Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Looked pretty average in a very good City side, misses way too many chances to be a really great striker, be interesting to see how this goes in a shit arsenal side

Jesus and Eddie Nketiah isn’t a fantastic choice for your two central strikers, I’m not sure about this one.

Scamacca from Sassuolo would have cost about £10m less and just looks like a far better fit for that role for a team in the EPL.

Imagine being an Arsenal fan.

From the outside looking in it seems like they've had the same issues for about 17 years.
Think a lot of the problems stemmed from Wenger trying out smart everyone by signing relatively unknown players in a ‘wait till you see this boy’ sort of manner, and they’d generally turn out average.*

Then carried into current arsenal, signing guys like Xhaka, Elneny, Perez, Gabriel.

On the flip side, I’m not sure how much of a budget they’ve been working with yearly since Henry left about 16 years ago so maybe that’s the market they had to shop in :))

*Probably more ‘unglamorous, decent’ players rather than ‘unknown’

It does feel ingrained in them.

They spend a tonne of money, but the spine of the team still seems powderpuff.

Odd - as at their best, they were a bunch of animals.
Not sure there has ever been a side that got the balance between skill and physicality so perfectly as Wenger's Arsenal did.

Then he developed a fetish signing midgets who loved playing 1-2s and they've never stopped since

Leeds looking to sign Gnonto.

Recently made Italy team and been very good, pretty surprising considering the level he’s playing at.

Seen talk that Feyenoord had agreed a €4m deal, but now Leeds looking to ‘hijack’ it. On the other hand, football Italia says Zürich want €18m :))

I’m more inclined to believe the latter

Leeds looking to sign Gnonto.

Recently made Italy team and been very good, pretty surprising considering the level he’s playing at.

Seen talk that Feyenoord had agreed a €4m deal, but now Leeds looking to ‘hijack’ it. On the other hand, football Italia says Zürich want €18m :))

I’m more inclined to believe the latter
He looked decent against Germany.

As a side point, how depressing is this 24/7 news pish. Nothing I miss more than sitting in-front of SSN all night trying to find out what was happening.

Vividly remember being 8/9 and glued to it as the Arshavin deal was unfolding.

Had to laugh at one of the stories around Tielemans. There's chat Arsenal are considering going back in after cooling their interest but now Newcastle are apparently interested, however the main stumbling block for them could be convincing Tielemans to join as he would struggle to find a place ahead of Guimaraes, Shelvey and Joelinton!

Think Jesus makes sense for all involved, he's probably not a clinical 25+ a season striker but I get the impression Arteta and Arsenal are aiming to spread the goals about a bit more. He's good all round and fairly versatile so should fit in in terms of style.

I think he's also about 4th in the all time EPL goal involvements per minute list, in amongst some top players as well, so he must be doing something right

I'm actually quite surprised at the Gabriel Jesus deal as I am sure he told both Pep and the Brazil manager that he wanted to play off the right hand-side rather than through the middle. Maybe he's changed his mind?

Sheffield United set to sign former Bordeaux defender Anel Ahmedhodžić (23) in €3.5m deal from Malmö. (L'Éq)

This makes me sad when you think about the market we are shopping in.

Really depressing seeing guys like Ahmedhodžić, Guus Till and Jens Odgaard all go for 3-4m who would all be great young players for us to freshen up the team.

Well, I think that’s a fair price VB, but if we were to get another CD, I’d prefer Joseph Okumu.

A bit more expensive probably, but I’d prefer him from Gent.
It is a reasonable price mate, I agree. I'm just not convinced we are looking for another starting CB. If Simpson and/or Katic go then it will be someone with more experience than King (who I think will get his chances this season) but probably not quite good enough to challenge Helander/Souttar.

Not heard us linked with any CBs for several months now.

It is a reasonable price mate, I agree. I'm just not convinced we are looking for another starting CB. If Simpson and/or Katic go then it will be someone with more experience than King (who I think will get his chances this season) but probably not quite good enough to challenge Helander/Souttar.

Not heard us linked with any CBs for several months now.

Agree.

I guess I’m more thinking about a Bassey replacement if he goes, given our financial circumstances ?

Back