News on Defoe in next couple of days

Would love the wee man to stay around our club after he hangs up his boots as well.

Hopefully signing on for another year.

He's just a fantastic asset to have around the Club.

The positive influence he has in so many facets of the game is priceless, you can see how happy the boss was to break the news.

I'd hope he moves into a coaching role in later years if that's the direction he wants to take.

Good news if this comes off. It sounds like he’s having a really positive impact around the place and still gives us important goals on the pitch

You can only imagine what a great influence he is around the club. Total professional, and just as importantly he gets what it is to be a Ranger.

Hope he stays. Is a true pro and would be an influence on our up and coming younger pros, as well as current pros.

Why couldn’t you have just kept it positive about him staying ?

Honest To %^*&

I thought I was being positive. I love Defoe but there are times if Morelos is out that we will need something different.

Delighted he appears to be staying and I'll make sure not to give my opinion in future!

Looks like he's staying then.

Good news if true.

As long as he’s not 1st or 2nd choice striker next season. 3rd choice/ role model/ coach material possibly.

Killie and St Mirren (deep lying teams at Ibrox) showed us that we miss Morelos badly given our style of play.
I’d worry if we had to rely on Defoe leading the line for an extended run of fixtures.

I really hope JD signs on for another year. I'm not too worried if he doesn't get much game time (in the event we bring in another striker in the summer ) because its what he offers to the club off the pitch that is so priceless.
He's been an absolutely brilliant acquisition for our club.

I’m delighted he’s staying and I think it’s another positive sign of the good direction the club is going in.

Hopefully some good news. Think he has improved Alfie during his time here so hopefully he can continue to that with our youth also

It would be great to have him a bit longer as a player and after that as a coach as I believe he would be a good motivator.

The Defoe-Kamara RTV challenges are funny. You can see the spirit in the squad.

There's obviously a joke about Kamara's hairline because Tav/Goldson are killing themselves about it in a separate RTV 'show'.

Brilliant news and I think he could play at the top level in Scotland for another 2 years easily.

Would love Defoe to stay and I'm certain he wants to stay, just hope he's willing to take a huge payout and we don't pay over the odds.
He must be on about 80k pw just now
This conversation will have been had, do you think SG would’ve mentioned it if it hadn’t?

Great news, model pro with deadly instincts, whats not to like.

Hopefully he can teach the youngsters a tenth of his ability

Great news, model pro with deadly instincts, whats not to like.

Hopefully he can teach the youngsters a tenth of his ability
Model pro indeed ! Alfie is a different person this season from last and I think that is down to Defoe, for the most part

Role model, mentor, Uncle Jermaine as Aribo calls him. It’s a yes from me, this guy is a class act who clearly makes an impact on and off the pitch.

Reactions: VMS
Great signing for on and off the field.

Never thought I would say that about a player of his age but he’s an absolute professional.

i hope he stays another year
still has goals in him so is
a fantastic player to have as a sub
and to set examples to others around Ibrox

Sign him up!

Potentially adding him to the coaching staff would be an amazing idea

What young player, and especially young English players wouldnt want to develop under Gerrard, McAllister and Defoe given their standing down South

Back