Nick Walsh and his “impressive” celtic record.

Or the more people will convince themselves that the stats conform their bias. They have dominated the league for all but one season in the last 12 years, during that period they have rarely lost. It will be a rarity to find any referee who has overseen more than one or two losses for them in that time simply because they haven't lost many games.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

This doesn't explain things like:

- Their fouls to cards ratio being out of sync with the entirety of the rest of the league
- Their fouls to cards ratio being massively different to other teams in other countries who also dominate most games and finish near the top of their league.
- Their fouls to card ratio in Europe being within norms within European competiton for other clubs, yet a massive increase from what they get domestically
- Rangers fouls to cards ratio does not have such an enormous discrepancy

The above isn't specific to Walsh admittedly. And a poster above has posted some stats that appear to refute claims about Walsh individually.

But there are definitely question marks about the refereeing of celtic domestically

Last edited:
42 games 32 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats. 5 defeats were Hamilton 19/20, Tims 4-0 Sheep 2-0 and tims 2-1 league cup final 22/23. This season its tims away in the 2-1 defeat.

- 66 yellows to our players 106 to opposition.
- 12 penalties for to 2 against
- 2 red cards to our players and 7 to the opposition.
- 4 Derby games 16 yellows for them 12 for us and 1 red each.

Comparison with them:

33 games 28 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat.

- 84 opposition yellows to their 44.
- 8 penalties for 3 against
- 1 red card for them 3 to the others.

The win ratio stats argument used here often doesn’t pass the merest iota of scrutiny. A team winning nearly every league in a decade will have those stats with every referee.

The yellow/red card also struggles in the respect but has a few outliers that should be raised. One the trend remains the same between a season we are miles of it (Pedro etc) and when we are competing at the top end (GVB). It also was a trend that continued into 55 when we went a season undefeated in the league and they imploded. They STILL had a favourable card count.

Truth be told the only way this kind of story is ever discussed in main stream media is if it’s done under the guise that it’s hurting Celtic in Europe. But it will never happen as no one will ever question in print if they are being reffed leniently.

There is a definite bias in their favour when it comes to issuing cards - from all refs not just Walsh - but I think it is just ingrained at this stage. I suspect if we had won the league 11 times out the last 12 then we would be the ones getting the favourable treatment.

But we also see everything from our point of view. I sit next to a guy who sees every single decision by the ref as a disgrace. If John Lundstram attacked an opponent with a chainsaw he'd be claiming the ref couldn't have seen it from his angle or some such nonsense. We need to call out the truly ridiculous decisions and bide our time on the general bias - the latter will change when we start winning regularly.

He’s a Celtic fan. Plain and simple. He played with my team for about 3 years. Never saw him without a celtic top. Wore it under his goalie strip every week (yes he was a keeper even although he’s small). I scored a throw in against him when he left because the donkey touched the ball going into the top corner. He is one of them, 100%.

Edit, he also had some sort of training role at Celtic youths whilst he played with my team. He ran training drills or something
hard drive check and lawyers in coming

There is a definite bias in their favour when it comes to issuing cards - from all refs not just Walsh - but I think it is just ingrained at this stage. I suspect if we had won the league 11 times out the last 12 then we would be the ones getting the favourable treatment.

But we also see everything from our point of view. I sit next to a guy who sees every single decision by the ref as a disgrace. If John Lundstram attacked an opponent with a chainsaw he'd be claiming the ref couldn't have seen it from his angle or some such nonsense. We need to call out the truly ridiculous decisions and bide our time on the general bias - the latter will change when we start winning regularly.

Dunno why this made me laugh so much - got an image of bigJohn "Leatherface" Lundstram just swinging a chainsaw about on the park and dismembering random hammerthrowers.

But back on topic - Walsh is a bias wee dickhole and has shot right to the top of the "aw naw, not him again" list in recent months.

Apparently Celtic have only lost 1 of the 32 games Nick Walsh has refereed of theirs.

Our 4-1 win in the meaningless game at Ibrox in May 2021 as we had won the league about 10 weeks previously, and in front of no fans.

Some stats that 27 wins (84.4%), 4 draws, 1 defeat (3.1%) 90 goals for, 25 against.

He has awarded them 8 penalties, or 1 every 4 games too.

I‘ve not checked thoroughly but do know he has been in charge of at least 5 draws and 5 defeats for us, with 3 of the defeats v celtic.
would need to compare that to each of the other refs stats to be able to judge

What you need stats wise are

Fouls count Rangers & opponents excl OF
Fouls count Celtic & opponents excl OF
Cards ratio Rangers & opponens excl OF
Cards ratio Celtic & opponents excl OF
Card timings Rangers & opponents excl OF
Card timings Celtic & opponents excl OF
Injury time played where result is draw or Rangers/Celtic losing

Per ref.

Fouls count OF games
Cards ratio OF games
Cars timings OF games

What you will find is:

Rangers opponents concede less fouls and are less often and booked later in games. Whereas Celtic's opponents have higher fouls and are booked earlier.
Shinnie being the shining example here. 28 mins and 2nd foul against Celtic whereas against us it was 84 mins and his 7th foul.

You'll also find Celtic are allowed to commit a lot more fouls for each yellow card. The classic example being they flood the opponents box at every opportunity and when play breaks, they commit a foul. They never get booked for this.

You'll also find Rangers players get booked earlier in games, to affect them for the rest of the match. We've seen it so many times now. Opponents kick us over the pitch yet our player gets booked for their first foul.

Lastly, there's always magic injury time where Celtic are chasing a goal. I think we've seen up to 11 mins added when they need a goal.

Things should even themselves out over a season. They do not. We know exactly what certain refs are up to every time they ref a side of the OF.

Those who find this embarrassing, did you read the thread? A lot of people claim to know for a fact that he is a Celtic fan, and quite a big one. In what world is that not a problem? Especially when we have now seen several major decisions go the way of the team he supports when he has been referee.

Celtic fans cling to this thing about him wearing Rangers training gear because of something to do with his school being a “feeder” to Rangers.. not sure I understand what they really means given the Youth Development setup at Ibrox.

“He is on the payroll” at Rangers as a result is all you’ll hear.

I swear, there’s a briefing goes out to Celtic fans because they are word-perfect and consistent on their narrative.
But this sort of smear works for them- Walsh then subliminally thinks he has to go over the line to disprove it.

Win/Win for the Filth.

A lie: tries to disprove it.
The truth: tries too hard to show he's not biased.

Either way, we get screwed.

Refs should be monitored on their bookings to fouls ratios. It would make very interesting reading.
This is where the real scandal is
I read somewhere that the
The SPFL pretty much sits like this
Celtic - 1 Yellow card per 17-19 fouls
Us - 1 per 10 fouls
Aberdeen - 1 per 8
Hibs - 1 per 8
Hearts - 1 per 7
Right down to Livi and St J on 1 per 4 fouls

Celtic have the highest ratio in European domestic football

HOWEVER
What is really interesting when you factor our top 5 teams in European competition….
Every single team is between 4 and 5 fouls per booking
This season I believe Celtic were 1 booking for every 4 fouls in Europe. Why the massive discrepancy? A few fouls you can understand but 300% increase in the SPFL beggars (sic) belief

Surprised no journo has picked this up

I'm not.

Someone needs to commission a proper scientific study into refereeing in Scotland.

A full scientific study would 100% find a lot of statistical abnormalities that show referees generally favour the mhanks.

Him like a lot of them are so incompetent it makes you wonder if it’s just incompetency or something else…

The peasants went after Walsh at their AGM. They've never had to worry about him ever since.

Something that gets me riled about stuff like this is that there's never a cheep from the SFA.

Last edited:
Nick Walsh was/is 100% a Celtic fan growing up.

His boyfriend isn't.

These are 100% facts so you are either bamming folk up or doing the devils work.
As I said earlier in the thread, needs proving then. Chuntering on partisan message boards to each other only reinforces your own “opinion”, but with the lack of any real substance/evidence you’re not going to convince anyone else or get any meaningful outcome. Except increasing your own blood pressure.

As I said earlier in the thread, needs proving then. Chuntering on partisan message boards to each other only reinforces your own “opinion”, but with the lack of any real substance/evidence you’re not going to convince anyone else or get any meaningful outcome. Except increasing your own blood pressure.
I'm fine Coop, son.

I think Walsh is the best of a bad lot. I don't think he cheats or has any obvious biases such as Clancy but I do think it warrants a degree of scrutiny that Collum, Clancy, Robertson and Walsh all grew up supporting Celtic.

We know how the Celtic fan base grew up being fed stories of them being wronged, so it doesn't seem unfathomable that some of them could harbour ambitions of righting these wrongs from the centre circle.

It's not paranoia, it's about being aware of the enemies capabilities.

Apparently Celtic have only lost 1 of the 32 games Nick Walsh has refereed of theirs.

Our 4-1 win in the meaningless game at Ibrox in May 2021 as we had won the league about 10 weeks previously, and in front of no fans.

Some stats that 27 wins (84.4%), 4 draws, 1 defeat (3.1%) 90 goals for, 25 against.

He has awarded them 8 penalties, or 1 every 4 games too.

I‘ve not checked thoroughly but do know he has been in charge of at least 5 draws and 5 defeats for us, with 3 of the defeats v celtic.
Is that Nhick Whalsh the unbiased SFA referee you're talking about there?

Has refereed 4 celtic games this season awarded them 4 penalties.

Has now recommended a review whilst on VAR to award them a penalty for the second time this season.

6 penalty involvements so far this season for him is quite an achievement.

Has now recommended a review whilst on VAR to award them a penalty for the second time this season.

Today’s was a clear penalty no ?

I thought those Bheast bastards were playing tomorrow till I seen this bumped.

Boyd said on SSN it was a stonewaller penalty.

When you see how these match officials are, we don’t stand a fucking chance at titles. The more our fans wake up and smell the coffee instead of turning a blind eye to the blatant cheating from the likes of Clancy, Collum and Walsh is why our club will continue to get shafted

When you see how these match officials are, we don’t stand a fucking chance at titles. The more our fans wake up and smell the coffee instead of turning a blind eye to the blatant cheating from the likes of Clancy, Collum and Walsh is why our club will continue to get shafted
I understand and get where you are coming from mate and I have absolutely no doubt they bastards are refereed differently but if we had taken care of Motherwell,Dundee ,County we’d be 3 points clear

I understand and get where you are coming from mate and I have absolutely no doubt they bastards are refereed differently but if we had taken care of Motherwell,Dundee ,County we’d be 3 points clear
The Motherwell game which should’ve saw the guy who scored the winner sent off?

We stood a brilliant chance of the title until a couple of weeks ago when we shat the bed against Ross County and Dundee.

Had perfectly legitimate goals in the September Old Firm game not been ruled out…

had our first “equaliser” from Dessers the other week for the Lawrence “foul”, a less physical instance than a goal that was given in Arsenal v Chelsea the other night, not been ruled out…

Had Johnston and Bernardo not been allowed to get away with clear second yellow offences in the game at Torbett Towers….

Can you give an updated league table projection for all that ?

This is exactly what they do, states facts and shout conspiracy. Then when someone breaks down their facts their argument breaks down. The whole "Rangers haven't conceded a penalty in x games" was brought to hault by a penalty being awarded against us incorrectly.

Which of the 4 penalties shouldn't have been given?

That being said, I like to see us using the same tactics, because its clearly working for them in creating an unconscious bias in my opinion. I'd much rather clubs left the public slating of officials to the fans and they all adopt Clement's approach, I feel like this is the best chance of getting positive change.

We’ve been Robbed in all 3 games against them this season if the shoe was on the other foot it wouldn’t be out the press
Not disagreeing, but still doesn't change the fact that we went into 2 games against Ross County and Dundee for a 2 point lead and came out of them 3 points behind.

Back