Not a stamp for me

ShiftyPowers

I might be in the minority but not 100% convinced that it was a stamp from Morelos.

When you watch in full speed and follow the path of the ball I think Morelos is trying to control the ball before it comes of Porteous' knee.. Slow motion makes it looks worse than it actually was.

Is it just me?

I did think in real time that the ball wasn't far away and he may have been attempting to control that. There is no force in what he does as confirmed by Darren McGregor.

That said I can also see why people think it's a red.

I might be in the minority but not 100% convinced that it was a stamp from Morelos.

When you watch in full speed and follow the path of the ball I think Morelos is trying to control the ball before it comes of Porteous' knee.. Slow motion makes it looks worse than it actually was.

Is it just me?
Another poster alluded to Alfie's eyes being firmly locked on the ball, and as you say his foot is motioning towards trying to control the ball. This is mental that it's become such a talking point.

Is it just me?

I thought a stamp included force.

I also thought excessive force was needed to qualify as serious foul play.

Not clever from Morelos, but not Serious Foul Play for me.

Much more force in McGregor’s incident with Kamara.

FFS all you need to do is follow Alfie’s eyes, his focus is 100% on the ball and he actually tries to control it. Unfortunately it spun away and he had nowhere else to go. It was nothing like a deliberate stamp and in my view it was nowhere near being intentional.

Stamp. Red. Will be banned when the slug compliance rat slimes out from under her rock
He can’t be, Clancy seen the incident & said nothing in it - Darren McGregor.

The play is facing Clancy, he has a clear view so there it’s not comparable to the Dundee United incident.

I would have been surprised anyway if he was cited, but it now appears he literally can’t be cited.

To be honest it looked like a stamp to me however he is looking away and I reckon there's just enough ambiguity that you could argue against it. Whether the club would choose to do that, I don't know.

Anyone that thinks it wasn’t a stamp and worthy of a red needs to take the blue tinted specs off

If it was the other way around, this forum would be full of shouts for a red

Was Darren McGregor the Hibs captain wearing blue tinted specs mate?

It's not a stamp. Anyone who thinks it was needs to put specs on.

Standing on someone, which he did and I admit he could be banned, is not a stamp.

Happens to us you're screaming for a stamp; don't talk sh!te.

It's a stamp. End of.

It's the fact that it's on a loop despite there being another similar incident that really fvcks me off. The media and Sky in particular are an absolute disgrace.

But you're as bad as them if you're trying to make it out anything other than a stamp.

Is it just me?
Watch the reverse angle, his leg/foot is exactly where it would,be in trying to trap the ball

I thought a stamp included force.

I also thought excessive force was needed to qualify as serious foul play.

Not clever from Morelos, but not Serious Foul Play for me.

Much more force in McGregor’s incident with Kamara.

Any other player involved and it would have been discussed for 10-15 seconds. Since its Alfie, we know what'll dominate the tabloids tomorrow.

Strange one for me. In real time thought he was off balance and purely accidental.

Then first couple replay angles I thought stamp and hes definitely getting a retrospective ban, cant argue.

But then they showed a third replay angle and it looks like Alfie never takes eye off ball and I'm thinking accidental again ... so basically, I'm not sure :confused:

I do fully expect he'll get cited for it though. Just delighted the wee man went on and won the game for us.

A stamp is one of these things you can't judge in slow motion. Watch it in real time and at worst its a bit naughty from him and McGregor but not sinister.

Strange one for me. In real time thought he was off balance and purely accidental.

Then first couple replay angles I thought stamp and hes definitely getting a retrospective ban, cant argue.

But then they showed a third replay angle and it looks like Alfie never takes eye off ball and I'm thinking accidental again ... so basically, I'm not sure :confused:

I do fully expect he'll get cited for it though. Just delighted the wee man went on and won the game for us.
This is pretty much the exact same for me except the last the bit, I would be shocked if he was.

Back