Non-Rangers Summer 2021 Transfers

Carter-Vickers to the papes confirmed.

Keen to see how they gel 4 transfer windows’ worth of players into a pivotal one season title challenge.

This could be an absolute car crash.

Whats he like?
Shite.

Nah, no idea beyond wikipedia and transfermarkt. Been loaned out to the Championship the last few seasons and apparently he can pass the ball. Looks like a bit of a desperate roll of the dice. He apparently knocked them back last month but Spurs have been unable to punt him anywhere else so he had to go out on loan again.

Shite.

Nah, no idea beyond wikipedia and transfermarkt. Been loaned out to the Championship the last few seasons and apparently he can pass the ball. Looks like a bit of a desperate roll of the dice. He apparently knocked them back last month but Spurs have been unable to punt him anywhere else so he had to go out on loan again.

Cheers.

Shite.

Spurs fans aren't keen on him.

Skeletor seems to be very excited about the tims transfer business tonight
They've signed:
  • A striker who has had one good season. Lots of headers, lots of penalties.
  • A defender that's been so-so in the English Championship.
  • A prospective winger on loan from Benfica..
Meanwhile they have lost:
  • Their top scorer and realistically the only player to lay a glove on us for years.
  • Their main creator who got 10+ assists a season in the league and scored 5-10 goals a season.
I wouldn't be happy with that if I were a yahoo.

Luuk de Jong was awful when he was at Newcastle. Who is doing the scouting at Barcelona to think he would be a good signing for them?

They've signed:
  • A striker who has had one good season. Lots of headers, lots of penalties.
  • A defender that's been so-so in the English Championship.
  • A prospective winger on loan from Benfica..
Meanwhile they have lost:
  • Their top scorer and realistically the only player to lay a glove on us for years.
  • Their main creator who got 10+ assists a season in the league and scored 5-10 goals a season.
I wouldn't be happy with that if I were a yahoo.
Edouard -> Greek Anomaly
Elyounoussi -> Kyogo
Christie -> Abada
Ajer -> Starfelt

All downgrades. They did sign Juranovic though so they upgraded one position at least. Hart will save more shots than their many keepers did last season but he will gift up plenty of juicy clangers.

Spurs fans aren't keen on him.
Spurs have been trying to punt him on a full time basis after the gronks wanted him on loan last month. They were told to beat it at the time. Spurs call at last minute tonight ‘would you like to take him on loan’? OK. Clearly hes pish. Desperation.

Edouard -> Greek Anomaly
Elyounoussi -> Kyogo
Christie -> Abada
Ajer -> Starfelt

All downgrades. They did sign Juranovic though so they upgraded one position at least. Hart will save more shots than their many keepers did last season but he will gift up plenty of juicy clangers.

Tbf Juranovic is Frimpong/Kenny's replacement. They've not had a proper first team RB since Lustig left.

Spurs have been trying to punt him on a full time basis after the gronks wanted him on loan last month. They were told to beat it at the time. Spurs call at last minute tonight ‘would you like to take him on loan’? OK. Clearly hes pish. Desperation.

spurs fans opinion of him

73-EC1-D4-A-107-D-45-F8-9-BCE-2-BB19211-F322.jpg

This Greek guy the bheasts have signed, how is the top scorer from a division far better than ours going for 2.5m? Why was no one else interested?
Don't forget his team got relegated, this isn't a Van Nistelrooy or Van Persie that's somehow gone under world footballs radar. Kallum Higginbotham (I think) and Liam Boyce have both been top scorers in our league

Seems he's a player the Bournemouth fans were keen on signing. Spurs wanted to much for him.
Decent enough championship level player it would seem.

Seems he's a player the Bournemouth fans were keen on signing. Spurs wanted to much for him.
Decent enough championship level player it would seem.
Where does bournemouth come into it ? ….and just because fans rate him doesnt mean sh*t. I like ronaldo, but hes signed for man u.

That’s kinda the point - an upgrade on all 3.
Watched some clips of him before he is quite a dynamic athletic guy for a CD but I also sensed the possibility of him being a little lacking on disciplined professional defending . Not that tall either certainly not a guy we would consider for that alone as SG likes them to be 6’3’’ or above doesn’t he

Based on a Bournemouth forum? Let's be honest nobody including Angie will know if this guy is going to be any good. You typically don't get upgrades at midnight on deadline day.
Probably an additional option yes , but forming CD partnerships is of course another challenge .

still looked to me at the weekend that Welsh was there best defender

Based on a Bournemouth forum? Let's be honest nobody including Angie will know if this guy is going to be any good. You typically don't get upgrades at midnight on deadline day.
Yep, a forum - similar to this. Their wasn’t much love for Simpson and the feeling has been much the same on here.
The Sheffield Utd forum and Lundstram...

It’s generally a good pointer but hopefully not in this case!

Transfers work on the pitch, not on paper. Some of them work out very well, others are duds. Time will tell how the tims did this window. However, it’s a bit of a gamble going into a new season with so many of them. All teams take time to gel, no matter how good the reputation of individuals are.

Yep, a forum - similar to this. Their wasn’t much love for Simpson and the feeling has been much the same on here.

A huge upgrade that nobody else wanted so he ends up signing for the scum on loan ? I think that tells you everything.

Very rarely do any loan signings workout for either club.

I’ve seen a lot of people laughing at Barca due to the come down in quality of their front 3 -

Depay De Jong Braithwaite

Rightly so tbf but that front 3 should soon become this in a couple of months -

Depay Agüero Dembele

Bit better.

He was scouted and signed by a top end EPL club so the idea that he’s absolutely dross is madness. We will see but I’d imagine he’s likely to be an improvement to their squad. I think this will be a long tough season. Not making the Spurs side doesn’t mean you are rank, the EPL is a different level.

He was scouted and signed by a top end EPL club so the idea that he’s absolutely dross is madness. We will see but I’d imagine he’s likely to be an improvement to their squad. I think this will be a long tough season. Not making the Spurs side doesn’t mean you are rank, the EPL is a different level.
And hasn’t played a single game for them in 5 years, and also hasn’t been a regular for mid table championship teams while on loan at them either.

The hardon that some people have for some of their signings with no actual research behind them is staggering. We still have 4 centre backs who would start every week for them ahead of what the have there.

Back