News on Defoe in next couple of days

Brilliant news, like the tweet says, I bet his influence on and off the pitch is brilliant and a great example for the younger lads too.

When he says on and off the pitch, could he be hinting at A strikers coach joint role?

I never saw the question, just the answer above.

Hopefully that’s a positive statement and means he’s here for longer than the end of this season.

He’s appears to be taking a lot of the youngsters under his wing and seems to be the ultimate professional to learn from.

Great guy to have around but the worry is if Morelos is out and he doesn't score that first half goal the other night... we had absolutely NOTHING on the bench to change it up.

Fingers crossed that he is signed, or ready to sign. I was getting slightly worried when nothing was being mentioned. He is crucial to both the title bid, and the continuity of the club after the summer. Come on Jermain, get it signed.

Sounds like he is staying for another year then. I’m happy with that if he does, gives us a good option off the bench next year and perfect guy to mentor who ever we bring in to replace Alfie if/when he goes in the summer

Love Defoe. I think he’s also a brilliant role model for our younger players. Look at the relationship him and Morelos has, not only had had gerrard helped mature Alfredo but I think defoe has had a big hand in this to

Sounds like good news. Would love him for another year and would love if he got involved in coaching. He seems like the model pro.

Not sure how much he’ll feature next season but his influence around the place will be invaluable to help a possible replacement for Alfie settle in.
The wee man is the ultimate Pro.

I really hope Jermain stays with us. He is a class act on and off the field. I also think Jermain has had a lot to do with Alfredo‘s improved discipline.

Great news, been a really positive influence around the club by all accounts and that's not even taking into the fact he's still a fantastic goalscorer doing the job on the park.

Find it really positive Gerrard coming out and saying how much of an influence he is off the pitch as well. This is great for the younger players coming up.

He is also correct with the St Mirren goal being skill. From the top of the Club Deck it looked like a bit of luck. From the repeats on the TV he new exactly what he was doing.

Low passes into the box on Sunday and here is hoping he will be jumping on them and putting the ball in the back of the net!

Great news. Couldn't think of a better role model for the younger members of our squad. Model professional who lives his life the right way on and off the pitch.

Brilliant piece of business. Has been exceptional both on and off the pitch for the club.

Very easy to see lot's of examples of players who have been at the top and clearly look for the money only at the end and give nothing back.

Defoe has been an exemplary pro and role model since the first day he arrived at the club.

Hopefully a player / coach role (if that's what he wants, I'm sure I read somewhere he's interested in that) so he makes a difference on and off the park.

Great striker has it all we should play to his strengths and get the ball to his feet hard to do with three sitting midfielders.

Back