Old Firm fans and the General Election

The perfect summing up of this GE in less than a paragraph
It is really a matter of which candidate for number 10 that appals you the least.
It says much about the state of our politics when Boris Johnson can look like a Prime Minister when compared to the other two, as for Krankie a glove puppet held by a vagrant would carry more political integrity.

Exactly get them out.

I’m Lanark and Hamilton East, SNP only have a majority of around 300 on Conservatives.

I’ll be at the polling station at 7:30am to do all I can to ensure a Conservative victory before heading off to work.
I'll also be voting Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party and would urge all Rangers supporters who would like to see the back of the nats to vote the same.

Difficult choice, SNP seat with Labour 2,600 votes behind in 2nd and conservatives another 2,000 behind in third. I personally want to vote Conservative but think my vote might be better lent to labour for the purpose of removing the SNP.

60 votes between SNP and Labour in my area in 2017. Going to have to be a tactical vote for Labour. SNP out the main thing over anything else as far as im concerned.

https://members.parliament.uk/constituencies/ Put postcode in here.. click on constituency and then down on Election history, you will see who it's close between in your area. Make the most of your vote.

I'll be at the Polling Station on my way to work at 7am.

The Jannie at the local primary school always knows I'll be first in whenever there's a vote.

For goodness' sake, it only takes a couple of minutes.

I feel somewhat grateful to live in an SNP-Labour marginal. There's very little Conservative presence here to speak of.

I don't know why but I have a feeling the SNP are going to dominate Scotland again. My guess would be somewhere right smack in the middle of their 2015 and 2017 results.

This is important. The NHS in Scotland is nothing at all to do with the Tories, it’s fully devolved to the Scottish parliament

Doesn't really matter though because we aren't voting for the Scottish Gov we are voting UK wide. I lived in England for a decade and have English in laws going through chemo and lots of English friends. My mother worked for the NHS her entire career and it disgusts me the manner the Tories are treating it. I would never vote for that.

Anyone who votes Tory is an idiot, they are not interested in the nation's prosperity only their own.
i disagree, Labour’s approach would decimate this country IMO.

Nationalising various areas - which in reality just removes the possibility for customer choice.

Trains are shite, often late etc. Well, you own it so you pay for it. No longer can just swap contract operators.

Broadband is free? Well, instead of choosing to pay for 100mb, you are now taxed to receive 5mb etc.

Increase wages? Brilliant, but if everyone gets it then everything just gets more expensive. What if everyone wages inflate 10% on average but cost of living goes up 15% to compensate.

You’ve been responsible and want to leave a house to your kids? Well, the government will be taking the majority of that, %^*& that, I’ve rearmed what little I have

It’s a form of communism and it can get to %^*&. SNP equally disgust me.

Argyll and Bute

The Tories are definitely the Unionist vote there.

O'Hara is definitely vulnerable.

He'll be lucky to muster up 35% of the electorate.

It's up to the Unionist vote to get behind the Tory candidate.

Lib dems? what a waste of a vote! no principles and certainly no great belief in the uk
I am against Scottish Independence and against coming out of Europe so the Lib Dems policies are most suited to me.

In my area the Conservatives narrowly beat SNP the last time so I am voting Conservative again as the most likely way of keeping SNP out.

I am gambling that the breakdown of votes is similar to the last election and hopefully the LibDems don't take away some of the Conservative vote.

Also hoping that even if the Conservatives win there are enough MPs to vote down Brexit.

The main goal for me is to avoid SNP/independence and the consequences to Scotland which could well be bankruptcy and civil unrest.

Back