New rules in force re Rangers!

“Thou shalt shove in the back Ryan Kent inside thy penalty box and it shalt not be deemeth foul play, sayeth the timothy overlord“

I think if it continues, as a club we need to proactively call it out.

Having watched their ( Tim’s) offside winning goal , being validated by a broad-church of journalists , on the premise their first half offside goal was unfairly refused.

It tells us that these negligent or corrupt refs will have the Celtic commentariat working hand in glove to dampen down any public accountability of their “ unsporting “ actions.

We need to speak without fear of recrimination, the title and ultimate prize of champions league, financial renewal is too important to passively trust
“sporting integrity “ to prevail.

The Tim’s finances are desperate for this title. By any means at their disposal, they will lie, cheat, or steal their way to do it.

As a club, management, players, and support , we need to think out of the box , to ensure the integrity of football in this country. I know that generally as a collective we are stoic on these matters. However it’s time to pour petrol on the fire.
I absolutely agree with all your points there mate and one thing I would love to see is more of our ex players calling it out. They have ex tims on speed dial who put pressure on the refs with what they say in the media.

Our former players show a lot more class and don't call it out.

Collum's performance on Sunday was not incompetence or bad refereeing. It was blatant cheating or carrying out of orders.
Balogun and Bassey's bookings were beyond laughable.

Last year there was no title race past October so the refs didn't influence games but now it's tight they are really going the extra mile to help the filth.

Some of the decisions this season they've had are unexplainable other than cheating.

From the chopped ref thread, but relevant to this one as it also depends who is on VAR. If it was the BBC lot, things would be no different.

Not seen the 2nd pen claim when Kent was clipped in 1st half

Watched Sportscene but not surprise it wasn’t shown so probably a stonewalled then
I have seen it. It’s a stonewaller.

It’s also the false equivalence that the scum BBC CSC try to put across. We got a penalty early on, Celtic got an offside goal, so it’s even. No it isn’t. One decision was correct, the other wasn’t.

Ginger baws even tried to claim that the Jota goal first half was ruled out for a marginal offside instead of the fact he blatantly handled it to bring it under control.

And then not a viewing or mention of Kent getting shoved right over in the box for a second stonewaller.

OP is spot on

Walsh let several arm and shirt pulls and did not book the Hibs players

Stephenson had 2 hands around Kamaras waiste whilst Glen is breaking yet the prick allowed play on and did not book Stephenson

He warned him

Club need to especially out as Collum and Walsh were a joke and failed to punish clear bookable offences whilst booking our players without hesitation

It’s so obvious

Tav was continually moaning at Walsh about his decisions and failure to take action against Hibs players
It's as if having awarded us a penalty he was determined to give us fvck all else all night.

There was at least 4 last night,he finally booked the big guy at the back who seemed to be irate about it,probably because his teammates had got away with it all night.

I laughed when the big guy was outraged. I genuinely think he was saying to the ref "but my mates have been doing it all night and getting no cards!"

I thought pulling a player back was a mandatory yellow card. If that is the case - then referees judgement doesn't even come into it.

It's a foul - and there is certainly no attempt to play the ball.

He wasn't even giving fouls - he was playing on!

No wonder the Hibs centre half was angry at being booked for it - when they had got away with it all game.

What about the goalkeeper at the penalty? How was that not a yellow for dissent?

The quality of Scottish football could be improved on the whole if referees did their jobs. Book one for a jersey pull? Everyone else will think twice about it.

I try not to see things through blue tinted glasses, it isnt always easy.
That aside there does seem to be a worrying tendency for referees to allow other teams to foul us with impunity as seen with Jack against Hearts, but book Rangers players for their first foul. I think all we really want is a fair crack of the whip.

I'm never one for blaming refs etc but the last few weeks have been like a running joke.

Some of the decisions (or lack of) have been mind boggling.

Last night it looked like Wlash was trying to make up for the fact he gave us a penalty.
You're right. Clancy, Madden, Collum and now Walsh. There's a case to answer against all of them.

Don't forget the new 'Jasper' Rule:

Hibs player Jasper is permitted to commit 500 fouls before a yellow card.
Not just him. I said last night in another thread about Walsh that Ewan Henderson was another 1.

He could've (should've) been booked halfway through the 1st half alone on totting up for persistent fouling. He carried on in a similar vein in the 2nd half before being subbed.

It gets very difficult not to get caught up in "the refs have been got at" type speculation when watching the likes of last night's game & the apparent leniency shown to 1 team & 1 team only.

Nothing is going to change until the club start calling it out. Are we just going to sit back and be cheated out of 56? I'm afraid the "dignified silence" stance no longer works, if it ever did, in these times.
Old git loyal.

It was exactly the same against Hearts, Kent hauled back in the box and then the one near full time on Sakala which was so forceful he fell backward, hurt his mouth and left the field bleeding

Not just him. I said last night in another thread about Walsh that Ewan Henderson was another 1.

He could've (should've) been booked halfway through the 1st half alone on totting up for persistent fouling. He carried on in a similar vein in the 2nd half before being subbed.

It gets very difficult not to get caught up in "the refs have been got at" type speculation when watching the likes of last night's game & the apparent leniency shown to 1 team & 1 team only.

Henderson, Jasper & Stevenson can count themselves very lucky not to get reds last night
Stevenson at the end was indulging in rugby tactics and wild challenges with no punishment

Also the new win a tackle and knock someone over is also a yellow card
I see the other side of that from our penalty last night. The guy might have got the lightest of touches on the ball, but he took Kent out in doing so, and his touch was so light it didn't move the ball in a different direction which meant it was a stonewall penalty.

I remember Willie Miller going taking McCoists legs away to get at the ball so that was obviously dangerous play and a foul, but aside from those dangerous tackle situations, I used to go by the old fashioned theory that if the guy gets the ball at all then it's not a free kick. I have changed my mind on that and last night's penalty was a good example where touching by the ball is not enough to say it wasn't a penalty.

We’ve had at least two opposition players allowed more than five fouls against us before a booking this season, yet last night we had two hooked for their first fouls and that’s not the first time that’s happened.

I find it very confusing and incredibly frustrating how we’re not a bit more savvy about it via the media channels.

I laughed when the big guy was outraged. I genuinely think he was saying to the ref "but my mates have been doing it all night and getting no cards!"
I think his anger was partly driven by the embarrassment of being handed his @rse numerous times by Alfredo!

Generally if it’s stopping a promising attack and the advantage plays through it’s not a booking now. Unless it’s a reckless foul.
We were talking about this ‘ advantags’.
If our player just stops at the tug, the ref books the the guy.
Play is so quick to decide whether it’s better to stop or carry on.

Ginger baws even tried to claim that the Jota goal first half was ruled out for a marginal offside instead of the fact he blatantly handled it to bring it under control.

No such thing.

It's an entirely binary decision: offside or not.

Last season we were so far ahead and so relentless that poor refereeing - and there was plenty - didn't come into the equation.

This season, and look at Sellik vs Hearts for proof, we are back to Colum, Walsh, Madden and Co. having a direct effect on the outcome of games, by amazing coincide always favouring the Yahoos.

There was at least 4 last night,he finally booked the big guy at the back who seemed to be irate about it,probably because his teammates had got away with it all night.
As Porteous screamed fcuk off right in the refs face with no action taken

I absolutely agree with all your points there mate and one thing I would love to see is more of our ex players calling it out. They have ex tims on speed dial who put pressure on the refs with what they say in the media.

Our former players show a lot more class and don't call it out.

Collum's performance on Sunday was not incompetence or bad refereeing. It was blatant cheating or carrying out of orders.
Balogun and Bassey's bookings were beyond laughable.

Last year there was no title race past October so the refs didn't influence games but now it's tight they are really going the extra mile to help the filth.

Some of the decisions this season they've had are unexplainable other than cheating.
I think it’s time that we started to take seriously the standard of refereeing in this country. There is undoubtedly an anti rangers mentality also, where we we do receive a penalty that rescission is scrutinised far more than for any other club. That could be due to the Tim lead media or it could be to do with the stigma we’ve received since 2013 - I dunno?

In all honesty I know even mentioning this subject is walking into wahoo territory, where they’ve been going on about it for years so I accept this possible scenario may be lauded and not to everyone’s taste. I’m not 100% convinced by it myself in truth but it’s worth posting.

Celtic have now received at least 5 offside goals this season so far. These goals have been game winners. It’s our fault we’ve let our lead slip away, however they have been afforded a certain points swing because of these errors/terrible decisions/purposeful or otherwise? If this has happened that often then where is this balancing out?

Yes it probably will come down to our games vs them, but are we being referred to a different standard in our other games? Is the cinch sponsorship via SPFL/SFA here influencing the final winners of the competition.

I dunno on all of the above but would be interested to see others opinions on it.
Great post bear. I think personally the wahoo element would have validation had it not been for the spiteful , venomous, actions of governing bodies , and member clubs without exception that pursued an agenda of demolishing the very fabric of our club.

No comradeship, care about the employees of our club, or community when 2012 worst case scenarios arrived.

This evidence , combined with the SPFL manipulating established rules , and protocols to singularly favour the only rivals to us winning premiership titles, if we are all being honest , leads to the conclusion that sully the fairness of football competition in Scotland .

So my point is that we all know it’s happening. Let’s continue to muster maximum exposure , using diverse UK based media streams such as talkSPORT , to challenge it.

Doing nothing is no longer an option .

I am not saying Walsh is a cheat but last night his performance was comical.

The complete failure to book players from Hibs was laughable. The penalty not given for us was a joke as well. Clear barge in the back, ref had a great view. The reason he never gave it is because he shat it, giving pens in one game to Rangers he will be getting called Brother Walsh, shit posted through his letterbox, windows smashed.

Celtic consistently have a large foul count but it hardly ever equates to high yellow or red card count.

Var is needed and it needs to be monitored by foreign officials.

My 8yr old called Porteous out last night saying no one touched him why is rolling about like that,the replay shows he was clearly at it there should be punishment for that .
Kent got sent off by Clancy for Lego doing exactly the same thing.

The compliance officer (no laughing) should be citing players who cheat to get fellow pros carded.

Also need to factor in the Special RANGERS HANDBALL IN THE PENALTY AREA RULE, whereby said Rangers player will be booked whether or not intentional and the Michael Stewart Biomeachancis Definition, Afredo with Fr Clancy at Pittodrie, the the following weekend 3 handball penalties awarded in the Scottish Cup games ours included and not one yellow card!
You will find all these definitions in the FIFA LAWS of the GAME Rangers Edition.

There was a really blatant one but Walsh correctly waved advantage, but the ball never went out of play for ages and the hibs player eventually got a wee ticking off.

Had we no advantage he would have had no option but to book the fucker.

In short, a cheat.

Are foul throws no longer a thing? Against Stirling Albion, Hearts and hibs there were umpteen throws in that should have been retaken or possession turned over.

If the MD had any balls we’d be compiling hours of video evidence and sending it to the SFA agitating for a fight.

Instead we’ll be having the same conversation in 2032.

In the first half Joe Aribo was pulled back four times. Would like to know the overall figure. Very, very sleekit way to stop Rangers scoring more goals. As I have said dozens of times on here. They are ALL cheats.

Mentioned in the Match thread last night as did others. Teams are given leeway because that aren’t very good whereas we are punished for being a good team. As an example, Hibs fouls where we managed to keep hold of the ball and push forward so the ref plays on, yet doesn’t go back and book player once play stops. Feels like the Hibs player gets away with it because the game continues despite the foul just because we had the ball and we’re in an attacking position. Hope that makes sense!
And yet across the city...

Mentioned in the Match thread last night as did others. Teams are given leeway because that aren’t very good whereas we are punished for being a good team. As an example, Hibs fouls where we managed to keep hold of the ball and push forward so the ref plays on, yet doesn’t go back and book player once play stops. Feels like the Hibs player gets away with it because the game continues despite the foul just because we had the ball and we’re in an attacking position. Hope that makes sense!

there was one i noticed
our player was fouled and another picked up the loose ball - Walsh played advantage
the advantage consisted of several Hibs players confronting him so the ball was recycled back to the defence
where was the advantage?
whatever happened to the practise of letting the game run to see if there was an actual advantage & if not, pull it back?

Now that the league is on a knife edge Collum's performance on Sunday and Walsh's performance last night will become the norm.

Some of the decisions in the last 2 games would be absolutely baffling if we didn't already know the referees are in Celtics pocket.
I'm really surprised (and relieved) this didn't happen last season to ensure the 10 (4.5 in reality?).

Unbelievable the disparity in the refereeing of our players vs. the opposition's.

I can sort of understand a ref making A decision - even if i don't agree with it
but the inconsistency is wild

i think it was Alfie wiped out on the edge of their box late in the 1st half - play on waved
the move carries out and Hibs go down our left - their player is wiped out almost identically - foul is given

I'm never one for blaming refs etc but the last few weeks have been like a running joke.

Some of the decisions (or lack of) have been mind boggling.

Last night it looked like Wlash was trying to make up for the fact he gave us a penalty.
This,and that’s what the intimidation of the officials brings.

I'm really surprised (and relieved) this didn't happen last season to ensure the 10 (4.5 in reality?).

Unbelievable the disparity in the refereeing of our players vs. the opposition's.
Tbf they were so bad last season the referees couldn't even save them. Not saying they are world beaters now but you are seeing them getting every single decision going this year.

I said to my brothers last night that the SPFL must be running some sort of handicapping system in football.

It seems the less successful clubs are allowed to hack, pull back and elbow The Famous at least 4 or 5 times for each offence before a whistle is blown or card shown.

Rangers, however, are to have a foul against or a card shown after only the first offence.
And usually the offence is imaginary or awarded under the handicap system by the cheating bassas in black. (See Balogun v Hearts (yellow) and Baningame (no whistle) for the assault on Ryan Jack for guidance)
It's only fair, I suppose. I get a hefty handicap when playing against much better golfers.

Last edited:
When were the new rules introduced that allows opposition players to pull back Rangers players by the jersey and no booking or fouls apply? I must've missed the introduction of this as by fck there wasn't half some jersey pulling involved in the last two games alone yet nothing given ffs!!
When? Since Gio and the team started asking questions about why our opposition are allowed to throw themselves to the ground for free kicks, on demand, it seems to me.

As you say, change in tactics now. Also allowed to stand 2 yards in front of our free kicks preventing us playing quick forward set pieces is now allowed against us as standard.

The strips should be re-designed to have Velcro fastening down the sides. When they pull the shirt hard enough it will come off and they'll be left holding it... No getting out of that one :)
Should just get Jimmy Bell to order in the tops a few sizes too wee, can't pull someone if you can't get a grip on their shirt

For anyone having difficulty understanding the new rules in place regards refereeing Rangers, here's a short video. Things should seem clear after you watch it.
At the end of the video, you'll see the Hivs defender get book for grabbing Alf's shirt then do it again two minutes later.
It all adds up.

Jaspers 3 bookable on their own fouls there
no room to fit in his other 5/6 fouls

highlights how we are reffed to a different standard

The thing is about the refs and this is a key point it is going to bite us on the ass because there is going to be times now this is all being done from a reaction from our players which would result in a card for our player for reacting, this is one scenario we need to be savvy with, to think the bookings we picked up and then look at the sheep game Ferguson blatantly taken out in box when player assaulting him not even looking at the ball, everything about all of this is beginning to stink to high heavens it is so so obvious, but again we just need to look out for ourselves at this moment in time keep heads down keep winning and give them no excuses

When were the new rules introduced that allows opposition players to pull back Rangers players by the jersey and no booking or fouls apply? I must've missed the introduction of this as by fck there wasn't half some jersey pulling involved in the last two games alone yet nothing given ffs!!

Same in world football

They know what they are doing these cards mount up at the run in do I need to say more cheating c….nts the lot of them

Back