New rules in force re Rangers!

For anyone having difficulty understanding the new rules in place regards refereeing Rangers, here's a short video. Things should seem clear after you watch it.
At the end of the video, you'll see the Hivs defender get book for grabbing Alf's shirt then do it again two minutes later.
It all adds up.
Not defending the ref here but as I have said repeatedly a shirt pull isn’t a yellow card offence.

Breaking up a promising attack is but if the advantage plays through (which happened in a few of these) no yellow is given. The Hibs defender who had been booked shirt pull is never a booking.

Bit off topic but think it was 49th minute free kick to us Walsh paces out the 'ten steps' but only does nine if I recall and they were the smallest steps he could take! No way was it ten yards! more like seven!

The penalty against RK was analysed to the nth degree about whether McGinn got a touch of the ball first…..not a word about the handfull of RK’s Jersey which kills the earlier ‘debate’.
Walsh recognised the foul but failed to book McGinn. 2 other pens conceded the same night elsewhere resulted in 2 x Yellow cards. Where is the consistency?

When were the new rules introduced that allows opposition players to pull back Rangers players by the jersey and no booking or fouls apply? I must've missed the introduction of this as by fck there wasn't half some jersey pulling involved in the last two games alone yet nothing given ffs!!
All part of the SFA manifest STOP #2

Sadly none of this leniency applied to Rangers players.
To be fair at the press conference today and the pre Hivs one Mark Dingwall gave the manager the opportunity to speak about the inconsistency in refereeing or as I see it blatant cheating and the manager dodged the questions. If the club won’t stand and fight why do we bother? The dignified silence BS has got us here.

Now that the league is on a knife edge Collum's performance on Sunday and Walsh's performance last night will become the norm.

Some of the decisions in the last 2 games would be absolutely baffling if we didn't already know the referees are in Celtics pocket.
I think you will find it’s the linesmen….”the ref can’t see that blah blah, it’s up to the linesman” but how many offside goals is that ?? 1, 2, 3, O’Leary…

Goldson 1st foul - card
Tavernier 1st foul - card
Barisic 1st foul - card
(it felt like)

their No. 20 had

- pull back of jersey and body, only warned when play stopped
- caught Barisic late, foul given, not even spoken to
- kent robs him on the touchline and he rugby style brings him down, again nothing
following that he managed to commit several more fouls
the lad could've been off at least twice - yet managed to almost claw them back with their best effort
To be fair, Goldson and Barisic were definite yellow cards.

I think you will find it’s the linesmen….”the ref can’t see that blah blah, it’s up to the linesman” but how many offside goals is that ?? 1, 2, 3, O’Leary…
Yeah that linseman who allowed their offside goal the other night has a lot of previous I'm sure.

Unreal last night.
3 times it happened and the ref signalled for advantage, then doesn't go back and book the player.

I posted similar in another thread, really infuriates me, when a referee does not at least talk to the offender or book him. This gives him a free rein to do the same again.

Our players, through the PFA should write a letter to the SFA/referees assocation and ask for 'clarification' (yeah I know) of the rules.

One of the press should then ask the question on press confrence day "We hear you have written to the SFA. Could you explain what it is the players are unsure of"

Then Tav rolls off a list of incidencts that he has queried.

Thats all within the rules then and they cant do him for slagging the refs in public.

I think it’s time that we started to take seriously the standard of refereeing in this country. There is undoubtedly an anti rangers mentality also, where we we do receive a penalty that rescission is scrutinised far more than for any other club. That could be due to the Tim lead media or it could be to do with the stigma we’ve received since 2013 - I dunno?

In all honesty I know even mentioning this subject is walking into wahoo territory, where they’ve been going on about it for years so I accept this possible scenario may be lauded and not to everyone’s taste. I’m not 100% convinced by it myself in truth but it’s worth posting.

Celtic have now received at least 5 offside goals this season so far. These goals have been game winners. It’s our fault we’ve let our lead slip away, however they have been afforded a certain points swing because of these errors/terrible decisions/purposeful or otherwise? If this has happened that often then where is this balancing out?

Yes it probably will come down to our games vs them, but are we being referred to a different standard in our other games? Is the cinch sponsorship via SPFL/SFA here influencing the final winners of the competition.

I dunno on all of the above but would be interested to see others opinions on it.

Not defending the ref here but as I have said repeatedly a shirt pull isn’t a yellow card offence.

Breaking up a promising attack is but if the advantage plays through (which happened in a few of these) no yellow is given. The Hibs defender who had been booked shirt pull is never a booking.
I'm not defending the ref either. If it is a Rangers player committing the same 'crime', it is an automatic booking.

Feel free to defend the double standards.

I'm not defending the ref either. If it is a Rangers player committing the same 'crime', it is an automatic booking.

Feel free to defend the double standards.
That’s not the point of the thread. If folk are going to post videos of ref “mistakes” they should get them right otherwise we just look like them.

Back