New fans' stand at Auchenhowie taking shape.

I hope the construction contract was given to a bear friendly company if not a fellow bears actual company. ;)

Anyone know?

Also is that the fighting fund now empty?

Incorrect. A key part of it was to have a reasonable sized stand and indeed some proposals regarding the size of the sitting area were rejected.

That may well be the case @mdingwall - you would be closer to these matters then I - but I've yet to hear anyone from the Club describe the seating/stand as anything other than an 'added bonus' to the construction of the changing facilities and education suite. Maybe I've missed it, of course.

That may well be the case @mdingwall - you would be closer to these matters then I - but I've yet to hear anyone from the Club describe the seating/stand as anything other than an 'added bonus' to the construction of the changing facilities and education suite. Maybe I've missed it, of course.

I've not heard the phrase "added bonus" being used in this regard. A central plank of the concept was always that fans would be able to see the game from the facility.

Yes, all gone. A real shame but as was said only certain people stepped up to run fund and so maybe only they deserve a say?
A good point perhaps. A shame the way it went and turned out. Not at all what was envisaged. Anyway.... thanks to those who put time into it as you say. I hope people don’t think twice about donating again because of this should something be needed God forbid.

A good point perhaps. A shame the way it went and turned out. Not at all what was envisaged. Anyway.... thanks to those who put time into it as you say. I hope people don’t think twice about donating again because of this should something be needed God forbid.

I think that ship has sailed. I know people that gave their week's wages to the fund and they're not too happy.

What did you envisage? This has been debated numerous times on here. Although always called the ‘Rangers Fans Fighting Fund’ the purpose of the fund, as stated on their website at the time, was to help with the day to day running costs of the Club at a time of need.

In fact, here is a page from the Club’s official website in April 2012 where it actually states money raised through the ‘Fighting Fund’ ... ‘will go to the Club’s running costs’.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/fighting-fund-growing/

What did you envisage? This has been debated numerous times on here. Although always called the ‘Rangers Fans Fighting Fund’ the purpose of the fund, as stated on their website at the time, was to help with the day to day running costs of the Club at a time of need.

In fact, here is a page from the Club’s official website in April 2012 where it actually states money raised through the ‘Fighting Fund’ ... ‘will go to the Club’s running costs’.

And once the club was stabilised the money was to go to projects which the club could not normally afford. Proposals were sent out and an extensive consultation including public meetings were held.

No point going into it and derailing the thread. You seem happy if incorrect, as stated above, about what it is to you. As pointed out, many are dissapointed but hopefully not disillusioned.

I hope construction goes well.

And once the club was stabilised the money was to go to projects which the club could not normally afford. Proposals were sent out and an extensive consultation including public meetings were held.

Indeed Mark. Yet some still insist they thought they were donating money to take on the media and other haters. I’m not aware that the fund was ever advertised for that purpose, though it did help fund legal representation against the SFA I recall. Just shows how the mists of time can confuse.

A bit off topic but seeing this reminded me of the time Murray was talking about a 15k stadium for reserve team in early 90s

Anyone else mind of that?

A bit off topic but seeing this reminded me of the time Murray was talking about a 15k stadium for reserve team in early 90s

On the park behind the 'wee Rangers club'?
I vaguely remember that. Pretty sure there was artists impressions kicking about at the time

On the park behind the 'wee Rangers club'?
I vaguely remember that. Pretty sure there was artists impressions kicking about at the time
At the time that was St Anthonys home ground, Rangers were supposed to be buying it and pretty sure it was to be our new training ground, St Anthony's back then leased it from Glasgow district council.

Yes, all gone. A real shame but as was said only certain people stepped up to run fund and so maybe only they deserve a say?

I put into it mate. Not making a big issue as it still helps the club, but I always felt that we should’ve kept the fund to fight true Rangers haters eg lawyers or newspaper ads or private tecs when needed to protect our club & fans good name.

The people that built Auchenhowie itself were hardly Bear friendly. Quite the opposite in fact.

Yet another example of the enormous dog shite that is Sir Duped being totally out of touch with us, the fans and true custodians of our club.

I now despise the prick

Anyway, the decision is made now and it’s good to see work under way. If it helps us attract top youth players and get them into our development squads, then all to the good.

Lets hope the King and Park have made sure only bear friendly contractors get a turn from this work. Being a bear would be compulsory for getting work from me if I was in charge at Rangers.

Yet another example of the enormous dog shite that is Sir Duped being totally out of touch with us, the fans and true custodians of our club.

I now despise the prick

Anyway, the decision is made now and it’s good to see work under way. If it helps us attract top youth players and get them into our development squads, then all to the good.

Lets hope the King and Park have made sure only bear friendly contractors get a turn from this work. Being a bear would be compulsory for getting work from me if I was in charge at Rangers.
Auchenhowie is a fantastic training set up though, so presumably he hired the company best placed to do the work at a good price? I've hired people to do thousands of pounds of work on stuff in the past and I didn't ask their favourite club first, I just checked they would be good at the job and charge a fair price.

In an ideal world we'd be able to hire bears, but it's not logistical to add that as some sort of hiring process.

At the time that was St Anthonys home ground, Rangers were supposed to be buying it and pretty sure it was to be our new training ground, St Anthony's back then leased it from Glasgow district council.

Originally called Moore Park

They were going to call it Struth Park, with a capacity of circa 5K for reserve matches - the real truth came out a few years later when Murray pitched that site for the new Govan Police office (Built at Helen Street)

Auchenhowie is a fantastic training set up though, so presumably he hired the company best placed to do the work at a good price? I've hired people to do thousands of pounds of work on stuff in the past and I didn't ask their favourite club first, I just checked they would be good at the job and charge a fair price.

In an ideal world we'd be able to hire bears, but it's not logistical to add that as some sort of hiring process.

Happily, our business is family owned and I’m sticking to my previous statement that I only want bears doing thebrefurbishment we are planning at our offices. I’ll need Rangers Numbers from anyone wanting considered. LOL

Pretty sure it will be below 500 seats as there has to certain safety systems in place over that amount. public address system etc.

Hope the construction boys are using GAP hire.. The colours are right plus I'm the rep in Inverness...

Originally called Moore Park

They were going to call it Struth Park, with a capacity of circa 5K for reserve matches - the real truth came out a few years later when Murray pitched that site for the new Govan Police office (Built at Helen Street)

Was about to post it was called Moor Park. Just like the housing scheme behind it. AKA the wine alley, or just the winey.

Great to see this is in progress - a lasting benefit to the club.

If we need another fighting fund will be no problem to raise whatever is required.

Hopefully we wont.
I personally think the fighting fund was misused, and it was not meant for this purpose. We still have many fights to fund in the media and indeed the fight continues on many fronts. I was totally against this stand being built from the fighting fund monies and stand by that.

I now despise the prick

Trust me David Murray looked after plenty of Bear friendly companies, mine being one of them. He and his maintenance management team made sure they got their money's worth, but in return made sure that everyone got paid on time. There were also lots of other contractors who may not have been Gers friendly but for what I witnessed always went about their work professionally. My last project before our misfortune was the installation of the electronic advertising boards, still there today!. I only ever got paid half of what I was due, did I care? Did I fúck, my team were struggling and the least I could do was right it off and get behind them again.

Pretty sure it will be below 500 seats as there has to certain safety systems in place over that amount. public address system etc.

See post #38 mate. Planning permission was granted for a small stand covering only 216 square metres. From the plans, it looks like just over 200 seats plus the benches.

Indeed Mark. Yet some still insist they thought they were donating money to take on the media and other haters. I’m not aware that the fund was ever advertised for that purpose, though it did help fund legal representation against the SFA I recall. Just shows how the mists of time can confuse.
That’s what I was under the impression it was for mate: legal battles with the Scottish 19th Century Terrorist Association, but there was so much shit flying around back then it was hard to see the woods for the trees.

Back