Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Some South American chap was on my flight up from Heathrow on his way to sign for Celtic. Had grown men chasing him for a photo and can confirm an older guy in his company (presumably his dad or advisor) doesn't wash his hands after doing a pee.

Some South American chap was on my flight up from Heathrow on his way to sign for Celtic. Had grown men chasing him for a photo and can confirm an older guy in his company (presumably his dad or advisor) doesn't wash his hands after doing a pee.
Fits right in then the mank

They're fair bigging up the left back they're about to sign.
Seems to be highly-rated, tbh it only makes our situation more frustrating when they're signing South American youngsters, whilst we haven't really done anything.

The other side of it though is he looks tiny, Juranovic is only about 5'8" & their CB's aren't giants either, hopefully we start to see sides exploiting their lack of height next season.

Seems to be highly-rated, tbh it only makes our situation more frustrating when they're signing South American youngsters, whilst we haven't really done anything.

The other side of it though is he looks tiny, Juranovic is only about 5'8" & their CB's aren't giants either, hopefully we start to see sides exploiting their lack of height next season.

We've signed Arfield, Davis and McGregor :rolleyes:

Like for like as the left back he is replacing is Taylor who is about 4ft 8.

Never heard of, nor seen him play. Attack minded going by reports but very poor defensively - probably stroll Scottish football and be absolutely destroyed in Europe.

Let’s hope some of the Scottish sides are aware of Postecoglou’s only tactic and can hurt them.
Laxalt without the braids.

A lot is being made about how highly rated Bernabei is. Of all the (Argie) pundits I have read they think he has the potential to be a good player (positives and negatives to his game) but they are more interested in how he goes from playing in Argentina to Scotland (Europe).

These guys, who know more than I do and I watch quite a lot of Argieball, have never quoted him in theeir young players to watch. And their lists can comprise of over 50 players.

Also, when a young player is 'highly rated' Boca and River are always sniffing about. They haven't been.

What I have seen of him supports the initial claims: decent going forward, poor defensively. But we need to stop thinking he is some sort of superstar. That's not to say he wont do well. He may well due to Celtic dominating most of their games. But Ralston has looked good for them and he's average.

A couple of SA comparisons: Everybody used to rave about Fabricio Bustos (a right back but similar in style) and he has never made the next level . I used to rave about Arzamendia (Paraguayan left back) and he is struggling to get a game for Cadiz.

A lot is being made about how highly rated Bernabei is. Of all the (Argie) pundits I have read they think he has the potential to be a good player (positives and negatives to his game) but they are more interested in how he goes from playing in Argentina to Scotland (Europe).

These guys, who know more than I do and I watch quite a lot of Argieball, have never quoted him in theeir young players to watch. And their lists can comprise of over 50 players.

Also, when a young player is 'highly rated' Boca and River are always sniffing about. They haven't been.

What I have seen of him supports the initial claims: decent going forward, poor defensively. But we need to stop thinking he is some sort of superstar. That's not to say he wont do well. He may well due to Celtic dominating most of their games. But Ralston has looked good for them and he's average.

A couple of SA comparisons: Everybody used to rave about Fabricio Bustos (a right back but similar in style) and he has never made the next level . I used to rave about Arzamendia (Paraguayan left back) and he is struggling to get a game for Cadiz.
By highly rated I didn't mean superstar, he's a strong ball-carrier who is comfortable in the middle, which supports their inverted wing-back style.

I could see him being an Izaguirre for them, kind of what you & other are alluding to, a flat-track bully who does well in the league but is shown up in bigger games. That though might not be the worst thing for them, in the end, beating these teams is the foundation of winning trophies.

Looking down south West Ham signing the Moroccan Nayef Aguerd from Rennes is a brilliant bit of business, 30mil is not cheap but what a player Aguerd is and will do very well for Moyes.

Seen a post saying Jota was signing for them soon. The tweet comments were full of their fans saying “we’ve heard this for 2 months” - wonder what is taking them so long? Would be brilliant if another team came in for him.. unlikely as that is

By highly rated I didn't mean superstar, he's a strong ball-carrier who is comfortable in the middle, which supports their inverted wing-back style.

I could see him being an Izaguirre for them, kind of what you & other are alluding to, a flat-track bully who does well in the league but is shown up in bigger games. That though might not be the worst thing for them, in the end, beating these teams is the foundation of winning trophies.

Not so sure he's played much as an inverted full back, but I agree he is good carrying the ball forward.

Point I was trying to make is players like him are pretty common in South America so whilst I understand the excitment it should be tempered as it isn't as clear cut as many think. :)

Seen a post saying Jota was signing for them soon. The tweet comments were full of their fans saying “we’ve heard this for 2 months” - wonder what is taking them so long? Would be brilliant if another team came in for him.. unlikely as that is
I wonder if their option to buy has ran out?

Not that I am arsed

It feels like he has been waiting to see if any better options come in for him. He’s been “close to signing” since months before the end of the season.

A few of them in my work were talking and were saying it's rumoured that Jotas agent is asking for a relatively low release fee (€9m was mentioned) to be included in the deal. Celtic not keen on that apparently.

they have 1st refusal apparently
so if they want him, the only way it doesn't happen is if he turns them down

The delay with Jota is just down to how long he's taken for a holiday, I reckon. He'll sign for them soon.

Seemingly the striker Aberdeen bought yesterday cost them £500k. A fair investment for them even with the Ramsay money.

The delay with Jota is just down to how long he's taken for a holiday, I reckon. He'll sign for them soon.

Seemingly the striker Aberdeen bought yesterday cost them £500k. A fair investment for them even with the Ramsay money.

He looks an interesting player. Good to see them take a punt on talent like that instead of spunking it on some middling League 1 jobber.

I seen somewhere that Jota has been on 4 holidays over the summer so far. How the other half live eh!

IMO he is waiting for a better offer….

I honestly dont get how long these things take in football, same as contract extensions etc…How do these processes drag on for weeks / months in some cases?

Club has a variable wage range and Player wants X amount, sit down and discuss it over a few hours and iron out the small print.

IMO he is waiting for a better offer….

I honestly dont get how long these things take in football, same as contract extensions etc…How do these processes drag on for weeks / months in some cases?

Club has a variable wage range and Player wants X amount, sit down and discuss it over a few hours and iron out the small print.

Just from what I see and read - agents represent a large number of players usually, so it's rare for them to be just available to do the work on instant notice. That somewhat applies to club officials as well I'd imagine.

Moving large sums of money around tends to have a fair bit of administation involved.

The panic around the deadline days and just how many deals have fell through or mistakes been made is a fair indication that they all prefer a bit of time to do this stuff.

Yan Dhanda signs for Ross County cracking signing for them.
Are players coming up here to test themselves against OF?

Just knocked back the Belgian league, and Anderlecht, seems strange to then go to Ross County!

Maybe get more coverage playing against Rangers and celtic? Although Belgian league is a higher calibre.

Back