Old Firm allocations likely to remain the same this season

This nonsense about being stuck in a shitty corner when we went there.

I used to love going into that corner regardless of where my ticket was for as it tended to be the rowdiest area for our away support IMO

Tv spectacle etc, utter pish that no match attending fan gave a toss about

If they had a competitive advantage I would expect their % of victories at Ibrox to be lower since we cut their allocation

With away fans present, it’s 2 wins for us (both 18/19 season) and 2 wins for them (1 in 19/20 and 1 in 21/22).

If you look at the results since 2006/07, theres not a significant difference in their overall % wins at Ibrox so I fail to see how they had a competitive advantage? Maybe I’m being silly here but surely if they had an advantage it would be visible in their results?

Take 16/17 and 17/18 out of the equation as our team was utterly dreadful and a complete outlier in terms of it being comparable to the norm

We’ve only won once there with away fans since the allocation cut have we not? The 2-1 Katic game? The 2-0 Goldson game was behind closed doors.

Their competitive advantage is in relation to their win % at Ibrox compared to our win % at Parkhead.

Their win % at Ibrox over the past 20 years will be higher (a decent bit higher) than our win % at Parkhead.

Did you used to lie awake at night scared about going to a celtc game?
Oh aye terrified, never been able to sleep since :rolleyes: I think a few people need to have a look at themselves in this thread. I know its a public forum, theres always going to be discussion, differing opinions etc but to have a snide pop at a fellow supporter who was chased down by 3 scum supporters, with at least 1 carrying a blade I find quite pathetic.

At least @Aww Skew is putting up his side of the arguement with facts, dates, opinions and anecdotes, shame the others aren't the same.

Not sure what size of stadium has to do with it
Then we remain at status quo for evermore with the breakdown to a solution being them.
Stadium size has to do with it because we will always receive more as their stadium is larger if they were to decide the amount of away tickets on a % basis. Or has more seats if that makes better sense.
IMO that will never happen as that mob have more pull with the people who matter.
I do hope I have explained better this time.
I am happy with the status quo. It's a shame for younger fans and our wonderful travelling support that they don't get the experiences I had at porkhead but I don't see it ever changing. Despite what that lot say in public, I think the Blazers are perfectly happy with the current arrangements. Police Scotland too.

Sorry I wasn’t insinuating that you hadn’t done your research. Was more that it was that period when folk started to get annoyed.

Most of the annoyance came from the disgusting behaviour of the Celtic players. The wiping noses on corner flags, tying scarfs on goalposts etc.

The results were tough to take but if the mentally challengeds had won with a bit of class then we may not be in this situation right now.

We’ve only won once there with away fans since the allocation cut have we not? The 2-1 Katic game? The 2-0 Goldson game was behind closed doors.

Their competitive advantage is in relation to their win % at Ibrox compared to our win % at Parkhead.

Their win % at Ibrox over the past 20 years will be higher (a decent bit higher) than our win % at Parkhead.
Ok, so we’re talking about Parkhead in general?

Since 18/19 when Gerrard arrived, we’ve won 1, drew 1 and lost 2. So a 25% win record

Go and look at results since 06/07, it’s very much comparable in terms of %

Agree, it doesn’t make people better fans and anyone saying that is mistaken. It makes them more loyal though, due to their personal circumstances allowing them to do so

The club have literally introduced a loyalty scheme ranking people on how loyal they are
No the club have introduced a money making scheme with more things getting sold for points every season now it seems

Ok, so we’re talking about Parkhead in general?

Since 18/19 when Gerrard arrived, we’ve won 1, drew 1 and lost 2. So a 25% win record

Go and look at results since 06/07, it’s very much comparable in terms of %

No mate. I’m not sure which part of my point you’re not getting. I’m not comparing our win % at Parkhead with the old and new allocations.

I’m comparing our win % at Parkhead with their win % at Ibrox over past 20 or so years.

Their win % at Ibrox is a lot higher than ours is at Parkhead. I believe the allocations had a part to play in that.

No mate. I’m not sure which part of my point you’re not getting. I’m not comparing our win % at Parkhead with the old and new allocations.

I’m comparing our win % at Parkhead with their win % at Ibrox over past 20 or so years.

Their win % at Ibrox is a lot higher than ours is at Parkhead. I believe the allocations had a part to play in that.
Ok, so you’re saying regardless of an allocation, they have a sporting advantage and you believe results are reflective of that?

Are you able to show the stats from 06/07 to present that proves they have a disproportionately higher win % in home games Vs rangers than we do at Ibrox against them?

Our home stats since 06/07 show we used to beat them regularly when they had a full stand. Our win % at Parkhead compared to their at Ibrox is comparable, minus 16/17 and 17/18 season

So how do they have an advantage?

This nonsense about being stuck in a shitty corner when we went there.

I used to love going into that corner regardless of where my ticket was for as it tended to be the rowdiest area for our away support IMO

Tv spectacle etc, utter pish that no match attending fan gave a toss about
Only a small part of our allocation was in a shitty corner, most of our allocation had good seats from the segregation point in the stand behind the nets up to the corner.

Because we were utter rotten for several years which coincidentally is when our fans started to whinge about their big bad fans coming to Ibrox with 8,000

Because we were utter rotten for several years which coincidentally is when our fans started to whinge about their big bad fans coming to Ibrox with 8,000

Absolute shite. I was unhappy about their previous allocation at Ibrox for as long as I can remember, and I'm certainly not alone in that regard.

Ok, so you’re saying regardless of an allocation, they have a sporting advantage and you believe results are reflective of that?

Are you able to show the stats from 06/07 to present that proves they have a disproportionately higher win % in home games Vs rangers than we do at Ibrox against them?

Our home stats since 06/07 show we used to beat them regularly when they had a full stand. Our win % at Parkhead compared to their at Ibrox is comparable, minus 16/17 and 17/18 season

So how do they have an advantage?

No mate, I’m saying the complete opposite of that.

I’m bored this Saturday morning so I might actually work it out for you.

Edit: since the 01/02 season, taking out the Warburton, Pedro and Murty years, we’ve beaten them 6 times at Parkhead and they’ve beaten us 11 times at Ibrox (league games only).

Last edited:
No mate, I’m saying the complete opposite of that.

I’m bored this Saturday morning so I might actually work it out for you.

Edit: since the 01/02 season, taking out the Warburton, Pedro and Murty years, we’ve beaten them 6 times at Parkhead and they’ve beaten us 11 times at Ibrox (league games only).
So in 21 years they’ve won only 5 more away from home compared to us? Hardly a huge sporting advantage people speak of

Why don’t we use the 90s too if we’re going to use 01/02 and 03/04 where they were absolutely miles ahead of us?

So in 21 years they’ve won only 5 more away from home compared to us? Hardly a huge sporting advantage people speak of

Why don’t we use the 90s too if we’re going to use 01/02 and 03/04 where they were absolutely miles ahead of us?

You don’t think them having almost double the amount of wins at Ibrox that we’ve had at Parkhead in the last 20 years is significant?

You asked me to provide you with the stats and I did mate.

The smaller allocation backfired on us last season. There were many other things that went wrong in that February Firm but the atmosphere and lack of away support felt like it played a huge part in our total capitulation that evening.

You don’t think them having almost double the amount of wins at Ibrox that we’ve had at Parkhead in the last 20 years is significant?

You asked me to provide you with the stats and I did mate.
In fairness, I started at 06/07 however 01/02 slightly skews it.

Thing is, I still don’t think that shows a significant advantage

Another debate about this and yet again some people think they are going to get the full Broomloan ffs! It's never going back to the full stand as it's impossible with the amount of ST holders we have, it will be along the lines of european allocations away teams at Ibrox get when it happens. Yes, some ST holders will get moved seats for the game, but that happens on european nights aswell. Good job some on here weren't around in the early to mid 80's when we increased their allocation to part of the Govan stand.....
You do realise that it was probably because some of those on here weren't around was the reason that we gave them part of the Govan and the main stand and the enclosure. It was because we couldn't sell all the tickets ourselves.

Likewise we had part of the jungle part of the main stand and the end because they couldn't sell all their tickets.

It was easy to buy tickets for the games on the day from the clubs back then. There was no season ticket culture back then and my first season ticket in 1984 only entitled me to tickets for Ibrox none of the away games priority back then.

If they up the allocations again and kick me out my seat for those scumbags I'll be jacking it in and watching on tele from then on.

Can't get my head around a single Rangers fan who thinks hundreds/thousands of bears should miss out on tickets at Ibrox in order to accommodate those rat bastards. Can't even begin to comprehend that level of selfishness.
Thankfully the fast majority do not agree which is why it will never change.

The smaller allocation backfired on us last season. There were many other things that went wrong in that February Firm but the atmosphere and lack of away support felt like it played a huge part in our total capitulation that evening.
Have a few more fans in the stadium would not have stopped that shambles.

Get it back to the way it was. The whole tribal atmosphere at an Old Firm derby is what made it one of the greatest matches on the planet. In addition, it can only help to increase our tv deal, as the production value of having the two sets of fans in the ground with all the colour, the noise and the frenzy is also a big reason why so many neutrals tune in.
Translation:
“I’m not getting my usual ticket for the San Giro any more, so I’d like to screw Rangers season ticket holders so things can change, please.”

Let them have the same allocation as every other team. Why do they deserve more tickets? Our stadium so our fans come first. Personally I will never step foot in any of these clubs stadium again. They tried to kill us off so I keep away. Each to their own I have no problem with anyone who wants to attend. But the same people shouldn’t be telling us that Bears need to miss out at Ibrox to accommodate that shite.

If they change it again, it is like the oz trip and not reading the room. The majority of fans are more than happy with the 800. We're just doing what we do for every other club.
Would it though? Most people I talk to favour a compromise and moving away from the tiny allocation again. If it was to change the club should be conducting a full survey with all relevant parties having a say. Just a sweeping statement to say that the majority of fans are more than happy with it.

Let them have the same allocation as every other team. Why do they deserve more tickets? Our stadium so our fans come first. Personally I will never step foot in any of these clubs stadium again. They tried to kill us off so I keep away. Each to their own I have no problem with anyone who wants to attend. But the same people shouldn’t be telling us that Bears need to miss out at Ibrox to accommodate that shite.
Because we get more tickets in return. You can paint it either way depending on your argument.

If you read any of the articles on it then they pushed hard for their old allocation back, our board stood firm and said no. I applaud them for that. The reasons for no far outweigh the reasons for yes in this argument and until that changes it'll be as you were and I'm perfectly happy with that scenario. They simply can't behave, their fans get fawned over by Sky with a full stand and you end up seeing more images of them than ours in an OF at Ibrox, their players can't behave themselves either and their board have as much class and humility as their fans do. They can't even call us by our name on their official twitter feeds, instead referring to us as the opposition ffs.

We don't get an equal or adequate %age of tickets or a similar area within the stadium to receive the same tv coverage they get yet our board are getting it in the neck for not capitulating? Do me a favour. If we could get away with giving them zero tickets due to security concerns etc and keep them, their politics, flags and songbook completely out of our stadium I'd support it wholeheartedly. Some amount of selfish, entitled, I've went to their dump for years and miss the day out so you better give your season tickets up willingly so I can get back there again as my day on the piss is more important than you are fans in our support. Feck them, 700 is 700 too many as it is.

The game has already been diluted down by the influx of foreign players and less homegrown players who know what the rivalry is all about. Permanently reduce away fans and it starts to become just another game. In ten years time the rest of the world will look at it as something that used to be one of the biggest rivalries in world football.

This happens at both places and evens its self out. Was/is there not an agreement from both clubs that they cover the costs of damage and keep it quiet?
I think there was until that scummy club broke ranks and put out the damage done to their shithole to deflect from the hanging effigies.

I don’t have any issue at all with the current allocations - but temper that by saying that I don’t go to many away games and haven’t been to parkhead since 2011.

I don’t think the stats are relevant though, because there are way more variables than the number of away fans that are there. I’d argue that the quality of team that each side can put out is a million times more relevant than number of away fans, location of away fans etc.

My overriding consideration in this debate is that absolutely no Rangers fan should be remotely inconvenienced at Ibrox to make space for a tramp.

Because we get more tickets in return. You can paint it either way depending on your argument.
That’s very true you can paint it either way. But I’m sure all Rangers fans agree that no Bear should move or be put out their seat to accommodate one of that shower of shite.

People on here removing the Pedro,Warburton years to massage the figures to suit their argument,did you do the same when they had Brady,Macari etc managing them with such stars as Biggins and Muggleton taking the field?

Would it though? Most people I talk to favour a compromise and moving away from the tiny allocation again. If it was to change the club should be conducting a full survey with all relevant parties having a say. Just a sweeping statement to say that the majority of fans are more than happy with it.
Based on comments I'd say it's about 80/20.

But a vote wouldn't be a bad idea

Comments on here? They aren't really a representation of the greater rangers support. I think a vote would be the best option and give the fans what they want.
Not one person that sits next to me in CF1 wants their numbers increased, nor any fan either friends or family I've spoken to. I'd be happy for a vote so we can put this to bed once and for all, and get on with keeping them out of our home.

Not one person that sits next to me in CF1 wants their numbers increased, nor any fan either friends or family I've spoken to. I'd be happy for a vote so we can put this to bed once and for all, and get on with keeping them out of our home.
I have the opposite experience as the majority I know and sit around would prefer us having a bigger allocation at Parkhead. A lot properly done survey/vote is the only way it could be clarified.

If you want to see good Bears booted out of Ibrox to let more of that smelly lot in then go and buy a season ticket at your beloved 'Paradise'.

It is disgraceful behaviour from so called Rangers fans wanting their allocation upped.

It would be at least 5% surely? Smaller teams in the league won’t walk away from the money us and them bring in.
There’s nothing stopping them doing that the now if that’s was their intention though?
But under the current rules they could give us even less so this doesn’t make sense?
@Davie Weir @Aww Skew @Dynamo

Yes right there is nothing stopping them cutting our allocation as we have seen but all clubs have to give an allocation under current rules

If the SPFL voted on a change of ruling on that and it how it worded

Visiting supporters are entitled to 5% of ground capacity

Is that a maximum or minimum percentage?

or

Visiting supporters are allocated 2500 tickets

Club could cited current rules on away allocation if that was included

in truth it won't really apply for most clubs but some do take a decent support to lesser games so I don't really see clubs voting to amend the rules on this

I think there is a strong possibility that the board have signed contracts with partners and corporate clients that guarantee them a certain amount of tickets for Celtic games. If this is the case then they might not be able to offer Celtic 2000 or so tickets as some of these tickets are taken up by contractual obligations to clients and partners.

I think Rangers should survey each season ticket holder for their thoughts on the away allocation for this fixture.

Back