No-one cares about Manchester City?

Debt that is repaid.

Not fake sponsorships and side contracts with managers to circumvent FFP rules.

The playing field was already skewed. The limited regulations in place prevented further abuse but this mob think they can get away with whatever they want.
Repaid when exactly? The Glazers saddled Man United with this debt nearly 20 years ago and they haven't repaid a penny.

Looking at Rangers and Manchester City in 2003 against Rangers and Manchester City in 2023, I know which one iis more of a “new club” to me. And it ain’t us.

Yep

Not one of our fans make a peep about human rights if we got bought over by a Sheikh and we ended up winning the Champions League

It's all envy.
If our support got wind of a Sheikh being interested in taking over Rangers.the majority would be flashing their knickers at him like a hooker.we talk a good game about a sustainable model but deep down many are longing for a sugar daddy to take over.

Did you say the same when we were outspending the rest of Scottish football by millions and winning the vast majority of the trophies?
Yes ,you are correct.But did we care as we were winning everything ?.I wish City all the best.

It will show that they've spent millions that they didn't have. Is that not cheating?
Its living outwith their means, which is why ffp are watching them. Only City have been charged for allegations such ss cheating.

Original point was though that they can easily generate millions from their worldwide fanbase alone, whereas City cannot.

Scum from council estates, that's nice of you. Your no Rangers fan or you wouldn't be calling so many of them, council estate scum. Hope I never bump into the likes of you. Sickening description of people who don't have as much as others. Something used too much on here.

Before you say I'm talking about man city, I've always been from council estates, but I have respect for decent people, no matter their background and there are many decent people in the estates.
You clearly struggle with reading, I said scum from a council estate. Don’t go jumping in two footed claiming I’ve said all people from council estates are scum, so calm yourself down

They borrowed massively to do it and I’m taking zero away from the on field achievement. All I’m saying they weren’t whiter than white either is the reality of the modern game.
I wasn't making any point about their upstanding morality. Simply, that Man United can generate millions from their supporters alone that City wouldn't be able to live with.

You clearly struggle with reading, I said scum from a council estate. Don’t go jumping in two footed claiming I’ve said all people from council estates are scum, so calm yourself down
Your words were scum from a council estate, not to mention getting looked after by the govt. How else should I take it?

There's plenty scum with white collars who have ripped off many people for vast amounts of money, but I know all white collar workers are not made this way.

Probably because they're way too good for the rest of the teams and it's becoming more and more of a one team league.

Your words were scum from a council estate, not to mention getting looked after by the govt. How else should I take it?

There's plenty scum with white collars who have ripped off many people for vast amounts of money, but I know all white collar workers are not made this way.
They got a stadium for free after the commonwealth games, again you’re jumping in without having a clue

City are a British team, and I'm gonna hope they win. As for they spend money crap, you could say that for a majority of teams throughout the years, including us.

Last edited:
So if they are found guilty of 115 instances of breaching the rules (effectively cheating that’s ok
You're having a different debate mate.

Man City could have appointed Lampard as their manager, still breached the rules but they wouldn't be going for a treble tomorrow. The players and staff still work their arses off. To call their achievements fake is an incredible view to hold of what is one of the generationally great teams. You can't dismiss all their hard work because people in the boardroom have moved money about illegally.

They got a stadium for free after the commonwealth games, again you’re jumping in without having a clue
That's not the fault of people living on an estate. All this middle east funding has nothing to do with them, much as all the money from that part of the world is getting it's money into all sports. Only a matter of time before they're the main people behind FIFA and UEFA. I'd say they're half way there already.

So if they are found guilty of effectively cheating you deem that ok as you like the football they play

I never said that. My original post was taking issue with the poster saying that it’s fake. It’s not fake. You brought up ffp even though I said, and this will be third time, you may be unhappy with how the club finances itself and the source of the funds but you can’t deny the quality of football is as good as we’ve ever seen.

I wasn't making any point about their upstanding morality. Simply, that Man United can generate millions from their supporters alone that City wouldn't be able to live with.
From supporters who couldn’t find Old Trafford with a map, compass, GPS or Satnav. Glory hunters who in reality have nothing in common with the club they deliberately choose to support for reasons of self interest.
Almost all of whom will never actually see United play in the flesh.

i like pep but dont like city

i just dont like what they stand for but sadly its the way of english football these days

just a bunch of saudi or arab oil billionaire play things and i think being older (i mean im only 40, im no that old..) but football has changed so much in my lifetime to the point its sickening to look at sometimes

the transfer fees, wages.. lifestyle etc, sure its probably rose tinted glasses but city it feels like stands on the shoulders of everything i have grown to hate about what has become of the game, i used to enjoy watching the premier league years ago but even now i find myself just watching the scottish game only for the most part, but IPTV played a massive part in that, I would sooner watch a smaller club play up here than the likes of villa/burnley/leeds etc just to see how our domestic game is getting on, but without IPTV I wouldnt be able to do that as none of it is televised

It’s not fake. You can be unhappy at the source of their wealth but money doesn’t guarantee anything, they’ve still got a coach and a squad that is at a level seldom seen in football.
There are countless rich teams who aim to win the CL/league every year. Your point would only be valid if man city were the only rich team.

At present they're the best rich team, it's it's not a fake achievement. They're winning these titles surrounded by other teams of their level. Not Motherwell and Oldham.

Not a fan of Man City at all.

A tourist club. There is something wrong when you cannot sellout all Champions League matches.
Norway, Dublin, in fact the whole of the South of Ireland, Cornwall, the Home Counties, Malaysia, China, Singapore………the Man U / Liverpool heartlands.

From supporters who couldn’t find Old Trafford with a map, compass, GPS or Satnav. Glory hunters who in reality have nothing in common with the club they deliberately choose to support for reasons of self interest.
Almost all of whom will never actually see United play in the flesh.
Them and Liverpool are easily the 2 best supported in the UK and Ireland.

The issue with City isn't money - it's the amount of money and the source of money.

The richest football teams have always won the most trophies, but with City you're seeing a state-sponsored form of sportwashing from a rouge nation state that has almost endless wealth.

That's a hell of a lot different from being bankrolled by a Scottish businessman.
100% correct

Many of the 99 United team were home grown, class of 92 players, not just bought by a rich consortium playing football manager for real. Managed by a guy who was almost sacked for his lack of success but went on to build the most successful dynasty in modern football. That's why the utd team got respect that this city lot won't. A club bought and bankrolled by a questionable nation state with unlimited funds and the accusation of financial doping hanging over them.
Birthday caird pish, as people would say here.

I really like the City team (Haaland, Gundogan, Dias, Rodri, Grealish etc) Also quite like pep these days, he’s pretty chilled.

Can’t stand their fans though. Still feel like the whole club is fake. Hope inter win.
Fuuk all wrong with their fans .Most of them stuck with that club through tick and thin, right down to the third tier of the football league. Good luck to them i say.

It clearly does matter about the source of funding, otherwise we wouldn’t be having the discussion.

Man City’s success is only controversial because of the source of funding.

They’ve went from a club that was often a relegation-candidate to the best team on the planet because of the source of funding.
Doesnt matter to their fans, and the more Man utd and Liverpool fans hate it the more i like it!!

That's comparing apples and oranges.

Man United were able to spend millions that they generated through being the biggest club in the world, arguably.

Man City aren't even in the top 3 supported clubs in the North West of England and can only spend that money through cheating.
So "the biggest club in the world" should always be "the biggest club in the world" ? Thats fine then.

It’s not fake. You can be unhappy at the source of their wealth but money doesn’t guarantee anything, they’ve still got a coach and a squad that is at a level seldom seen in football.
Yep. Just ask PSG how easy it's going as probably the richest team in the world

Its living outwith their means, which is why ffp are watching them. Only City have been charged for allegations such ss cheating.

Original point was though that they can easily generate millions from their worldwide fanbase alone, whereas City cannot.
Is spending millions on players while you are one billion pounds in debt not living outwith your means?

I feel like a lot of clubs like ours kept our identity when we came into money.

City however feel soulless, just look at how few people turned up at the Etihad for their title celebrations.

Along with clubs like PSG, Man City are about as fake/plastic as you can get. They've just bought their success.

Didn't used to have a problem with Man City at all but have grown to severely dislike them. Really do hope Inter can win at the weekend.

Nothing "fake" about their fans. A lot more proper fan base than the majority of your man utd or liverpool support.

Son in law,his father,his brother, other family ALL season ticket holders, ALL living in Manchester.
Hoping for a stylish City treble.

If those who dislike Manchester City and don't want them to win trophies because they are rich then do they feel the same way about the twenty other richest clubs in the world?

These clubs would include, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester United, PSG, Juventus, Bayern Munich, B Dortmund, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal. Interestingly last nights' ECL winners West Ham United are 15th richest club and Newcastle Utd are now there too. Also who knows what sleeping giant may become rich next with a massive financial consortium.

I am not a Man City supporter but they do have a history and a core set of fans who have followed through thick and thin. Many of them have waited over 50 years (like ourselves) for new European success them winning the ECWC in 1970. I wish them well.

Last edited:
I don’t really care just because I’ve got older I have less interest in the wider football world outside Rangers and NI. It’s also a different ball game down there in terms of spend on transfers and wages.

There’s a nauseating snobbery around City though. Haaland aside, which of their team where all the top sides fighting over? Majority were signed from the likes of Monaco (B Silva), Benfica (Dias), Villa (Grealish), they didn’t go and cherry pick Galactico’s.
Speaking of which, that’s exactly what Real Madrid did in the early 2000’s, with questionable funding etc, but nobody seemed to mind that because we were used to them winning.

Back