New rules in force re Rangers!

buzzardbear244

When were the new rules introduced that allows opposition players to pull back Rangers players by the jersey and no booking or fouls apply? I must've missed the introduction of this as by fck there wasn't half some jersey pulling involved in the last two games alone yet nothing given ffs!!

When were the new rules introduced that allows opposition players to pull back Rangers players by the jersey and no booking or fouls apply? I must've missed the introduction of this as by fck there wasn't half some jersey pulling involved in the last two games alone yet nothing given ffs!!
Unreal last night.
3 times it happened and the ref signalled for advantage, then doesn't go back and book the player.

Now that the league is on a knife edge Collum's performance on Sunday and Walsh's performance last night will become the norm.

Some of the decisions in the last 2 games would be absolutely baffling if we didn't already know the referees are in Celtics pocket.

OP is spot on

Walsh let several arm and shirt pulls and did not book the Hibs players

Stephenson had 2 hands around Kamaras waiste whilst Glen is breaking yet the prick allowed play on and did not book Stephenson

He warned him

Club need to especially out as Collum and Walsh were a joke and failed to punish clear bookable offences whilst booking our players without hesitation

It’s so obvious

Tav was continually moaning at Walsh about his decisions and failure to take action against Hibs players

Generally if it’s stopping a promising attack and the advantage plays through it’s not a booking now. Unless it’s a reckless foul.

That fanny at the back for Hibs was going mental when he got booked. It’s a standard yellow card offence ya fucking clown. Shouting and bawling about it being his 1st foul.

Our players need to constantly train now with someone pulling them back, it's now accepted as normal practice by ref's' unless you're tugging a non blue shirt. Should f@#k them up and wear body paint. :))

Agree with this, whilst playing the advantage is well and good the Hibs players were doing it constantly and no action s was taken after play stopped.

Not sure whether the players should stop and take the free kick, see if the yellow comes out.

I'm never one for blaming refs etc but the last few weeks have been like a running joke.

Some of the decisions (or lack of) have been mind boggling.

Last night it looked like Wlash was trying to make up for the fact he gave us a penalty.

One i can remember on sunday when Kent breaks in to the box first half pulled back although he gets free only because the right back knows he is inside the box and baldy collum says play on .Penalty all day long impeding a player

Fair enough play on if a situation is developing but when play breaks down card should be administered , at least three went unpunished last night whilst card happy if we dare put in a tackle

Teams were reffed to a totally different standard last night and since when was a one penalty quota introduced?

That fanny at the back for Hibs was going mental when he got booked. It’s a standard yellow card offence ya fucking clown. Shouting and bawling about it being his 1st foul.
But it wasn’t their first shirt pull it’s an automatic Yellow card which should have resulted in 4 cards in the first half,what annoys me is it takes for a fifth or sixth in the 2nd half for Walsh to implement the rules correctly we should seek clarification on this rule.

Stevenson was nearly on Alfie's back with shirt pull then trying to hold him back but Walsh done nothing about it just allowed the game to go on with no punishment. 2 minutes later he then dives into a tackle which he was booked for which would have meant he would have been sent off had Walsh done his job properly.

one of the only things i can praise the ref for tonight was speakig to that fanny porteous when he play acted to try and get one our of our players sent off. Should've booked him but i was surprised.

OP is spot on

Walsh let several arm and shirt pulls and did not book the Hibs players

Stephenson had 2 hands around Kamaras waiste whilst Glen is breaking yet the prick allowed play on and did not book Stephenson

He warned him

Club need to especially out as Collum and Walsh were a joke and failed to punish clear bookable offences whilst booking our players without hesitation

It’s so obvious

Tav was continually moaning at Walsh about his decisions and failure to take action against Hibs players
Which only resulted in Tav being booked late on . Only certain players are allowed to coach refs .

one of the only things i can praise the ref for tonight was speakig to that fanny porteous when he play acted to try and get one our of our players sent off. Should've booked him but i was surprised.
Was that after he gave him the foul when Arfield never even touched the big dumpling?

Mentioned in the Match thread last night as did others. Teams are given leeway because that aren’t very good whereas we are punished for being a good team. As an example, Hibs fouls where we managed to keep hold of the ball and push forward so the ref plays on, yet doesn’t go back and book player once play stops. Feels like the Hibs player gets away with it because the game continues despite the foul just because we had the ball and we’re in an attacking position. Hope that makes sense!

He was very quick to book Rangers players for any little thing yet they got away with foul after foul and grabbing shirts. The referee standard is so poor in this country.

Goldson 1st foul - card
Tavernier 1st foul - card
Barisic 1st foul - card
(it felt like)

their No. 20 had

- pull back of jersey and body, only warned when play stopped
- caught Barisic late, foul given, not even spoken to
- kent robs him on the touchline and he rugby style brings him down, again nothing
following that he managed to commit several more fouls
the lad could've been off at least twice - yet managed to almost claw them back with their best effort

But it wasn’t their first shirt pull it’s an automatic Yellow card which should have resulted in 4 cards in the first half,what annoys me is it takes for a fifth or sixth in the 2nd half for Walsh to implement the rules correctly we should seek clarification on this rule.
It’s not an automatic yellow though. Most of them are stopping a promising attack and if the advantage is given and it plays through then you don’t go back and card then player as they have not stopped the promising attack.

It’s not an automatic yellow though. Most of them are stopping a promising attack and if the advantage is given and it plays through then you don’t go back and card then player as they have not stopped the promising attack.
Pulling a Shirt is not a Yellow card offence ,so if they play advantage all the time regardless if there is any they don’t need to administer a Card well that explains everything.

That Jasper guy had 4 or 5 fouls where he pulled someone back and never even got booked.

Ironically Tav then fouled him once and got booked. These yellows are going to come back and bite us at the end of the season.

Meanwhile that lot need to foul14 times before they get booked

That Jasper guy had 4 or 5 fouls where he pulled someone back and never even got booked.

Ironically Tav then fouled him once and got booked. These yellows are going to come back and bite us at the end of the season.

This was when I realised Walsh was at it. How that boy never got booked is beyond me.

Don't forget the new 'Jasper' Rule:

Hibs player Jasper is permitted to commit 500 fouls before a yellow card.

Unreal last night.
3 times it happened and the ref signalled for advantage, then doesn't go back and book the player.
This for me was totally shocking. He actually acknowledges the shirt pull and let’s play continue them doesn’t go back to book the player when play stops.

already affecting us this season as we've had to leave that well known spl hatchetman Joe Aribo on the bench at christmas time before the cancelled OF game.

It was introduced alongside the “ cannot book a Celtic player” rule. 17 fouls last night they had, just one solitary yellow card. By a country mile they have the most fouls per yellow of any team in Scotland, not just the top division. And yet referees are just ignoring the stats we all see through sheer fear.

Goldson is on 8 cards already reach 12 and it’s a ban yet that mob are getting to foul more than us and not receive any punishment.

One i can remember on sunday when Kent breaks in to the box first half pulled back although he gets free only because the right back knows he is inside the box and baldy collum says play on .Penalty all day long impeding a player

With that type of incident in particular, pulling shirts/arms slows the attacker (and attack) down, in turn it allows opposition defenders more time to get into better defensive positions to track runners or make blocks. Whilst a referee may claim "play-on, advantage", invariably it's not.

I'd love to see an advantage rule akin to rugby in football.

Pulling a Shirt is not a Yellow card offence ,so if they play advantage all the time regardless if there is any they don’t need to administer a Card well that explains everything.
It does for that particular scenario yeah.

Shocking again. Sick of the officiating!! We pay good money as fans to watch this - officiating is not acceptable. The club pay good money to bring in and pay these players - officiating is not acceptable! The players train hard every day - let down by the refs on game day - officiating is not acceptable! The club pay good money to coaches to coach these players - let down by the refs on game day - officiating is not acceptable!

I don’t mind the refs missing things or making honest mistakes. But waving play on when there has blatantly been a shirt tug, a trip, a block etc under the guise of letting the game flow is not acceptable! And this “get out” that the ref is playing advantage because the ball has spilled to a Rangers player is only acceptable if there is a genuine advantage. Just because Rangers are still in possession of the ball after a foul doesn’t automatically mean advantage can be played!

Sick of the officiating!!

All I ask is the refs apply the rules!

Now that the league is on a knife edge Collum's performance on Sunday and Walsh's performance last night will become the norm.

Some of the decisions in the last 2 games would be absolutely baffling if we didn't already know the referees are in Celtics pocket.
I think if it continues, as a club we need to proactively call it out.

Having watched their ( Tim’s) offside winning goal , being validated by a broad-church of journalists , on the premise their first half offside goal was unfairly refused.

It tells us that these negligent or corrupt refs will have the Celtic commentariat working hand in glove to dampen down any public accountability of their “ unsporting “ actions.

We need to speak without fear of recrimination, the title and ultimate prize of champions league, financial renewal is too important to passively trust
“sporting integrity “ to prevail.

The Tim’s finances are desperate for this title. By any means at their disposal, they will lie, cheat, or steal their way to do it.

As a club, management, players, and support , we need to think out of the box , to ensure the integrity of football in this country. I know that generally as a collective we are stoic on these matters. However it’s time to pour petrol on the fire.

I think it’s time that we started to take seriously the standard of refereeing in this country. There is undoubtedly an anti rangers mentality also, where we we do receive a penalty that rescission is scrutinised far more than for any other club. That could be due to the Tim lead media or it could be to do with the stigma we’ve received since 2013 - I dunno?

In all honesty I know even mentioning this subject is walking into wahoo territory, where they’ve been going on about it for years so I accept this possible scenario may be lauded and not to everyone’s taste. I’m not 100% convinced by it myself in truth but it’s worth posting.

Celtic have now received at least 5 offside goals this season so far. These goals have been game winners. It’s our fault we’ve let our lead slip away, however they have been afforded a certain points swing because of these errors/terrible decisions/purposeful or otherwise? If this has happened that often then where is this balancing out?

Yes it probably will come down to our games vs them, but are we being referred to a different standard in our other games? Is the cinch sponsorship via SPFL/SFA here influencing the final winners of the competition.

I dunno on all of the above but would be interested to see others opinions on it.

Back