No assistant manager

Why Kevin Thomson?
He’s had a fair bit of coaching experience he also knows the club inside out.
He was apparently highly rated by Gerrard and his staff when he was here.

Probably other candidates but I feel we are missing a trick not using someone who knows the club and the League inside out.

I’d take Kenny Millar, failing that Kevin Thompson with a view to him becoming manager after Beale leaves to the EPL or England job.

Let me know when someone discovers what he actually does.

An indulgence to Gerrard
Yet he is exactly what people are crying out for as a Scottish/Rangers-leaning person on the staff who “knows what it means”.

This is always something seen as being essential when we aren’t winning.

He’s got his team. Knows Scottish football and the playing squad. Doesn’t need anyone else.
FF interview would be , if you can kick the door off it’s hinges like Terry Butcher then the job’s yours.

Would any of the existing squad be looking to migrate into a coaching role going into next season the way Defoe did? Davis & McGregor could have a place alongside Beale.

The biggest plus with KT or Mcann is that they have watched the team constantly over the last couple of seasons where a new member of the staff might not have seen any of the players before. Im sure though that Beale has been quietly watching our games to, i think Beale had KT down to qpr but he decided against moving down there fulltime so he could be one that Beale brings in.

Back