O'Halloran's future at Rangers.

Will Michael O'H still be a Gers player as the Jan window closes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully never see him in a Rangers shirt again.

Going on Pedro's recent remarks and the fact he's failed under two Rangers managers, the first of whom stuck by a lot of duff players akin to MOH, I'd say he's got no chance.

He was playing well & scoring before he came & is doing the same now he's away. There is the argument that he's maybe not being utilised properly, or the way teams set up against us not suiting him, but as many have said I don't think he's up to playing for us.

Think the bridges have been burned at both ends. Good sprinter, limited footballer.

An undisclosed fee in January to english league 1, though would not be surprised to see hibs or some other scottish team come in. Don't think St johnstone will buy him back but we may just take a lower price and be done with it.

Not the best bit of business o_Obut we move on.

I don't think he will but against the grain, I think he should. I think O'Halloran could be a good player for us. I know a lot seem to think he's just a head down and run guy. I am not so sure - a few of the runs he made in his limited appearances with us he could beat a man, cut inside and get shots off. He's got more to offer. I don't think he will be give that chance though, which is a shame. I think at Rangers we sometimes get things around the wrong way. We give players who don't deserve the chance a start time and time again. Sometimes we need give players that just need to be use correctly the chance - O'Halloran has not had that. I said on another thread - he's doing well with St. Johnstone against the same teams we are playing against - perhaps he can do this for us? Sure, perhaps the weight of the shirt is too much but we don't know that yet.

I don't think he will but against the grain, I think he should. I think O'Halloran could be a good player for us. I know a lot seem to think he's just a head down and run guy. I am not so sure - a few of the runs he made in his limited appearances with us he could beat a man, cut inside and get shots off. He's got more to offer. I don't think he will be give that chance though, which is a shame. I think at Rangers we sometimes get things around the wrong way. We give players who don't deserve the chance a start time and time again. Sometimes we need give players that just need to be use correctly the chance - O'Halloran has not had that. I said on another thread - he's doing well with St. Johnstone against the same teams we are playing against - perhaps he can do this for us? Sure, perhaps the weight of the shirt is too much but we don't know that yet.

Teams aren't sitting in against St Johnstone, they don't have a demanding support and he doesn't have the weight of expectation on his tiny shoulders anymore.

He's duff, head down and sprint in a straight line before hitting a cross into the first defender. That's what he did when he wasn't hiding from the ball or smirking on the bench as we were losing.

Teams aren't sitting in against St Johnstone, they don't have a demanding support and he doesn't have the weight of expectation on his tiny shoulders anymore.

He's duff, head down and sprint in a straight line before hitting a cross into the first defender. That's what he did when he wasn't hiding from the ball or smirking on the bench as we were losing.
I'm not convinced - however, I get where you are coming from. I think it's irrelevant as I don't think we'll be seeing him back at Ibrox anyway.

He's Player of the month and scored some great goals... maybee it's the fact he was played out of position and the managers hes played under at Rangers are no exactly fantastic jury's still out on Pedro aswell for me

Player of the month and scored some great goals maybee it's the fact he was played out of position and the managers he played under at Rangers are no exactly fantastic jury's still out on Pedro

Yeah Tommy Wrights a top coach.

Couldn't give a shit what he does for St Johnstone, he looked every inch the coward in our shirt. Maybe if we ask opposition teams nicely they'll come out a bit more and MOH can do for us what he does for the mighty Saints

Regardless of anyones thoughts on Pedro, he is Rangers manager.
O'Halloran decided that position didn't matter a %^*& when he never turned up to play for the u20s.
I've wanted better players than him hunted for disrespecting the office of Rangers manager.

Undecided.

Would we not get more at the seasons end for him if he keeps a similar vein of form for most of it?

Cash in on him at the best time financially but get him to fu(k.

think in jan or end of season we will cash in on him and if he keeps scoring as he is that only upsthe price

I think the first team to put a bid in will get him. He is clearly not wanted at Rangers and if he continues to score and get player of the month etc might put the price up a bit.

I don't hold any bad feeling towards the guy, it just didn't work out for him at our club.

I think he's another one who needs to go into the "Warburton's mistake" category.

On paper he should have been a great signing with his pace and goalscoring record.

Whether he couldn't handle the pressure, was played out of position, didn't suit or style of play or was just plain rubbish doesn't really matter now - we've more than likely seen the last of him in a Rangers jersey.

Hearts bound in January, I think. Purely speculation on my part, but maybe Hearts didn't deal with us for Walker as they saw O'Halloran's form right now and realised they could get him in January with Walker going the other way and won't have a pissed off Rangers bumping them up in price as they tried with us. I can definitely see us agreeing to a straight up swap deal. Hearts get an SPL quality winger for a player who can leave for nothing a few months later. Win/win in reality, though we could be arseholes and try to use O'Halloran as a way of getting McLean. Another who is out of contract, Hearts would be more willing to take cash from us in January whereas Aberdeen will gladly let McLean's contract run out. Might be they get swayed by O'Halloran plus a few hundred thousand and we offer Hearts £250k as a take it or leave it deal. Either we get 2 good players for nothing, or we get them for pennies.

Just don't think he fancies it playing for us, would be shocked to see him in a rangers top again. Hope he scores a few more goals and we can at least command some sort of fee for him.

Don't think he'll kick another ball for us and I'm not disappointed about it. His failure at Rangers is not entirely his fault as he was asked to play out of position but disrespecting the manager was a step too far for me.

I'll be delighted when he moves on permanently.

A shite footballer, who can run. fast.

St Johnstone is his level.

A massive mistake on our part.

He was never interested in playing for us, all because of his background as a scum fan. His mates are rabid scum fans. I honestly believe the only reason he came was because his old man fell under the "magic hat" frenzy. His face was tripping him the whole time. Well rid of in my opinion.

I expect him to be a rangers player until the summer which he will either be kept on by the new manager or be sold on. This said i hope its pedro who after a successful season gets to sell him and issue him the good news personally.

He was never interested in playing for us, all because of his background as a scum fan. His mates are rabid scum fans. I honestly believe the only reason he came was because his old man fell under the "magic hat" frenzy. His face was tripping him the whole time. Well rid of in my opinion.

His old man decided his future for him? :confused:

Another player for whom the jersey was too heavy. Can't see him ever having the privilege of ever pulling it on again. rarely saw an end product from him.

DJBIJ33XoAAOoVQ.jpg

Great player with 40 yards to run into.

You don't get 40 yards of space when you're playing for Rangers.

This is the problem. Teams don't camp out in their own penalty box when you're playing with St Johnstone. Never getting the same kind of space to exploit running in behind when you're at Rangers.

Can see him being here but the whole situation has been handled poorly on both sides

If his football intelligence is anything to go by, I'm not surprised MOH couldn't understand Pedro. He plays like a teenager who does everything at 100mph & relies solely on his pace. Make no mistake his pace will be an asset on the counter attack in the SPL but you need much more to be effective for us.

For me the confirmation of my initial thoughts of MOH & that his future lay elsewhere was when he got a red card for that completely clueless challenge vs Motherwell.

Cant see him being back in a Rangers jersey at all, and the last few days press has just compounded that

Dont think he will be back. Hopefully if he keeps playing well we can get him out the door in January for something decent or as part of a deal.

Just the latest hatchet job in a long line of them. Superb news about the fat Japanese too, that's all we need.

As for O'Halloran, that made me chuckle, intensity is something he lacked whenever I had the misfortune to see him on the pitch.

I'm pretty sure I've read elsewhere about Pedro's training 'intensity' .........he wasn't training our players hard enough simply because Pedro's previous clubs have all been in hot countries and his training suited the weather conditions in these countries?

It may have been a player interview in preseason?

Just the latest hatchet job in a long line of them. Superb news about the fat Japanese too, that's all we need.

No doubt UEFA Peter will be doing his utmost with SFA Peter to help out Celtic Peter at the piggery.

Maybe he got the gig because of all the money UEFA have made from the mentally challengeds in fines.

I don't think he has a future with us. I can see where he's coming from with feeling he hasn't had a chance or got a run of games. And it's true that he's best suited to the counter attack. But that's too bad. Everyone has to make the most of any chance they get, regardless.
And that quote 'I couldn't understand Pedro..." - that's another snide remark aimed at our manager by a cowardly writer. But this is the sort of thing that's going to make it all the more sweet when we win our next title. And I hope it's with Pedro.

Really useful player but Never a Ranger, would like to see him have a good loan at St J, possibly for full season then sold down south for a profit. That would be the best outcome for us.

There isno chance. We will sell him in January. I think that article in the DR will finish him. He clearly did not want to be here in the first place. Looked a lost bhoy in a Rangers shirt.
We don't need him here, Pedro is right, he will not suit our style. Hopefully we will get our money back, but we are well shot of him.

He's not intelligent enough to play for the bigger teams. Running fast in a straight line is the extent of his game.

Might still technically be a Rangers player then but he'll be back out on loan if he is.

Will never play for us again though.

He has never had the desire to play for us and signed because we were the biggest club interested in him.

Wanted him to succeed but very limited ability. As has been said - good sprinter duff footballer.

He was saying in the papers he never really got a chance. Think he's half right. He was never really played in a system that suited him and switched positions a lot.

By the looks of it PC is sure he won't fit into his team and system. No room for passengers now.

He has never had the desire to play for us and signed because we were the biggest club interested in him.

Came in to post the same,

I don't think he really wanted to sign for Rangers in the first place, his attitude when he was at Ibrox never changed my opinion on that.

Back