New items on Rangers Shop Online

No way to write this without sounding like a jessie. Does anyone know if the hoody is that soft fluffy type inside or more like the terry cloth type?

Castore are pricing out a lot of our fan base here.

That's not to say this entire retail operation won't be a huge success, and yes I'm delighted Ashley is gone etc etc

But these prices are pretty high in comparison to market standard for comparable products.

Especially in the current climate, people are going to find it hard to part with money of this magnitude for such basic products.

This was a fear of mine at the start. Castore products are shit hot, and very expensive. Real quality, of that there's no doubt.

But the average football fan can't afford Castore prices and my concern from the outset was whether Castore expected the Rangers fans to, or whether they would reduce it more in line with expectancy and potentially upset their own brand fans by saying we expect you to still pay top dollar for Castore gear but Rangers fans are getting it cheaper.

Difficult dilemma for them, looks like the decision at this stage is to test the waters while they preserve their brands price points.

The happy medium is perhaps a budget product line, maybe not branded as Castore just as Rangers.

They need to do something to bridge the gap, the prices are far too high in that range announced today.

FFS as if I wasn't skint enough, that black cap and the navy T shirt . On another note the hoodie is £10 dearer than I paid in store.

That's not to say this entire retail operation won't be a huge success, and yes I'm delighted Ashley is gone etc etc

But these prices are pretty high in comparison to market standard for comparable products.

Especially in the current climate, people are going to find it hard to part with money of this magnitude for such basic products.

This was a fear of mine at the start. Castore products are shit hot, and very expensive. Real quality, of that there's no doubt.

But the average football fan can't afford Castore prices and my concern from ter he outset was whether Castore expected the Rangers fans to, or whether they would reduce it more in line with expectancy and potentially upset their own brand fans by saying we expect you to still pay top dollar for Castore gear but Rangers fans are getting it cheaper.

Difficult dilemma for them, looks like the decision at this stage is to test the waters while they preserve their brands price points.

The happy medium is perhaps a budget product line, maybe not branded as Castore just as Rangers.

They need to do something to bridge the gap, the prices are far too high in that range announced today.

Mate there guaranteed to sell out.
These prices are the norm.

Just purchased these 2 items, wife won’t be happy, f@ck not given, cracking tops.

much were both mate? What are the sizes like. The home top is a bit tight for me, while their trousers/leggings are a bit to big.
Not sure if the training stuff is bigger made or just as tight.

What is it with wives and Rangers taps ?? I never complain when she walks in with new shoes, or a handbag...yet as soon as i say i'm ordering a Castore Rangers hoodie, 1/2 zipper and a few training taps all hell breaks loose !!!

Don’t they just hate our passion for our great club, you treat yourself mate, take no notice.

But the average football fan can't afford Castore prices and my concern from the outset was whether Castore expected the Rangers fans to, or whether they would reduce it more in line with expectancy and potentially upset their own brand fans by saying we expect you to still pay top dollar for Castore gear but Rangers fans are getting it cheaper.

I think the prices of the lifestyle stuff are actually not too bad. They are in line with what I would pay for standard sports gear, maybe slightly higher but based on what I've got already the quality merits that. I think there will be stuff out (like the Garcia hoody) which I wouldn't be able to justify forking out for though.

much were both mate? What are the sizes like. The home top is a bit tight for me, while their trousers/leggings are a bit to big.
Not sure if the training stuff is bigger made or just as tight.

There is a size guide in the items description, found it pretty spot on when I got the rain jacket the other week, always worth a measure before ordering.

The prices are high compared to say 10 years ago.

They really need to mix up some of the designs, they’re all generic something more related to Rangers wise like Ibrox or players like McCoist on the t-shirts would be nice.

Mate there guaranteed to sell out.
These prices are the norm.

The prices are high compared to say 10 years ago.

The point I'm making is, the average family needs an option that isn't this expensive.

If you're an Arsenal supporter and want to buy an official Arsenal cotton T-shirt, the cheapest one is 18 quid - ours is 25.

If you're a Liverpool supporter and want to buy an official Liverpool cap, the cheapest one is 17.50 - ours is 25

If you're a Chelsea supporter and want to buy an official Chelsea Hoodie, the cheapest one is 34 - ours is 65.

There's a gap that needs to be addressed. Lower income families need an option.

I'm not disputing the quality, but Castore are definitely pricing some people out. As I said in my original post, they're testing the market at this price point, makes commercial sense -but perhaps a non Castore branded - but obviously officially Rangers branded - line of products is necessary sooner rather than later.

There is a size guide in the items description, found it pretty spot on when I got the rain jacket the other week, always worth a measure before ordering.

the size guide was mental for me, especially for trousers . I am a 34/6 waist depending on who makes it. For tops I would say I am 44/6 chest depending on whether they are tight fitting or not.
I got a large pair of trousers from the training kit range, which were too long and loose (they are supposed to be tight), while the home kit I ordered XL as we were told to size up and it is verging on being tight.
The numbers don’t seem to relate to normal S,M, L, XL sizes.

The point I'm making is, the average family needs an option that isn't this expensive.

If you're an Arsenal supporter and want to buy an official Arsenal cotton T-shirt, the cheapest one is 18 quid - ours is 25.

If you're a Liverpool supporter and want to buy an official Liverpool cap, the cheapest one is 17.50 - ours is 25

If you're a Chelsea supporter and want to buy an official Chelsea Hoodie, the cheapest one is 34 - ours is 65.

There's a gap that needs to be addressed. Lower income families need an option.

I'm not disputing the quality, but Castore are definitely pricing some people out. As I said in my original post, they're testing the market at this price point, makes commercial sense -but perhaps a non Castore branded - but obviously officially Rangers branded - line of products is necessary sooner rather than later.
Are they branded though, as in either Nike or Adidas?

When I justify it to the missus, the way I look at it is that over the past few months I have saved a fortune on my train fares to work, saved on my spending on going to games and also will shortly be getting back a few thousand for a cancelled holiday.

So I am piling in to this shit.

Plus, if we believe certain people, we're all going to die from a second wave of covid anyway.

So if I am going down, I 'm going down wearing a Castore branded Rangers hoodie!!

I'm tempted by the rain jacket. You got any other castore gear? I have the home top and 1/4 zip top in a large. I sway between medium and large. Can't figure out what size to get the rain jacket in haha.

Hopefully the third top will be put up today too as it’s meant to be up to preorder week commencing 10th but still nothing yet

The blue baseball hat looks excellent,will hopefully be able to pick one up in the shop next week.

I know, but the supporters are the backbone of any club. Season tickets, gear for their kiddies and home and away shirts etc. It is still outrageous.

Prices are in line with other major clubs, and also branded clothing in general.

Yes, it isn't cheap, but the club are hardly going to offer it at a reduced rate to reward loyalty. It's our 2nd main source of income after ticket money.

Back