Nick Walsh is a sneaky wee rat.

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
How folk on here reckon he is the best in Scotland is mystifying. He was fair his first half dozen games in the top flight, till he got his feet firmly under the table and has reverted to celtic supporting type.

He has refereed 2 celtic games this season, given them a penalty in each straight off the bat. How VAR never overturned the one at Tynecastle is an even bigger mystery.

He awarded 30 fouls against their opposition but only 17 against celtic. He has booked 6 opposition players, 2 Ross County players within the first 39 minutes, but only one celtic player over the entire 2 games in 93rd minute at Tynecastle.

We have suffered him 4 times this season, 2 of the 3 penalties we have been awarded were by VAR. Totally ignored by him in the first instance.

He has awarded 53 fouls against us over these 4 games, an average of 13.25 per game, we average 9.3 in the others he wasn’t in charge of, over 40% more than average, Celtic over 10% less.

He has managed to book 4 of our players in the first half of games. It’s happened only one other occasion in the 16 domestic games this season.

He continually allows free hits on our players, Devlin’s yesterday a prime example. How Shinnie got through 90 minutes without a card is another mystery.

We have only won 4 out the last 7 of our matches he has been in charge of.

If we can't beat a terrible Aberdeen side, who lost six to them, then we simply didn't deserve the three points. Nothing to do with ref.

If the referee was that 'sneaky' he could easily have yellow carded Cantwell and red carded Goldson.

Shinnie got away with murder but that seems to be in any game with any ref when he plays.

Our problems are elsewhere.

If we can't beat a terrible Aberdeen side, who lost six to them, then we simply didn't deserve the three points. Nothing to do with ref.

He books Devlin for his terrible foul he doesn’t play the same way he did, same with any of Shinnie’s first four out his eight fouls.

We had to take Cantwell off at Hampden because Walsh booked him within the first half hour.

The week before in the league against Hearts they took their full back off immediately after he pulled back our player 3 times in the one run because he was on a booking.

Folk underestimate the effect of an early booking.

I have to say I really don't see it with Walsh at all. I think he's probably the fairest one we have. I'm always quite reassured when he has the game and it's not the cheat Clancy or someone totally incompetent.
This. It's human nature every referee will have a stinker but I've always found Walsh, in the main, an honest and largely competent referee.

There were a few players lucky to escape yellows yesterday on both sides I felt.

If the referee was that 'sneaky' he could easily have yellow carded Cantwell and red carded Goldson.

Shinnie got away with murder but that seems to be in any game with any ref when he plays.

Our problems are elsewhere.

He should have booked Cantwell, the same as he should have booked Miovski for his blatant dive in the box. Miovski also deliberately handled the ball, and in another instance kicked the ball away. 3 straight forward yellow cards that arent down to interpretation. He did book Duk on 87 mins for kicking the ball away.

What was Goldson getting a red card for ?

We can all quibble about this booking and that booking.

Nick Walsh is a good ref IMO. I was glad it was him going to the monitor at the end because some refs might just have been swayed by the on-going false narrative of Rangers being handed penalties to win games.

He should have booked Cantwell, the same as he should have booked Miovski for his blatant dive in the box. Miovski also deliberately handled the ball, and in another instance kicked the ball away. 3 straight forward yellow cards that arent down to interpretation. He did book Duk on 87 mins for kicking the ball away.

If that had been a European game, Goldson may well have got a red for swinging his arm towards an opponent's face.

Yellow was correct IMO but I've seen reds given for less.

The spin about Rangers getting 'dodgy' penalties from VAR is simply because the dark side and their media puppets are gutted that Rangers are now being refereed more fairly. VAR would not be needed for Rangers penalties as often as it is - were it not for referees being too scared to award them to Rangers in the first instance. It is why VAR is essential up here for a more even playing field and they just cannot handle it!

A yellow was correct but if he was a 'sneaky wee rat' there was enough in it that VAR wouldn't have overturned it should Walsh made it a red.

It's not compulsory to live up to your moniker.

There is one club in this country who know how to pile pressure on officials, and have the media presence to intensify that pressure.

We have no sway at all, and don't seem to want any either (which, to be fair, is the moral high ground).

Refs are poor across the board, but in games like yesterday the only thing that impacted the outcome was us yet again missing several sitters.

The persistent fouling is annoying, but one of those things you just have to deal with. Take your chances and it's not a problem.

How folk on here reckon he is the best in Scotland is mystifying. He was fair his first half dozen games in the top flight, till he got his feet firmly under the table and has reverted to celtic supporting type.

He has refereed 2 celtic games this season, given them a penalty in each straight off the bat. How VAR never overturned the one at Tynecastle is an even bigger mystery.

He awarded 30 fouls against their opposition but only 17 against celtic. He has booked 6 opposition players, 2 Ross County players within the first 39 minutes, but only one celtic player over the entire 2 games in 93rd minute at Tynecastle.

We have suffered him 4 times this season, 2 of the 3 penalties we have been awarded were by VAR. Totally ignored by him in the first instance.

He has awarded 53 fouls against us over these 4 games, an average of 13.25 per game, we average 9.3 in the others he wasn’t in charge of, over 40% more than average, Celtic over 10% less.

He has managed to book 4 of our players in the first half of games. It’s happened only one other occasion in the 16 domestic games this season.

He continually allows free hits on our players, Devlin’s yesterday a prime example. How Shinnie got through 90 minutes without a card is another mystery.

The added time really annoyed me yesterday.

They wasted time the whole second half and he added 5 minutes.

They weren't sending players to take throw ins at one point and booting the ball away when we had a free kick. They went down with cramp and took ages to get up.

The penalty Var decision took about 4 minutes and he added 2 on at the end. I think we would have nicked it if he played another 2 or 3 minutes like he should have.

I don’t know what this thread is about. No one in Scottish football apart from Rangers gets favourable decisions from refs. :rolleyes:

Not sure of his leanings one way or other and actually don’t think he is that bad a referee.

He taught PE at my wife’s school as an NQT, I will if he divulged which team he supported growing up.

Could tell he didn't want you give that penalty yesterday not because he thought it wasn't the right decision but he was terrified of the repercussions in the media and online.

This is a pretty dangerous precedent being set in Scotland now refs are clearly wanting to take the easy option because of the constant propaganda.

I can see us being absolutely shafted by the officials again at the knewcamp in a couple of weeks because of this.

Like most of the officials in this country the first name in the book must wear a Rangers shirt,

Worryingly though he's not the worst we've got!

I have to say I really don't see it with Walsh at all. I think he's probably the fairest one we have. I'm always quite reassured when he has the game and it's not the cheat Clancy or someone totally incompetent.
I think most would agree.

One thing I did notice from yesterday was how Aberdeen copied some of the sly moves from the Scum from the last couple of years. Loads of small, niggly fouls all over the pitch, by different players.

Not bad enough to get carded, but more than enough to stop our attacks and completely disrupt the play

No use running around like an angry blue bear / Tasmanian devil ranting at all and sundry. Focus on Rangers, it is down to us. Our player's didn't have what it takes to win, the same as numerous times with the same players. There is a level of consistency with these players, consistently they let you down when provided with an opportunity. Not the ref. We could have played all day without scoring. We should have lost, they gift wrapped us our equaliser.

No one at the club agrees with you. Certainly, nobody there thinks it worth raising.

Did we ever get this ?

Since we have come back up we’ve had the likes of

but we don’t hire Private Investigators to pry in to referees private lives. We don’t cave their heads in on the pitch, tan their windows, or cause a referees strike.

we bend over and Cinch our butt cheeks, as that’s all our Board are interested in, their money.

I think most would agree.

One thing I did notice from yesterday was how Aberdeen copied some of the sly moves from the Scum from the last couple of years. Loads of small, niggly fouls all over the pitch, by different players.

Not bad enough to get carded, but more than enough to stop our attacks and completely disrupt the play
If that's all teams have to do to impact us then we've no hope.

How did robson not get red carded for ranting at the ref
if a manager in any other league ranted like he did
would have being sent off

Never mind the referee this time. Our whole approach and start to that game is indicative of wider problems. Mentality being one and taking simple chances being another. Why we weren't right up for that game from the start is baffling for me.

I don’t agree tbh. Nick Walsh would be my first pick to referee our games.

He’s given us plenty penalties and sent off other players against us. I think he’s pretty fair.

Not sure of his leanings one way or other and actually don’t think he is that bad a referee.

He taught PE at my wife’s school as an NQT, I will if he divulged which team he supported growing up.

He went to St Andrews in Greenfield. He is a Celtic fan who taught PE at Douglas Academy, but claims to support Partick Thistle, Clyde or any other Glasgow area minnow to make out he is impartial.

Nailed it sick of hearing about refs,our team are bottlers when it matters, look into that instead of refs.

Yesterday was an anomaly,
Every week I sit at Ibrox with my mates and we always say first booking will be a blue jersey and it usually is,

I hope you're not disputing that?
You ought to focus more on the game than discussing conspiracies in the stands.

Team booked first in our 13 league games this season:

Rangers- 4
Other- 8

Back