a ball hair away if Rangers could get there 6 points behind and beat them, Rangers are right back in it.

Yes, again, Celtic are favourites to win the title, I don't deny this, but when there's hope, even if little, I still hold the faith. Even if Rangers fail to win the title (likely scenario) I still remain positive that Rangers will grow from strength to strength with quality brought in during the summer transfer window.

Admire your optimism but this was the weekend that killed the title race.

We drop points and they get a last minute winner, scored by a player who shouldn't have been on the park.

It’s absolutely kidd-ology to keep resorting to the “big Marv keep believing” patter. We don’t have it in us. Simple as that

The fucking crying in here the last couple weeks has been ridiculous. I'm not arguing the league isn't difficult, but we're certainly not out of it.

Getting Defoe and Davis in was stupid though, two players that hadn't played in months and months with no legs hoping to turn our season around. Fucking ridiculous.

Keep reading leagues over well is it really over when we are only 8pts behind them
with 12 games to go ? Will we do it I dont know but what I do know is that we as
a support use the cry No Surrender well lets live up to it and get behind the team
Well said mate,yes the odds are against us but you never give up.There are plenty of examples of bad situations turning round.Helicopter Sunday,Liverpool 3-0 down at half time in Championship League Final and then going on to win,Leicester City winning the league,we even one a cup final with 9 men.Football is an outlet for your dreams . Winners don't let realism get in the way of success.

Admire your optimism but this was the weekend that killed the title race.

We drop points and they get a last minute winner, scored by a player who shouldn't have been on the park.

I do agree in hindsight, but I've seen stranger things happen in football, it's a funny game. Nonetheless, even with the slim chance, I still look forward to the summer with optimism. The summer transfer window is different to the January transfer window in that the summer transfer window is where teams are more willing to sell players rather than half way through a season.

I'll be enthusiastic as all of us will be over who is brought in, that will be the true test.

If we can keep alfredo in the team till the end of the season then we have a slim chink of hope, but we need to win 12 games in a row to do it and its possible but improbable unfortunately.

I do agree in hindsight, but I've seen stranger things happen in football, it's a funny game. Nonetheless, even with the slim chance, I still look forward to the summer with optimism. The summer transfer window is different to the January transfer window in that the summer transfer window is where teams are more willing to sell players rather than half way through a season.

I'll be enthusiastic as all of us will be over who is brought in, that will be the true test.

I genuinely don't look forward to it.

We'll lose our best player in Morelos...can only hope it's for upwards of £15m.

Not only that but if we don't win the league this year, Celtic will throw all sorts of money (that we can't match) at their squad to go for 10 in a row. If they also get to the Champions League group stages again then it's game over.

Our best hope is that we can keep Morelos, Rodgers leaves them and they miss out on the CL again.

No amount of shouting No Surrender or keep believing will get this squad to get their fingers out their arses and go on a decent run.They don't have the mentalilty or the belief.The league is done.The SC is our only hope of Silverware and even that is a big ask.

All you fuckin' give-ups and doomsayers may as well keep on puking in your soup for the next 3 months. Get Morelos back in the team, beat them in the 2 remaining OFs. Put some pressure on them. No doubting it looks unlikely now, but it's far from impossible.

2vhuiqg.jpg

I'm an optimist guy bit that last minute winner for them sealed the bastards the title. Not only does it put them 8 points ahead it gives them a boost and momentum. It's over I'm afraid

No-one has given up however we are struggling.
We need 2 creative midfielders and a central defender (captain) type.

We'd need to turn in the kind of performance that we did on December 29th, EVERY SINGLE WEEK from here on in, win every game we play, and hope that the mentally challengeds crumble spectacularly and lose at least three games more, whilst we lose none.

On Saturday, I watched us struggle to put a single goal past a team that the mentally challengeds put nine past, in a fortnight.

If you genuinely think, that this current shower are going to miraculously find the drive, tenacity, doggedness, skill and determination to suddenly turn in league-winning form in every game, from here on in, then I take my hat off to you.

Gerrard has improved them, but he has improved them from rank rotten to bang average. We're still deficient and we lack self belief. The main reason many people don't believe in them, is because they don't believe in themselves.

We're still rank rotten & barely look like a team.

Amazing the amount on here that were clamouring to sign Davis and having a wank fest when Defoe scores v Aberdeen and now it's "sack the manager".
The reality is we had a mountain to climb and we got to what we thought was the summit on the 29th only to realise that over the rise was a bigger incline.
We are in a far better place now than many would have expected. Consolidate and take the bigger step next season.

I've never given up the hope of us winning the League and that go's back to me being 10 in 81, I was always hopeful that we could turn things round.

Teams certainly seem to put in a harder shift when playing us these days, I never watch Celtic but I get folk that do and reading on here the impression I get is that teams are beaten before KO especially at the mhidden.

I was hoping Davis in particular could have installed a winning mentality into the squad, he still could but we are running out of games.

I've never given up the hope of us winning the League and that go's back to me being 10 in 81, I was always hopeful that we could turn things round.

Teams certainly seem to put in a harder shift when playing us these days, I never watch Celtic but I get folk that do and reading on here the impression I get is that teams are beaten before KO especially at the mhidden.

I was hoping Davis in particular could have installed a winning mentality into the squad, he still could but we are running out of games.

I think possibly it’s the case of they believe they have a better chance against us before a ball is kick just a natural player mind thing rather than any real intent on hating one team more than the other OP

It’s a tough one OP. I see your sense of optimism given we can effectively take 6 points from them, however it’s the games out with them that are the issue. We don’t have the quality to win every one of them and unless Brendan manages to %^*& it up like at Liverpool them we can close it but imo 8 is too far a gap.
Have we progressed much in the last 12 months?
It’s hard to say, Celtic imo are worse, but we are still a fair bit away from them.

Nice and staunch OP but i live in the real world.

The proof is in the pudding and maybe Celtic aside we have bottled it in every big game domestically this season when we have had the chance to apply any kind of pressure.

We need players who produce 9 games out of 10, with this squad of players it's 6 or 7 out of 10 at a push, too many are comfortable and just not good enough.

Even if Celtic dropped enough points for us to win the league we WON'T be able to capitalise.

IF <<

Celts drop points to Hearts a week tomorrow
we beat Dundee its back to 6 points or 5 ( realistically Celtic will battle for every ball and inch given )

this Sunday however we can put our nails into our coffin even more we need 3 points against Hamilton, goal tally not important right now but a goal fest would be welcomed however...Celtic play motherwell but lets not get our hopes up .

we are the masters of our own downfall and IF...i repeat IF we win this league, it would be down to us crawling back points and them failing on there own accord......all season its been the other way around

keep believing? keep realistic more like.

It's incredible every time there is a thread like this it highlights the people who genuinely don't understand that there's a massive difference between what you want/wish/pray to happen and what logic tells you is likely to happen. Anyone who buys a lottery ticket hopes they win, would love to win but do they think they'll win???

We're shite... we aren't stupid. Well under perfoming.

Sadly we do keep believing as it's in our blood.

So pissed off with us at the mo.

If we can’t beat St Johnstone at home when your nearest rivals are absolutely scudding the life out them for fun, then that’s an indication we will fall short.

We are just to inconsistent, I still believe Gerrard and his team will get it right eventually.

A good solid second place finish, with a single figure points gap to the top of the league, and a cup win would be huge progress compared to the last few years.

We lack quality and will drop more points so excuse me for not believing!

Agree, we have not put together any sustained run of league victories and it sure as hell ain't going to happen now. Unfortunately the current squad are either simply not good enough or lack the bottle to play for a club of our size - not sure which one it is but our inabilty to string a decent run of results has made life easy for a mediocre Celtic side.

Cup game tomorrow is massive for our season it's a must win. We need to win our next 4 league games in a row
Hamilton v Rangers
Rangers v Dundee
Hibs v Rangers
Rangers v Kilmarnock

That takes us to Celtic away there fixtures

Celtic v Motherwell
Hearts v Celtic
Celtic v Aberdeen
Dundee v Celtic

Celtic are bound to drop some points in there next 3 fixtures Motherwell have been going well of late with 6 wins on the bounce. away to Hearts who have also done decently despite losing to Motherwell at the weekend.

If we win all of our next 4 and they drop some points and then beat them on their own patch it's game on.
I know I'm clutching at straws just trying to keep some kind of hope. :oops:

I tend to have a mindset where my optimism doesn't know when to give in, even when I hit a downer. I suppose that's a good thing. I still have belief if Hearts take points off them and if we can get a run going (queue up the negativity in response to my post here for stating that,) if we beat them at Celtic Park, we could be in a good position going into the split still.

Likely, Celtic will win the league, but I still believe.

This for me. We have blown so many chances this season and haven't been helped by injuries and suspensions. However, in my optimistic thinking, we can beat them home and away which leaves the gap at 2 points. The difficulty is that we still haven't found a settled team. We are still in the asterisk years but my belief that the trophy drought will soon be over is still strong.

Simply, Rangers are a better football team than Celtic in every single aspect, and while my expectations may vary, the belief in ultimate justice never will. As Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr put it:
"The road may be long and difficult...but the arc of the moral Universe bends towards justice."

Nothing wrong with having a dream.

Whilst in my heart of hearts I think it's over, I still have a niggle that if we can get the finger out, we can win it. Only takes a couple of draws before the split for them and we are right back in it.

See there's always one windae licker out there with the no surrender we can still do this stuff whilst completely ignoring current and past form or statistical logic.

Have we actually been able to string 3 wins together this season but would effectively need to win our remaining 12 games to win the league? but oh aye we can still do this.

Theres always 1 of these ‘uber staunch’ posts come along every now and again which just completely forget all the evidence from the last fw months to show we are miles away from a title challenge. I actually thought this season was our best chance to win it and because we did have the paedos rattled and worried at 1 stage i think next year they will now seriously tool up for the next 2 seasons and we really could be pissing into the wind.

Back