New items on Rangers Shop Online

The
The point I'm making is, the average family needs an option that isn't this expensive.

If you're an Arsenal supporter and want to buy an official Arsenal cotton T-shirt, the cheapest one is 18 quid - ours is 25.

If you're a Liverpool supporter and want to buy an official Liverpool cap, the cheapest one is 17.50 - ours is 25

If you're a Chelsea supporter and want to buy an official Chelsea Hoodie, the cheapest one is 34 - ours is 65.

There's a gap that needs to be addressed. Lower income families need an option.

I'm not disputing the quality, but Castore are definitely pricing some people out. As I said in my original post, they're testing the market at this price point, makes commercial sense -but perhaps a non Castore branded - but obviously officially Rangers branded - line of products is necessary sooner rather than later.

EPL teams are part of a billion pound TV deal, and get up to £70m a year for Merch deal. Arsenal's cheapest ST is £1100.

I appreciate its difficult for families etc, but merch is our 2nd biggest earner after ticket sales. Its no wonder the club wants to maximise revenue from it.

Tops and training gear go all the way up to 4XL but the lifestyle cuts off at 2XL.

I know its my own fault for being a fat bastard but why not keep that sizing across all products. Are they just slapping Rangers branding on existing Castore products and they only go up to 2XL, if so thats just lazy AF.

I'm tempted by the rain jacket. You got any other castore gear? I have the home top and 1/4 zip top in a large. I sway between medium and large. Can't figure out what size to get the rain jacket in haha.

Hi only got the rain jacket at the moment, I’m a 44 inch chest and 34 inch waist and the medium fits great for me, I’ve mentioned before that if your similar size to me but are part of the beer belly loyal it might pay to go up to a large, hope that helps.

A bucket hat shouldn't be £30. That's absurd. I'd like a couple of things from the store but it's too dear for me. I know it's supply and demand so it is what it is, and it doesn't matter what I think..

Aye because if it was £5 you would be on greeting that there sold out and they fell to bits within days of getting it.

At £30 and great quality, they’ll sell out.

When I justify it to the missus, the way I look at it is that over the past few months I have saved a fortune on my train fares to work, saved on my spending on going to games and also will shortly be getting back a few thousand for a cancelled holiday.

So I am piling in to this shit.

Plus, if we believe certain people, we're all going to die from a second wave of covid anyway.

So if I am going down, I 'm going down wearing a Castore branded Rangers hoodie!!

Amen brother bear

It's not sports direct we're dealing with now.
What are you on about? I’m a younger supporter and I would like something that is more tailored to Rangers rather than everything being the Castore wings and saying “Rangers FC”. Would make a fortune.

Tops and training gear go all the way up to 4XL but the lifestyle cuts off at 2XL.

I know its my own fault for being a fat bastard but why not keep that sizing across all products. Are they just slapping Rangers branding on existing Castore products and they only go up to 2XL, if so thats just lazy AF.

Maybe like Fred Perry etc and dont want us fat bassas wearing their gear lol

These guys have a licence to print money. gutted that the navy hoodies are gone in my size. they can't get the stuff up quick enough

That's the kind of tat you get with sports direct.
How is it “tat”? Have you ever seen the amount of younger fans in their teens and 20s wearing the UB merchandise? If the club sell stuff like that it would make lots of money. Why would a Rangers t-shirt sold by the club with Rangers related stuff on it be considered “tat” if it’s of good quality?

I think it’s because they’re classed as a premium “sports” brand.

How is it “tat”? Have you ever seen the amount of younger fans in their teens and 20s wearing the UB merchandise? If the club sell stuff like that it would make lots of money. Why would a Rangers t-shirt sold by the club with Rangers related stuff on it be considered “tat” if it’s of good quality?

It's high quality sportswear they are producing.

Sports direct used to make t-shirts with players on them and it was crap.

Have you seen another club with pictures of ex players on their gear? Genuine question.

Not liking some of the attitudes shown in this thread.

Some of the gear is very expensive and at the moment, going is good because for so long we've been deprived of a chance to buy this stuff. However, the premium price buying won't last forever and sales are going to slow down. Some of us can afford whatever but many, especially in the coming downturn will not. Decrying some folk for this isn't really good form at all.

It's high quality sportswear they are producing.

Sports direct used to make t-shirts with players on them and it was crap.

Have you seen another club with pictures of ex players on their gear? Genuine question.
It was an example, something more Rangers related would be welcomed instead of the same logo each time. Hamburg, Ajax etc all have casual wear that includes t-shirts with what I’m talking about. Most clubs do.

Not liking some of the attitudes shown in this thread.

Some of the gear is very expensive and at the moment, going is good because for so long we've been deprived of a chance to buy this stuff. However, the premium price buying won't last forever and sales are going to slow down. Some of us can afford whatever but many, especially in the coming downturn will not. Decrying some folk for this isn't really good form at all.
It’s because they’re well off and somehow if you’re a working class fan and don’t have £170 to buy a hoodie it somehow means it’s just your fault.

It’s because they’re well off and somehow if you’re a working class fan and don’t have £170 to buy a hoodie it somehow means it’s just your fault.
Its a pretty shitty attitude from some. Everyone should be aware the supports current spending spree won't be sustainable. It'll even out and some of the higher priced things will become harder to shift.

Haven't read anyone say that at all in this thread tbh.

Not this thread, no but in other threads there's been bams with ridiculous perceptions of how much low income earners should be able to afford on clothes. Probably the same likes that cut about in jackets that cost more than their disposable income each month.

Is it ok to buy the new top from the st enoch square shop the same as the stadium shop? Or did i read it wasnt 100% in the ownership of the club?

Aye because if it was £5 you would be on greeting that there sold out and they fell to bits within days of getting it.

At £30 and great quality, they’ll sell out.

Well, I've got bucket hats bought from street vendors years ago that are nowhere near falling apart, so your point's shite.

Last edited:
Castore are pricing out a lot of our fan base here.

That's not to say this entire retail operation won't be a huge success, and yes I'm delighted Ashley is gone etc etc

But these prices are pretty high in comparison to market standard for comparable products.

Especially in the current climate, people are going to find it hard to part with money of this magnitude for such basic products.

This was a fear of mine at the start. Castore products are shit hot, and very expensive. Real quality, of that there's no doubt.

But the average football fan can't afford Castore prices and my concern from the outset was whether Castore expected the Rangers fans to, or whether they would reduce it more in line with expectancy and potentially upset their own brand fans by saying we expect you to still pay top dollar for Castore gear but Rangers fans are getting it cheaper.

Difficult dilemma for them, looks like the decision at this stage is to test the waters while they preserve their brands price points.

The happy medium is perhaps a budget product line, maybe not branded as Castore just as Rangers.

They need to do something to bridge the gap, the prices are far too high in that range announced today.
I ve just had a look on the Liverpool site and they have a budget range where you can get a polo shirt for £22 surely Rangers can do something similar.
As for the Castore range if they get the stock levels sorted out they will make a fortune.

Back