Neymar wanted by Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City.

Mr Aqua

In some of the papers today. Anyone think that he'll be good for these clubs or will his ego cause too much problems?

Personally I'd love to see how he would get on in England.

Last edited:
His off and on field antics leave a lot to be desired, but he is a very gifted footballer would fit in nicely at Chelski.

When you think of the outlay in the transfer fee and the mental money he will be after with the potential of him acting up always there I don't know if he would 'be worth the bother.
I am hoping Stevie G is not interested either, unless it's a swap deal for one of our fringe players like barker

Why would City be a good option? Guardiola doesn’t like primadona players and certainly won’t accept players who won’t work hard off the ball.

He’d be a good fit for Norwich where porking your sister is the norm.

Not entirely convinced Guardiola will be there next year tbh.

Not entirely convinced Guardiola will be there next year tbh.

Fair point. It does feel like the City stint is drawing to a close. Might be time for Pardiola instead

source.gif

On form he's easily the best player in the world behind Messi, especially now that Ronaldo's best days are behind him.

I don't think the Pep guy will be there next season, if I'm honest, is this his fourth season at Man. City?

Think all 3 teams would be more interested in Mbappe & Jason Sancho before Neymar.

Can only see Neymar going back to Barcelona to be honest.

Im sure we want him as well. At the end of the day PSG will want a massive fee and Neymar is on a massive wage that clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea would scoff at giving him, imagine getting guys like Salah, Van Dijk and Mane all on around 150k a week then you have Neymar come in with his 600k+ a week wage, their agents would be turning up at their training ground wanting new deals immediately :D Same goes for City pretty sure their highest earners are on around 250k a week

Cant see him going anywhere but back to Spain if he does leave as those are the only clubs who are going to give him a similar wage

Im sure we want him as well. At the end of the day PSG will want a massive fee and Neymar is on a massive wage that clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea would scoff at giving him, imagine getting guys like Salah, Van Dijk and Mane all on around 150k a week then you have Neymar come in with his 600k+ a week wage, their agents would be turning up at their training ground wanting new deals immediately :D

Cant see him going anywhere but back to Spain if he does leave as those are the only clubs who are going to give him a similar wage

Barcelona desperately wanted him back. Im not sure why it didn’t go through but can only assume it was a question of money. He must feel huge regret leaving there even if he is a bit richer than before.

It’s funny because Neymar’s one of these players who seems to put as much focus on his brand as much as his on field exploits but I feel like his image has taken a big hit in recent years. Especially since the World Cup where he was hated for cheating his way through most games, then the absolute disrespect he showed PSG when he decided he didn’t fancy it anymore.

Barcelona desperately wanted him back. Im not sure why it didn’t go through but can only assume it was a question of money. He must feel huge regret leaving there even if he is a bit richer than before.

It’s funny because Neymar’s one of these players who seems to put as much focus on his brand as much as his on field exploits but I feel like his image has taken a big hit in recent years. Especially since the World Cup where he was hated for cheating his way through most games, then the absolute disrespect he showed PSG when he decided he didn’t fancy it anymore.
He's a fanny and unless they can win the CL there's very little a guy like him can do to improve his reputation outside of every 4 years at the world cup just because of their advantages domestically. That'll hurt the ego of players like him

Dont think PSG want to sell him back to Barca either and that's why he's still there, De Jong was just another bit of bitterness added to that "relationship" since the original Neymar deal

I don't think he gets in the Liverpool front three. As daft as that sounds, the three they have compliment each other perfectly.

If Liverpool wanted to upgrade their midfield and were thinking of raiding PSG they should be breaking the bank to sign Verratti whilst sticking Henderson firmly on the bench as back up.

Instantly makes them a better team.

Neymar is a fantastic footballer but he wouldn't fit into Klopp's philosophy. Since leaving Barca his defensive output has hit the floor. I doubt he is going to be able to put the defensive effort in that Liverpool require. Mbappe's defensive work rate isn't much better but with his age and lesser profile, I feel he could be molded better into what Klopp wants.

I don't think Chelsea have the money to sign Neymar, hasn't abromvich scaled back his investment.

Man city seems probably the best fit. A Barca like ethos, who want to be all about social media and are in need of an on the field boost. Would he compliment or hinder sterling though

I'm really warming to Chelsea now & I never really liked them before as much as other players.

The job Lampard has done with the transfer ban in place has been phenomenal.

I'd be wary if adding too many to that squad in January. They will stroll CL qualification & if offered that at the start of the season they'd have bitten your hand off for it

Reactions: TQ3
Back