Not a stamp for me

I reckon Alfie thinks about a stamp, then pulls back at the last second as he sees the ball bounce free beside him. Then both players momentums brought him down.

Aside from Alfie incident and Kamara incident.Has anyone raised the dirty Hivs rattling Shagger into the post when he could have easily avoided him.Yes Bears no comment from anyone in media.Always bad Rangers.
He couldn't help that. Even Greegs did not take his customary flakey at the guy. Normally if anyone comes close to him Greegs is in their face, and the Ref's face, complaining. Greegs obviously takes it as accidental.
No comment from the media and no comment on FF; it was a coming together.

I think it was a stamp BUT:
  • Footage from behind the goal is less conclusive
  • Alfie is a clumsy bastard at times
  • Morelos tends to retaliate, his action is usually after he’s been clobbered a couple of times and I don’t remember anything between the two earlier in the match. It doesn’t fit the usual context of Morelos lashing out.

I thought a stamp included force.

I also thought excessive force was needed to qualify as serious foul play.

Not clever from Morelos, but not Serious Foul Play for me.

Much more force in McGregor’s incident with Kamara.
I agree it wasn’t great. If we get cited there are numerous examples of similar incidents that have went unpunished. However, this is why Morelos for me can’t be relied upon. He just his this in him and he clearly can’t change.

I agree it wasn’t great. If we get cited there are numerous examples of similar incidents that have went unpunished. However, this is why Morelos for me can’t be relied upon. He just his this in him and he clearly can’t change.

Yes, and much more aggressive examples have been posted by Edweird & others on here CG.

I think that early lunge noised him up, but do understand your point. Hopefully the 16m bid comes back on the table in Summer, albeit unlikely, as it’s probably best for Alfie & more importantly our club that we move on.

I think Porteous deliberately see’s Morelos coming and angles his knee with precision to make it look like a stamp obviously forgets to react with fake pain therefore gets away with his actions.

Booking for Porteous and free kick to Rangers IMO.

B-D

Yes, and much more aggressive examples have been posted by Edweird & others on here CG.

I think that early lunge noised him up, but do understand your point. Hopefully the 16m bid comes back on the table in Summer, albeit unlikely, as it’s probably best for Alfie & more importantly our club that we move on.
As sad as that’ll be, you’re right, it’s the right thing to do.

Morelos last straight red was for the incident with Brown at CP in 2019.

He has played 83 matches for club and country since being dismissed for 2 yellow cards twice last season.

Not sure how you judge “can’t be relied upon”?

Wasn’t a stamp for me. It was on bare flesh and there wasn’t a mark on the boys leg.
If Buff is cited, Rangers should seek clarification of the whole process considering some of the nonsense that has gone on this month.

Unfortunately with Scottish referees' weak psychological disorders we''ll be getting cards galore now and penalties awarded against us!!

That's what all the anti-Rangers hullabaloo is aimed at!!!

Naismith for Hearts on Brown

Brown on Kellerman against St Mirren

Griffiths against Hamilton

None of the above were punished.

All identical to Morelos last night, so if consistency is to be applied then no punishment is due. I would expect Rangers to flag these incidents up should Morelos be cited by the new Catholic Officer, sorry Compliance Officer.

I don't think he meant it. If you watch the video here his eyes never leave the ball. His foot is clearly moving towards the ball, and at the last moment Porteous knees the ball away. But even then Alfie's eyes are still following the ball. Had he meant to stamp on him his eyes would have at least glanced to his thigh before he did it.
Was coming on to say the same.
His eyes are on the ball at all times. Watch the video. The ball is in the vicinity.
I'm not saying he didn't know he might hurt Porteous in the process of attempting to get the ball but that doesn't stop any other player.
Porteous in particular likes to fire in all guns blazing know that if he misses the ball he'll get the man.
Stuff like this goes on in all matches and with all teams yet only one player is scrutinized to the nth degree.
Unfortunately way too many Bears have been sucked in by the media narrative. If you made a list of physical players in Scotland he'd be near the middle to bottom. Reading some of the things in the media, and on here, you'd think he was running around punching and kicking people for 90 minutes a game. It's ridiculous.
Morelos, more often than not gets a card. Players like Porteous get a Scotland cap!

I might be in the minority but not 100% convinced that it was a stamp from Morelos.

When you watch in full speed and follow the path of the ball I think Morelos is trying to control the ball before it comes of Porteous' knee.. Slow motion makes it looks worse than it actually was.

Is it just me?
Ffs get the tainted specs off i cant believe anybody has saw something to suggest that aint a malacious stamp by alfie. People trying to find reasons why it wasnt. It was a shocker and most on here saying it wasnt would be going mental if that was against us

Anyway, who cares, wee man got a cracking winner

It's not the worst incident of this type by a long way. However Alfie can remove any possible punishment to himself by simply not getting involved, but he has had plenty of time to change his behaviour. It is a realy pity because he is a terrific forward player. At least we have 2 very good number 9's to cover for him this season which makes a big difference to us from last season.

It wasn't a stamp. Nowhere near enough force.

But Morelos knew exactly what he was doing. He can't help himself - sometimes he just has to get involved in the stupid stuff or leave something on an opponent where he's previously been on the receiving end of some rough stuff. Its a serious flaw in his game. Strikers will have runs of bad form but whilst you know Morelos always has it in him to score and go on a run of bagging important goals, you're always worried about him doing something stupid or reacting to something. He carries that into every game.

Morelos last straight red was for the incident with Brown at CP in 2019.

He has played 83 matches for club and country since being dismissed for 2 yellow cards twice last season.

Not sure how you judge “can’t be relied upon”?
But let’s be honest. He has got away with a few over the piece too. Last night being one of them. Just my opinion. Love the guy as a player and he has been immense for us. I just feel like it’s time for us to get the benefit in terms of cash and he can move on to other things where maybe he is under less scrutiny.

I don't know if it was intentional or not. Maybe not. It's not that bad lookin in real speed than it's in slow motion or still images.

I think the main thing is that Alfs incident isn't any different from those with McGregor-Kamara and Porteous-Jack. But only one that gets to the front pages or are in SPFL match highlights is the Alf one. Why it is in highlights anyway? There isn't goal threat or cards involved in that case?

But let’s be honest. He has got away with a few over the piece too. Last night being one of them. Just my opinion. Love the guy as a player and he has been immense for us. I just feel like it’s time for us to get the benefit in terms of cash and he can move on to other things where maybe he is under less scrutiny.
He’s not treated equally by either the media or referees.

Compare all the shit that happens in the SPFL with Alfie to our games in Europe. Not been sent off in Europe since that qualifier at the start of last season, we’ve played 19 Euro games since.

For me a lot of it comes down to the fact he never gives interviews. He’s a sitting duck for the media - he never talks to them so they can say what they like - there’s no cooperation to lose.

Every game that’s broadcast, Morelos is mentioned pre-game and post-game regardless of whether he’s been good, bad or indifferent

Looks a stamp to me. It's Alfie being Alfie I'm afraid, however the sickening hypocrisy from the media who continue to ignore physical assaults on him and the stuff that Brown gets up to and they say nothing will draw no criticism of him from me.

Looks a stamp to me. It's Alfie being Alfie I'm afraid, however the sickening hypocrisy from the media who continue to ignore physical assaults on him and the stuff that Brown gets up to and they say nothing will draw no criticism of him from me.
It happens too often with Alfie to be accidental. He's our only player who gets involved like this. Needs to stop or refs will catch up with him again.

I might be in the minority but not 100% convinced that it was a stamp from Morelos.

When you watch in full speed and follow the path of the ball I think Morelos is trying to control the ball before it comes of Porteous' knee.. Slow motion makes it looks worse than it actually was.

Is it just me?
Any evidence in Morelos favour will be ignored by any panel. Guilty as charged. McGregors stamp on Kamara was worse as it was done with force. Completed gloosed over during the game by the picks commentating. Will he get done? He said clancy thought Alfredos was an accident.Will he say so in his defence? Will he feck. Lengthy ban coming his way because of stuipidy I think. Hope not

I’ll post this one again.
If you stamp, bring your foot down with force, on another players thigh, that player won’t be continuing the game.
Certainly not immediately, and definitely not without evidence of a trauma.

For someone so mortally wounded and wronged, Porteous continued on with no effects from the incident. He even managed to continue his chocolate hard man act after it as well.

STAMP....to put your foot down hard showing aggression....Not Guilty
But he did stand on him,whether he meant it or not only Alfie will know the answer to that.My opinion is that it was accidental,reason being that if Alfie had put all his body weight on that foot,Porteous would have been carried off.As for Jack Ross,he needs to take a good look at his own team before criticising Alfie.How many times did his players either click the heels of a Rangers player,or try and take the shirt off their backs.Did Porteous not have a couple of desperate slide tackles that didn’t connect only due to the Rangers player being able to jump out of the way.Doige kicking the ball out of the Goalkeepers hands and so on....Ross for Celtic...Perfect..........Moaning Sh...e.

EsxYQ6bXUAYwe1c

Was coming on to say the same.
His eyes are on the ball at all times. Watch the video. The ball is in the vicinity.
I'm not saying he didn't know he might hurt Porteous in the process of attempting to get the ball but that doesn't stop any other player.
Porteous in particular likes to fire in all guns blazing know that if he misses the ball he'll get the man.
Stuff like this goes on in all matches and with all teams yet only one player is scrutinized to the nth degree.
Unfortunately way too many Bears have been sucked in by the media narrative. If you made a list of physical players in Scotland he'd be near the middle to bottom. Reading some of the things in the media, and on here, you'd think he was running around punching and kicking people for 90 minutes a game. It's ridiculous.
Morelos, more often than not gets a card. Players like Porteous get a Scotland cap!

Correct Ed.

Mind you, some might say a Scotland Cap is more punishment than a card.

Back