News on Defoe in next couple of days

Can't see a negative with this, clearly loves playing for us, and he still makes a good contribution when required. What a role model for our youths coming through aswell

No negatives to him signing. Great influence on younger players and makes a big contribution with goals

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our next manager after Gerrard leaves for Liverpool after delivering 57.

I hope we sign Defoe for a couple of years on a player/coaching role.

Jermain is a brilliant guy to have associated with our club, great player but a guy who seems to be universally liked.

we must be a great option for any young lad down south who is promising at an EPL club but isn’t getting a look in. With guys like Gerrard and Defoe speaking so fondly about Rangers these boys will want to come to Rangers

Still rub my eyes when I see him in a Rangers shirt. Top class professional and still a fantastic player. Must be incredible for the young kids at the club to be training every day with him

I have said it before he is a consummate professional and the sort of person we must have around our club whether in a playing capacity or otherwise.

It would be great to tie Jermain up for another year, a proper role model for our young pros, also the obvious influence he’s had on Alfie has been superb.

Hope he stays as well, no doubt has positive effects both on and off the pitch and raises the clubs profile positively in a similar mould to his boss.

And if nothing else both he and McGregor are the only 2 players left playing for us that are older than me, having these seniors still playing keeps ones own dream alive that wee bit longer:D Or at least tempers the realisation that I’m getting older and older!

Another year would be good. The experience he has to pass on to the younger players and his presence in the dressing room must be huge, let alone the goals he’s banging in

Nobody seems to have picked up on the significance of the last sentence from SG. Not only is Jermaine signing but Alfiemo is not going anywhere soon. :))

Would love to see him stay and then progress up in the coaching ranks. His pedigree and skills he has to offer would be a massive asset to the players and youngsters.

Great example to not just the youngsters but obvious he has been coaching Alfredo a bit to think he's the main reasons Alfredo has improved his overall game and dissent issues .
Love him as a coach but his big weapon can't really be taught , instinct to be in the right place at the right time great strikers are born with it .

Do we have any positions for coaches even at youth level he would be the perfect professional to have training the future generation how to be at the top of your game well into the tail end of your career

I'm guessing that at his age money is not his no1 priority. Its probably being happy with the environment and the chance to win trophies.

Hopefully get one more season out of him. Will need another striker in the summer whether Alfie goes or not.

Just seen the goal back from Wednesday for the 1st time since at the game,underrated finish, it takes a nick off a defender and he still adjusts quick enough to score.

We're lucky to have him, I'd imagine a few clubs in England would offer him more wages than we can.

It sounds as if it has been agreed in principal and it is now just a matter of formally getting the details sorted and contract signed off

Back