Not a stamp for me

In real time it didn’t look too bad but when it’s slowed down and played over and over and over again then it looks like a red. Slow down most challenges though and they’ll suit the agenda. Hibs aren’t shy at dishing it out, especially that rat Porteous

Totally agree, slow-mo made it look a lot worse and at full speed, it could be argued that the ball was close-by and he was just trying to plant his foot on the ground, but had nowhere else to go.

If it was a Red Card, the stamp on Kamara and the 2nd half incident where Porteous raked his studs down the full length of Ryan Jacks calf, then sat on his calf and laughed at him should also have been Red Cards.

If you have the game recorded, listen to Walker & Crocker. On first viewing at normal speed - No comment. On 2nd viewing at normal speed - Walker thinks it's a Yellow Card (purely because it's Morelos). On 3rd viewing (slow-mo) - they both decide it's a definite Red Card and spend the next 75mins moaning about it.

As for the C.O., Darren MacGregor and Jack Ross both stated on Sky that they spoke with Clancy and he told them both that he saw the incident, claiming that it was accidental/a tangle of legs.

The Rules state that if the Ref saw the incident, then the C.O. cannot get involved. Let's see how that gets spun. Will Clancy suddenly change his mind and claim that he missed it?

He can’t be, Clancy seen the incident & said nothing in it - Darren McGregor.

The play is facing Clancy, he has a clear view so there it’s not comparable to the Dundee United incident.

I would have been surprised anyway if he was cited, but it now appears he literally can’t be cited.
I agree with you 100% but we’ve been here before with these CO citings
Let’s see what happens the next few days

Like most incidents like that, it looks far, far worse in slow motion. Seeing it live, I didn’t think there was as much in it and the ref seems to have thought the same. Had this been any other player, it would have received a fraction of the coverage.

McGregor did a great job contradicting himself in the post match interview and his foul on Kamara probably helps Morelos’ case.

I agree with you. I dont think there is anything in the Morelos or McGregor incident. Slowing it down and showing it about 70 times is agenda driven and nothing else.
I’m with you chaps. Gravity is a bugger. it means what goes up must come down and if there’s someone lying on the deck then that’s tough, an occupational hazard you might say. Far rather someone gets unfortunately stood on to no significant harm or injury than a player effectively loses his elite career a la Michael Mols for avoiding standing on Oliver Kahn.

Last edited:
I agree with you 100% but we’ve been here before with these CO citings
Let’s see what happens the next few days
That is understandable mate, the difference with DU is Alfie was facing away from the play (near the far touch line IIRC).

For the CO to get involved the ref needs to say they didn’t have a great angle or whatever, even Clancy can’t deny he had a perfect view here :))

As you said though, we’ve been through this shite before.

First things first, “stamp” is the wrong word anyway so any bear using that needs their head checked, it wasn’t in any way, shape or form a ‘stamp’.

Secondly, we need to get real and be honest with ourselves and admit that Morelos has intentionally put his studs on the player. He’s done it before, I’m one of his biggest fans but he’s clearly got a problem and is a little bit unhinged at times because he just keeps doing it. But it wasn’t any sort of violent stamp and it’s no worse than what Scott Brown’s been doing regularly for over a decade in this league.

Crocker said it maybe 12 plus times mate.

Have you ever seen a commentator in your life continue to repeat about an incident ?

Brown’s been doing it for over a decade, they say / do nothing.

Rangers; get ahead of this, voice disgust at Crocker & Aldy Wańker for their repeated double standards & clear agenda driven diatribes.

Mention all of the shįte that has gone with barely a mention on SKY that has resultantly went unpunished retrospectively.

I would accept a ban for Alfie if all incidents were treated equitably, they’re clearly fućking not and it’s usually our player that gets a fortnight off.

Brown’s been doing it for over a decade, they say / do nothing.

Rangers; get ahead of this, voice disgust at Crocker & Aldy Wańker for their repeated double standards & clear agenda driven diatribes.

Mention all of the shįte that has gone with barely a mention on SKY that has resultantly went unpunished retrospectively.

I would accept a ban for Alfie if all incidents were treated equitably, they’re clearly fućking not and it’s usually our player that gets a fortnight off.

Agree Virgil.

Boyd was funny, calling her out.

I agree, I've looked at it a few times now. The ball bounces off that scumbags knee right where Morelos puts his foot.

Slow motion makes it look 100% worse.

That is understandable mate, the difference with DU is Alfie was facing away from the play (near the far touch line IIRC).

For the CO to get involved the ref needs to say they didn’t have a great angle or whatever, even Clancy can’t deny he had a perfect view here :))

As you said though, we’ve been through this shite before.
The ref will just say DM was talking pish LOL

First things first, “stamp” is the wrong word anyway so any bear using that needs their head checked, it wasn’t in any way, shape or form a ‘stamp’.

Secondly, we need to get real and be honest with ourselves and admit that Morelos has intentionally put his studs on the player. He’s done it before, I’m one of his biggest fans but he’s clearly got a problem and is a little bit unhinged at times because he just keeps doing it. But it wasn’t any sort of violent stamp and it’s no worse than what Scott Brown’s been doing regularly for over a decade in this league.
To be fair the use of the word stamp is exactly what's circulating out there by Crocker, Sportscene etc etc.. We need to stop sitting back and taking a battering off these clowns.

Yes Morelos can be clumsy and stupid at times but doesn't need his own fans calling him unhinged like you have.... Talk about heads needing checked.

Strange one for me. In real time thought he was off balance and purely accidental.

Then first couple replay angles I thought stamp and hes definitely getting a retrospective ban, cant argue.

But then they showed a third replay angle and it looks like Alfie never takes eye off ball and I'm thinking accidental again ... so basically, I'm not sure :confused:

I do fully expect he'll get cited for it though. Just delighted the wee man went on and won the game for us.

This, 100%. I’ve spent a decent chunk of tonight messaging a mate who referees. And this has been my take. The mate who refs happens to hate Rangers and is 100% behind it being 17 red cards to Alfie.
My issue is one angle it’s the most blatant red card you might ever see, another angle and there’s nothing at all in it.

I thought a stamp included force.

I also thought excessive force was needed to qualify as serious foul play.

Not clever from Morelos, but not Serious Foul Play for me.

Much more force in McGregor’s incident with Kamara.

Exactly, he didn't stamp on Porteous he stepped on him, there is hardly any force in it.

If you look at Porteous's leg it doesn't compress like it would if someone stamped on it with force, his leg hardly moves when Morelos steps on him.

was as much a stamp as the one against that mutant sheep gimp McKenna was when he almost kicked Alfie's face off

he has nowhere to go and as mentioned earlier in this thread, if he puts his foot somewhere else, he can easily injure himself similar to Mols V Bayern all those years ago

Stamp. Red. Will be banned when the slug compliance rat slimes out from under her rock
Dont think it can be now McGregor in his interview after the game said he asked Clancy and he said there was nothing in it so CO surely cannot get involved now as ref said he saw it and dealt with it at the time?

Even Walker called it as a yellow at the time if Clancy had seen it, Clancy did see it! Suddenly you freeze frame it and think the boy needed his leg amputated
Yes in quick time I thought maybe a yellow. I am going to give Alfie the benefit of the doubt. Much as Griffiths was given it earlier in the season by Walker, and to be kind I will give McGregor the benefit of the doubt as well. Even if Darren put his hands up during his interview.

Not the worst stamp this season but he will likely get sanctioned again following the frenzy,whilst others go scot free.
Wish he would cut out the niggly shit from his game and concentrate on hurting them in pure footballing terms with whatever skills he possesses.

To be fair the use of the word stamp is exactly what's circulating out there by Crocker, Sportscene etc etc.. We need to stop sitting back and taking a battering off these clowns.

Yes Morelos can be clumsy and stupid at times but doesn't need his own fans calling him unhinged like you have.... Talk about heads needing checked.

I wasn’t meaning you mate, it’s Crocker and co and referring too (and maybe one or two here). To call it a stamp is to perpetuate a bare faced lie.

I’m not so sure it was a “stamp” but he could’ve avoided putting his foot down there. A yellow would’ve been right imo.

Thats where I am WV.

Stupid, again, by Morelos, but there was no force in that, which is a necessity for a stamp in my opinion.

If people want to see a comparison, check out Griffiths on the grounded Hamilton player, ignored by Walsh, or Brown on OHallaran. They are stamps.

If it was a Red Card, the stamp on Kamara and the 2nd half incident where Porteous raked his studs down the full length of Ryan Jacks calf, then sat on his calf and laughed at him should also have been Red Cards.

Both equal yellow cards IMO.
I know that if my small frame and playing weight had stamped on either occasion, no-one would have got up and walked away

If you have the game recorded, listen to Walker & Crocker. On first viewing at normal speed - No comment. On 2nd viewing at normal speed - Walker thinks it's a Yellow Card (purely because it's Morelos). On 3rd viewing (slow-mo) - they both decide it's a definite Red Card and spend the next 75mins moaning about it.
This is exactly how it happened. It makes me think that it is coming from above Crocker and Walker and that they are being given a green light to keep ramming it home.

Does anyone know who would be making that kind of call?

Looked to me like he was trying to drag the ball and was off balance and missed. I find all of these 'stamp' like incidents controversial unless they are off the ball, anything can be made to look worse in slow motion and I include Darren Mcgregor's in that. I was more concerned about his initial blatant rugby tackle that the possible stamp.

Morelos has had many a bewildering moment of madness but I think anyone claiming that was a deliberate stamp is desperarely clutching.

This is exactly how it happened. It makes me think that it is coming from above Crocker and Walker and that they are being given a green light to keep ramming it home.

Does anyone know who would be making that kind of call?
Not sure of the ranking order for football on tv, but possibly the Producer?

Having said that, Crocker & Walker don't need any encouragement to put the boot into Alfie.

Not sure of the ranking order for football on tv, but possibly the Producer?

Having said that, Crocker & Walker don't need any encouragement to put the boot into Alfie.
When it comes to interviews before/after the game we should wheel out one of the backroom staff or even the cleaning lady until we get a more balanced view from their commentators

Nothing in it for me. I'm the clumsiest on a pitch, he was simply caught under his feet.

What a player the wee man is to put it all behind him and come up with the winner.

That's what makes titles.

So tonight a guy whose ominous "we know what's at stake this season" comment, widely interpreted to be an indication that refs would be bending over to help Celtic this season, didn't book a player who then went on to score the winning goal in a game in which we both preserved our unbeaten record and maintained the best disciplinary statistics in the league.

Glorious. Absolutely glorious.

Back